Dino's Game 9 Press Conference | BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 9 Press Conference | BC

Good grief! Honestly, is this guy for real? We got outscored in the 4th Q 3-0, while VPI had their backups in after the 30-3 halftime score.

This, unfortunately, is so reminiscent of the Grob era and his post/upcoming game pressers. Like when Grob insisted there was "improvement" even if "we didn't see it" he "did" or along those lines after getting boat raced and being totally embarrassed. Except Grob stated this in his 1st/2nd years, not year EIGHT!
Choo Choo

Babers, known historically for his fast offensive play that’s seemed nonexistent in recent years, said he took the trouble getting out the gate against Virginia Tech and other recent opponents “personally.” He said it’s a mix of both game planning and execution causing the issues.

Good job by Leiker to not pull any punches on persistently weak offense and to get a quote from Dino where he admits that, yet again, they didn't have a plan for the game.

When that happens they know blood is in the water. Words out that Wildhack is unhappy.
To clarify are you hearing Wildhack is unhappy or in general based on the questions from the press, word on the street so to speak is Wildhack is unhappy? Just making sure I am reading your post right.

What are you...what are the coaches telling the players to get them more prepared for the next game? ( or something to that effect)...
DINO: You have access to the players..go ask them.

I've seen/heard enough...

To clarify are you hearing Wildhack is unhappy or in general based on the questions from the press, word on the street so to speak is Wildhack is unhappy? Just making sure I am reading your post right.

These questions are coming from the reporters because the rumblings out of the AD's office are not good at all for Dino. Wildhack was inundated with upset fans all weekend (including some of the few bigger $$ people we have) and he personally hates when SU teams are embarrassed on National TV.

These questions are coming from the reporters because the rumblings out of the AD's office are not good at all for Dino. Wildhack was inundated with upset fans all weekend (including some of the few bigger $$ people we have) and he personally hates when SU teams are embarrassed on National TV.
Thx!

yeah I mean there is losing and then there is getting curb stomped on national TV 4 weeks in a row. One can be spun a little the other not so much whatsoever.

yeah I mean there is losing and then there is getting curb stomped on national TV 4 weeks in a row. One can be spun a little the other not so much whatsoever.
Yeah people really have to understand (and most do, it's pretty obvious) that there is losing and there is getting embarrassed from quite literally the first possession. It's so beyond unacceptable how the last few games have gone. Literally from possession 1. Sustaining the incompetence that we have over the last month is legit hard to pull off.

He’s got no answers. He doesn’t know why nothing is working. He can’t figure it out and he’s been reduced to saying nonsensical things now.

It happens.

He has never had any answers in a press conference. IF he does know why things aren't working, he's not going to say one word about it in a press conference.

What do people expect?

One thing Dino does not do, like it or not, he does not throw his players under the bus.

I for one am excited for a couple of things Friday. Obviously hoping we win and for some reason have tricked myself into being optimistic again that they can turn it around (mainly being favored on the points from vegas), back in the dome, rivalry). But if we lose, that Brian Higgins Eric Dungey show is going to be must listen. Can tell there’s some beef forming between the two of them. Also if BC wins I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try to plant the flag on the dome turf and for another fight to break out

Babers, known historically for his fast offensive play that’s seemed nonexistent in recent years, said he took the trouble getting out the gate against Virginia Tech and other recent opponents “personally.” He said it’s a mix of both game planning and execution causing the issues.

Good job by Leiker to not pull any punches on persistently weak offense and to get a quote from Dino where he admits that, yet again, they didn't have a plan for the game.

Nah, they did have a game plan. It just didn't work. This is Dino's way of taking responsibility that the game plan was faulty.

He has never had any answers in a press conference. IF he does know why things aren't working, he's not going to say one word about it in a press conference.

What do people expect?

One thing Dino does not do, like it or not, he does not throw his players under the bus.
There are ways to point out personnel/scheme/ performance issues without throwing specific players or coaches under the bus. His answers are more indicative, to me, that he is very defensive about the performance of the team because it all falls on him in year 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom