Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference

Really though... we have been bad. talent or whatever you want to say... 4-8 does not get you a new program.

Wow lots of angst on this board...agree with PACuse...while I certainly like how his offense looks, he has only won 4 games, has not "turned" any corners program wise yet(with more time he could), is not even done with his first year and while I get some of the excitement, he really needs to accomplish more before panic sets in about whether he may leave if someone talks to him...oh and by the way why is it glass half empty on here? He just might stay because: he wants to actually turn around a P5 program and have that on his resume, plays in a dome which is perfect for his schemes, because perhaps our new AD and Chancellor get it and may incent him to stay when the time is right, etc...folks how about a little faith...Go Cuse...

I am guessing other programs have seen enough of what Babers can do so far in his career that they might want to hire him away. Your assertion that he needs to accomplish more is just your opinion, nothing more. Some might also be willing and quite able to pay him far more that what we are currently willing or able to pay.

Could be dougie... Like it or not.
I am a Marrone fan but please God NO, unless he brings in a no huddle hurry up coordinator and a great one.

Would rather have Montgomery or someone in the Oregon/Baylor offensive mode.

I am a Marrone fan but please God NO, unless he brings in a no huddle hurry up coordinator and a great one.

Would rather have Montgomery or someone in the Oregon/Baylor offensive mode.

Marrone redux would be the best case scenario. If Dino leaves this year I have no interest in getting another guy who will bolt in one year. Bring back Marrone, bring back Shafer as D-Coordinator and build it up that way. Go find a Mark Whipple type in the northeast that can run an exciting offense and see what we can do.

I assume this is VERY unlikely (both Dino leaving and Marrone coming back).

Really though... we have been bad. talent or whatever you want to say... 4-8 does not get you a new program.

Lane Kiffin with like 6 wins at Tennessee got the USC job so i think people are smarter than what the record shows.

It would be the equivalent of giving Barry Switzer a 10 year contract after his Cowboy superbowl winning it with all Jimmy guys. Talent knows talent.

I think this comes down to happiness for the Babers family. Do they truly like the CNY area. The job itself is one that he can stay with forever but is this where he wants to finish his career. He may have had Waco as his destination since the day he took this job and may have told Coyle this (who hired him). Wildhack never hired Dino and i don't discount that dynamic either.

Lane Kiffin with like 6 wins at Tennessee got the USC job so i think people are smarter than what the record shows.

It would be the equivalent of giving Barry Switzer a 10 year contract after his Cowboy superbowl winning it with all Jimmy guys. Talent knows talent.

I think this comes down to happiness for the Babers family. Do they truly like the CNY area. The job itself is one that he can stay with forever but is this where he wants to finish his career. He may have had Waco as his destination since the day he took this job and may have told Coyle this (who hired him). Wildhack never hired Dino and i don't discount that dynamic either.

But Dino was on the committee who hired Wildhack so that might be something to think about also.

But Dino was on the committee who hired Wildhack so that might be something to think about also.

That's fair I'm just saying we don't know what Dino indicated when he was interviewed to the former AD. Dino probably loves Wildhack and the ESPN angle but Wildhack will have a chance to hire his own guy if Dino leaves. I'm just saying we don't know how much rope he'll give Dino if he detects a Jeff Jags situation and he's got one foot out the door.

I hope the direction this thread went to turns out to be a top 5 waste of time in syracusefan history (in reality, the Ash thread was probably #1, but damn was there some good stuff in there, fast and furious. It was like a mini chat room).

I have no inside information to base this on, but I'll go on record as being stunned if Dino left after this year. Been wrong before but now that he has a BCS job, I really think he'll stay and see if he can build this program.

What FHCDM said about the SU job. Bottom line is nothing Babers could have said would really make a difference.

I understand the sentiment - coaches never tell the truth - they are always willing to look for the next job - it doesn't matter what they say.

I get that.

I described what I wanted to hear not necessarily what I expected to hear.

And, in all fairness, I think that Doug Marrone was sincere when he said that all he had done after graduation was aimed at becoming the HC at Syracuse University.

But, after four years, I believe that he decided that he did not want to coach college kids - that he liked coaching pros better than the kids. And, I suspect that he felt that the University had not kept infrastructure promises that had been made to him.

So, things changed for Doug after he made his intro speech after being named HC.

Dino's situation is different. First, he has been a HC at the college level for a number of years now - at three different schools. One gets the feeling that he likes to coach kids - that he is not an NFL coach. Second, he is making a lot more money than Doug was and he has a longer contract. Third, he has the infrastructure or much of the infrastructure that Doug wanted but was not provided. Fourth, Dino is fully ensconced in the ACC and is reaping the financial benefits of the conference - Doug didn't.

So, for me, I was hoping that Dino would be more emphatic about staying in Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom