Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference

Who are these people asking these ridiculous questions? I'm not even being defensive about losing Babers I just find it ridiculous to be harping on this.
Because rumors have been swirling..

That was my first thought. To me, the tea leaves are indicating that there is a very real possibility that ED's career at SU is over. If that's the case, then I feel like it's undoing any momentum we gained this year. An even tougher schedule next year, and we'll be starting a QB with ZERO game experience.
I also think the Dungey's career is over at SU. If this is the case I would expect Babers to find a grad transfer or JUCO QB to take over the in 2017.

I also think the Dungey's career is over at SU. If this is the case I would expect Babers to find a grad transfer or JUCO QB to take over the in 2017.
Kai Locksley of Texas wants to transfer. 4 star dual threar qb. Don't think he's a senior though, so that wouldn't help next year.

"Syracuse HC Dino Babers said QB Eric Dungey is getting a second opinion on his injury"

that's not good.

people only get second opinions when things aren't good.

Yep.

That was my first thought. To me, the tea leaves are indicating that there is a very real possibility that ED's career at SU is over. If that's the case, then I feel like it's undoing any momentum we gained this year. An even tougher schedule next year, and we'll be starting a QB with ZERO game experience.
Oh, you mean like Donnie McPherson, Marvin Graves and Donovan McNabb? Btw, hasn't Mahoney gotten a fair amount of game experience the last two seasons?

the Dungey news is a major kick in the balls. That sucks. All momentum this season will be lost trying to bring in a new QB.

Oh, you mean like Donnie McPherson, Marvin Graves and Donovan McNabb? Btw, hasn't Mahoney gotten a fair amount of game experience the last two seasons?
If you think Mahoney would start next year over a Freshman Devito, or a RS freshman Culpepper you're nuts. The only way that happens, is if Devito, and Culpeper are absolutely horrible in camp. I'm not sure what your point is with our 3 best QB's in school history. You don't need a degree in rocket science to know that starting someone with ZERO game experience, is less than ideal, compared to being able to start a kid with 2 years experience, and has proven he can play at a high level.

the rumors created by the board schizophrenic message board members?
I have no idea where the rumors started but if they are out there and the media is aware of them of course they are going to ask. As we all know sometimes there is some truth in rumors.
And I am not saying that I believe Babers to Baylor. I don't think he would take that job for a lot of reasons.

Do we know where they started?

Thamel?

Thamel did write about it, and Babers' name has been bandied about in a couple of CFB podcasts I listen to. Paul Myerberg specifically mentioned Babers would make a lot of sense to Baylor. Personally, I think it's probably not based so much on internal sources, but more based upon his previous ties there.

That said, nothing would shock me with him. He doesnt seem all that happy here (this is based upon nothing but general demeanor) and I'm wondering if he would look at an Arizona or UCLA, both places he's spent time at. But even if those jobs opened, I'm not sure if a 4-8 record would be very sellable to either of their respective fan bases. Who the hell knows?

Thamel did write about it, and Babers' name has been bandied about in a couple of CFB podcasts I listen to. Paul Myerberg specifically mentioned Babers would make a lot of sense to Baylor. Personally, I think it's probably not based so much on internal sources, but more based upon his previous ties there.

That said, nothing would shock me with him. He doesnt seem all that happy here (this is based upon nothing but general demeanor) and I'm wondering if he would look at an Arizona or UCLA, both places he's spent time at. But even if those jobs opened, I'm not sure if a 4-8 record would be very sellable to either of their respective fan bases. Who the hell knows?

I think Baylor is going to be a tall task for anyone.

Not that Syracuse isn't, but at least you've got it started. Go look at Baylor's commits for next year. Both of them.

What on earth has happened to RichRod at Arizona?

If Dungey is done and Babers bolts.

Yikes. And you aren't getting Montgomery to come here is Babers is a one and done with a 4-8 record.

If Dungey is done and Babers bolts.

Yikes. And you aren't getting Montgomery to come here is Babers is a one and done with a 4-8 record.
Montgomery would come here if you paid him enough. People didn't think we could get Babers either.

What happens to Devito if Babers bolts ?

Montgomery would come here if you paid him enough. People didn't think we could get Babers either.

What happens to Devito if Babers bolts ?

You'd lose a lot of this class and several current players would transfer.

I think Baylor is going to be a tall task for anyone.

Not that Syracuse isn't, but at least you've got it started. Go look at Baylor's commits for next year. Both of them.

What on earth has happened to RichRod at Arizona?

Yea honestly I'd be a bit surprised with Baylor. Feels like Baylor will probably be required to break all ties with any Briles guys, and that now seems like a really tough job all of a sudden considering their issues and potential NCAA investigation.

Apparently Arizona has had a TON of injuries and RichRod has a large buy-out, so he may be safe for another year. He is only two years removed from a Fiesta Bowl appearance. Hopefully he gets another year there and we have minimal movement in the coaching market this winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom