Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference

so because he didn't specify how long his contract is or his recruiting class it's not affirmative? that stuff should be understood. and it should also be understood that he wouldn't talk about it.

But didn't he just say last week that, Dabo has an 8 or 9 year plan (with regards to his system and the depth) AND "I hope I can get to 8 or 9 years here at Syracuse?" How many times in how many different languages does he have to say the same thing.

If he leaves he leaves, there's so sense perpetuating the narrative and wishing it true

This is exactly what I am saying. I am extremely agitated by the fact that these questions keep coming up after Dino, who up until now, has stated time and time again that he plans to be here.

And now, after the umpteenth question on this, the answer doesn't sound as promising

This is exactly what I am saying. I am extremely agitated by the fact that these questions keep coming up after Dino, who up until now, has stated time and time again that he plans to be here.

And now, after the umpteenth question on this, the answer doesn't sound as promising
Certain writers wonder why nobody will talk to them.

The answer will never sound promising because that is the typical Syracuse fan mentality and something I will never understand. Its nauseating. Half empty sky is always grey, going through life everyday thinking my girlfriend is going to dump me attitude.

Quite frankly, here you have a game pivotal in making a bowl and the stadium is empty. SMALL TIME, is what the coaches must think. Why does anyone care ?

I don’t know Dino and maybe he’s just a politician, but I just don’t think it’s in his fiber to bail. He hasn’t accomplished anything and coaches with a fiery competitive nature would want to accomplish something at the place THEY CHOSE to work at.

If you think Mahoney would start next year over a Freshman Devito, or a RS freshman Culpepper you're nuts. The only way that happens, is if Devito, and Culpeper are absolutely horrible in camp. I'm not sure what your point is with our 3 best QB's in school history. You don't need a degree in rocket science to know that starting someone with ZERO game experience, is less than ideal, compared to being able to start a kid with 2 years experience, and has proven he can play at a high level.
Well no shoot Sherlock that it's better to have a starter with game experience over one without, all things being equal, but that wasn't the point you made, which was that all momentum is lost when you have to start a QB without game experience (regardless that there are 10 other players on offense who may bring their own momentum). You tried to dismiss my examples by saying they are the 3 best QBs in school history, but doesn't that fact actually strengthen the argument rather than diminish it? As to your statement about who will be starting next year absent Dungey, why is it nuts to expect a QB who has gotten meaningful game experience over the two prior seasons to be starting over two guys that haven't played any downs in college? I haven't seen Culpeper play at all in college. Devito hasn't even made it to SU yet. I have seen Mahoney play. I would offer that it's more nuts to completely disregard the notion that Mahoney could start over those two. I'm not saying he will start next year, just that it wouldn't be crazy.

I ag
The answer will never sound promising because that is the typical Syracuse fan mentality and something I will never understand. Its nauseating. Half empty sky is always grey, going through life everyday thinking my girlfriend is going to dump me attitude.

Quite frankly, here you have a game pivotal in making a bowl and the stadium is empty. SMALL TIME, is what the coaches must think. Why does anyone care ?

I don’t know Dino and maybe he’s just a politician, but I just don’t think it’s in his fiber to bail. He hasn’t accomplished anything and coaches with a fiery competitive nature would want to accomplish something at the place THEY CHOSE to work at.
I agree with everything you just said except one thing. The answer isn't great--whether you are an optimist or pessimist.
In fact, I have posted many posts on this board trying to convince everyone he is staying

It's a question that needs to be asked and I think Bailey was correct in dong so.

Dino should be thankful Bailey didn't press the issue because Dino's response was half hearted.

The Dino to Baylor rumors have been out there, don't think it was a bad question and I agree Dino could have been a hell of a lot more convincing answering it. It's not going to change anything either way, if he leaves, he leaves. I honestly have no idea if he will but like I Said stranger things have happened. Guys who bounce around tend to bounce around, there are no more or very very few company guys in any profession really.

It's a question that needs to be asked and I think Bailey was correct in dong so.

Dino should be thankful Bailey didn't press the issue because Dino's response was half hearted.

No - sounded like a guy who was tired of answering the question, just lost another game, and may have lost his best player to injury.

I'm back and forth on if it was worth asking - if he's hearing rumors from sources in the know (not online speculation) - I'd say yeah. Otherwise, I don't think so. He's got 6 year contract. He's in year one.

No - sounded like a guy who was tired of answering the question, just lost another game, and may have lost his best player to injury.

I'm back and forth on if it was worth asking - if he's hearing rumors from sources in the know (not online speculation) - I'd say yeah. Otherwise, I don't think so. He's got 6 year contract. He's in year one.

Baylor could pay the buyout with money found in their seat cushions.

I'll put it this way... I have heard it, others on here have heard it and the PS guys have heard it. Now whether or not this is all from the same source...:noidea:

I don't think it would have irritated me quite as much if Bud hadn't written that piece about it, directly following a huge win for us, with a "the sky is falling" tone.

Maybe Bailey did it on purpose so he could stalk the boards and watch us lose our minds. Perhaps that's giving us too much credit but that would be some damn fine trolling.

I'll put it this way... I have heard it, others on here have heard it and the PS guys have heard it. Now whether or not this is all from the same source...:noidea:
Baylor reaching out makes sense. But whether the interest is mutual is probably (hopefully) unknown. Dino seems like the type to finish - or at least validate - what he starts. Here's hoping he feels rightfully unfulfilled in this undertaking.

what exactly would be a good response ? Seriously? You write it...go
Yes there is an easy response. It's actually quite simple:

"I only comment on the job that I currently have."

That is it. Next question.

Wow lots of angst on this board...agree with PACuse...while I certainly like how his offense looks, he has only won 4 games, has not "turned" any corners program wise yet(with more time he could), is not even done with his first year and while I get some of the excitement, he really needs to accomplish more before panic sets in about whether he may leave if someone talks to him...oh and by the way why is it glass half empty on here? He just might stay because: he wants to actually turn around a P5 program and have that on his resume, plays in a dome which is perfect for his schemes, because perhaps our new AD and Chancellor get it and may incent him to stay when the time is right, etc...folks how about a little faith...Go Cuse...

Well no shoot Sherlock that it's better to have a starter with game experience over one without, all things being equal, but that wasn't the point you made, which was that all momentum is lost when you have to start a QB without game experience (regardless that there are 10 other players on offense who may bring their own momentum). You tried to dismiss my examples by saying they are the 3 best QBs in school history, but doesn't that fact actually strengthen the argument rather than diminish it? As to your statement about who will be starting next year absent Dungey, why is it nuts to expect a QB who has gotten meaningful game experience over the two prior seasons to be starting over two guys that haven't played any downs in college? I haven't seen Culpepper play at all in college. Devito hasn't even made it to SU yet. I have seen Mahoney play. I would offer that it's more nuts to completely disregard the notion that Mahoney could start over those two. I'm not saying he will start next year, just that it wouldn't be crazy.
It's nuts to assume that because Mahoney is not a Division 1 caliber QB, and the other two are to the point where they had major offers. So to assume Mahoney will beat either is nuts given what he has shown with his arm, or should I say not shown.
My argument that starting a true freshman will be less than ideal over starting Dungey holds true. It's a momentum killer, because we will likely have to sit through the growing pains of a Freshman learning the ropes. Your 3 qb's does not strengthen your argument. It just shows it's possible. Possible but highly, highly unlikely. We both know that more often than not, a freshman qb plays like a freshman qb, and not like McNabb, Graves, or McPherson. They are the exception to the rule. So, yes, in my opinion, starting a either freshman next year, with an even tougher schedule, will likely kill momentum gained this year.

"Syracuse HC Dino Babers said QB Eric Dungey is getting a second opinion on his injury"

that's not good.

people only get second opinions when things aren't good.

Yes, I suspect that the initial opinion was not "go play!"

Syracuse Football ‏@syrfootball
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Dino: FSU will be tough task. Calls it a return to upper echelon of conference

Syracuse HC Dino Babers reiterates QB Eric Dungey is not cleared to play medically. He has also not been cleared to practice. Only attended last week.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers said QB Eric Dungey is getting a second opinion on his injury

DB: Dalvin Cook is one of the best RBs in the country

Syracuse HC Dino Babers said he hasn't had any contact w/ Baylor about their opening. Declined to comment further when asked if he's looking.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers: "I thought Zack (Mahoney) played extremely well."

DB: I thought Mahoney played well. Reiterates he wants to see other guys around Zack to step their game up.

DB: doesn't want to speculate latest injury is career-ending. Respects his right to go through process privately.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers declined to speculate if QB Eric Dungey's injury might be career ending. Said ED has "earned the right" of privacy.

I would have preferred that Coach Babers respond as follows: "I am the head coach at Syracuse University. I love it here. I have no interest in any other job. I plan to be here a long, long time."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom