Dino's Signing Day Presser 1 PM | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Signing Day Presser 1 PM

Babers on recruiting punter Max Von Marburg: “We informed our scholarship punter we were going to recruit another one. We went through our process.” Says they’re comfortable with what they’ve seen on video to offer him a scholarship.

Babers: “We went after certain positions and we have breathing room to add guys in the late period.”

Babers says they’re “halfway done” with this cycle. Going to be an eventful late period.

Babers: “we’ve got something extremely a special. The education here is no joke.”

Dino on Sean Tucker: “Yeah, Sean’s going to be back here.”

Babers on the OC search: “We want someone who can score points.” Said it’s a process they don’t want to rush because they need to make sure they get the right person.

Babers on how many will come from the portal versus high school: “It’s a very fluid situation.”

Dino says Bob Ligashesky is a fantastic coach. Excited about his ability to help improve special teams

Last edited:
Weird , I saw that as a" relax on Sean
Tucker" as the big thing, not the search for the OC will go on. That damn optimism , have to learn to stop it

Well, they want someone who can score points, so that's going to take some time.
I wonder why they didn't want a guy who could score points last go round?
i know, every hire always works in college football. We had a good day, no decommits and 2 flips, the best running back in college football ( 2022) is coming back and were going to piss and moan some more.

i know, every hire always works in college football. We had a good day, no decommits and 2 flips, the best running back in college football ( 2022) is coming back and were going to piss and moan some more.
I know, we can't have cynical humor, either.

Oh my goodness ...you guys again and again on the new OC. If Dino takes his time getting him, so what? If he's the right guy, you won't care that he was hired in January, February, or July

And I bet we find someone much better than you Debbie Downers think. Go get a drink, or a laxative

Waste of time. Had exactly 1 question about the signees this morning. All the press wanted to talk about was the portal.
Agree.

I agree Dino would agree as well. He looked irritated at the lack of interest in the new recruits. Unfortunately, our 'journos' as a whole anyway, appear to have little or no interest in recruiting,

What a shame. It would have been a far more interesting and worthwhile presser if fans could have asked the questions. We would have gotten a lot more information.

Another major failure for the crew assigned to cover Syracuse football.

Agree.

I agree Dino would agree as well. He looked irritated at the lack of interest in the new recruits. Unfortunately, our 'journos' as a whole anyway, appear to have little or no interest in recruiting,

What a shame. It would have been a far more interesting and worthwhile presser if fans could have asked the questions. We would have gotten a lot more information.

Another major failure for the crew assigned to cover Syracuse football.

I mean, the portal is absolutely apart of recruiting and signing day.

Clawson was talking about this morning and how Wake isn’t taking that many HS kids because they have the portal to recruit out of now and those kids, for the most part, are coming in and ready to play right away.

High School recruiting is going to become only the best of the absolute best. Kids like Deuce who are plug and play and ready to go from day 1.

Dino may be irritated about it, but it’s the reality of college football and he needs to jump fully on board

Clawson was talking about this morning and how Wake isn’t taking that many HS kids because they have the portal to recruit out of now and those kids, for the most part, are coming in and ready to play right away.

High School recruiting is going to become only the best of the absolute best. Kids like Deuce who are plug and play and ready to go from day 1.

Dino may be irritated about it, but it’s the reality of college football and he needs to jump fully on board
There's going to be a rule about how many high school kids you will need to take. High school recruiting is not going away at all

Agree that Dino should recruit players from the portal, as he clearly is doing.

No issues with some questions being asked about portal recruiting.

Major issues with the focus on the portal and coaching hires instead of on the players that have just signed.

This was a presser on NSD. The focus for today should have been on the players that signed (and maybe near misses and plans for the second NSD).

I don't care about the players that left. Everyone knows why they left. No one has interest in this. Except some dolts trying to drum up another negative story that has already been written a dozen times.

Agree that Dino should recruit players from the portal, as he clearly is doing.

No issues with some questions being asked about portal recruiting.

Major issues with the focus on the portal and coaching hires instead of on the players that have just signed.

This was a presser on NSD. The focus for today should have been on the players that signed (and maybe near misses and plans for the second NSD).

I don't care about the players that left. Everyone knows why they left. No one has interest in this. Except some dolts trying to drum up another negative story that has already been written a dozen times.

Unfortunately, the reality of Dinos situation on the hill right now tho.

He hasn’t hired an OC yet and hasn’t talked about it.

This was the first time he’s been available for comment since firing multiple people on his staff.

I get what you’re saying and I don’t disagree that this presser should have been about NSD but some of this is a product of his own doing by keeping everything so secretive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom