Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 12 FSU Press Conference

Why is everyone guessing HCDB is leaving? He just got settled, knew and advertised this would have a year and a half, and with Dungey down right now, possibly a little longer. The D is shaping up nice, lost of young kids with experience, expect the D to be very good next year and possibly elite level 2-3 years down the road. The QB situation is rough, but Culpepper is RS, and there is the Jersey kid coming next year. The O-Line took a beating, played 4 young guys and all will get bigger, stronger and the injured will return. The O-line should be serviceable to good next season. Wide receiver is looking good. RBs look good (O-Line is the issue with the running game, both size and experience). All in all, he should at least wait a year and show the system works, have an outright winning season and probably a good time overall.

Not to mention, he has the backing of the school, the admin, the Dome renovations coming, a fan base that wants a winner and the whole northeast wanting a dominant team again. The family just got settled.

I am not convinced that he is looking to jump ship the first time a better offer comes along. I think he is looking for a realistic shot at building a contender without the pressure of perfection annually (even Saban and Alabama cannot perform that well).

Let the media talk, that is their job. Let them be the morons and let the fans enjoy what HCDB is doing here and appreciate the hope he has infused upon the School, city and fan base.

I'll go with Sonny Dykes to Baylor. Cal is going through major issues with funding right now and he was never a great fit. Going back to Texas would make sense.

Dust in the wind?

Point of Know Return.

Kansas_-_Point_of_Know_Return.jpg

Can't wait for who do we hire threads? YES!! Maybe we can get Chris Ash:):):):):rolling::rolling::rolling:

Can't wait for who do we hire threads? YES!! Maybe we can get Chris Ash:):):):):rolling::rolling::rolling:

The Day...the Internet...Died

Bye bye Miss American Pie...

Could be SU wants a 2nd doctor to sign off on his return to action.
^^^ agreed or it could also be the parents making sure that they are hearing a second voice in the process to be sure that their son is not putting anything at risk... very smart to get a second informed opinion when dealing with your kids health in this type of scenario... kudos for that happening...best of luck to the young man

I think Baylor is going to be a tall task for anyone.

Not that Syracuse isn't, but at least you've got it started. Go look at Baylor's commits for next year. Both of them.

What on earth has happened to RichRod at Arizona?
If I were Baylor I would extend Grobes' contract and let him stay there with all the current coaching staff. They are 6-2 even with their QB having a career ending injury Saturday.

I guess if you ask the question enough, you'll get the response you're looking for.

Syracuse.com has to keep asking, so Dino gets to keep talking about leaving.

"Did Baylor contact you? No? What about somewhere else? Want to go somewhere else after the season?"

Keep pushing and this coach is gone. This is just getting nauseating.

And his responses as posted in the article were not encouraging, despite the headline:

"I have a very, very difficult job to do and I'm totally locked in to doing that job." Okay. That's nice, I guess

"I'm not even going to talk about any of that stuff."

These are not affirmative responses. He's got a difficult job to do and he's not talking about anything. Avoid the subject and reaffirm how tough it is here.

Oh goody ...

After Marrone and Coyle I personally don't believe anything that comes out of a college coach or AD's mouth. I love Dino and think he is the guy that can turn this program around but it is all about $$$$$.

If you recall Dino said the same thing before the Bowling Green bowl game saying he was locked in and had not talked to any other schools. It easy for a coach to say he has not talked to another school since their agents handle these type of calls.

I guess if you ask the question enough, you'll get the response you're looking for.

Syracuse.com has to keep asking, so Dino gets to keep talking about leaving.

"Did Baylor contact you? No? What about somewhere else? Want to go somewhere else after the season?"

Keep pushing and this coach is gone. This is just getting nauseating.

And his responses as posted in the article were not encouraging, despite the headline:

"I have a very, very difficult job to do and I'm totally locked in to doing that job." Okay. That's nice, I guess

"I'm not even going to talk about any of that stuff."

These are not affirmative responses. He's got a difficult job to do and he's not talking about anything. Avoid the subject and reaffirm how tough it is here.

Oh goody ...

what exactly would be a good response ? Seriously? You write it...go

what exactly would be a good response ? Seriously? You write it...go
I didn't realize that called for getting yelled at.

Here's a response:

No. I'm not talking to any other schools, nor would I. I have a 3 year contract with Syracuse University and that's where I plan to be for at least the next 3 years. I almost have a full recruiting class locked in for next year and don't plan to abandon them either.

Here's a response:

No. I'm not talking to any other schools, nor would I. I have a 3 year contract with Syracuse University and that's where I plan to be for at least the next 3 years. I almost have a full recruiting class locked in for next year and don't plan to abandon them either.

I guess it's a good thing that Dino abandoned Bowling Green.

I guess it's a good thing that Dino abandoned Bowling Green.
True. Dino did come here from Bowling Green. And as someone else already mentioned, the statements he gave today are exactly like the statements he gave to Bowling Green.

He could have used the alternate response I posted, or some other affirmative response like it. But he didn't. That's what I'm saying. And that's not good

After Marrone and Coyle I personally don't believe anything that comes out of a college coach or AD's mouth. I love Dino and think he is the guy that can turn this program around but it is all about $$$$$.

If you recall Dino said the same thing before the Bowling Green bowl game saying he was locked in and had not talked to any other schools. It easy for a coach to say he has not talked to another school since their agents handle these type of calls.
Dino was already hired here before their bowl game, which is why he didn'the coach it.

Here's a response:

so because he didn't specify how long his contract is or his recruiting class it's not affirmative? that stuff should be understood. and it should also be understood that he wouldn't talk about it.

But didn't he just say last week that, Dabo has an 8 or 9 year plan (with regards to his system and the depth) AND "I hope I can get to 8 or 9 years here at Syracuse?" How many times in how many different languages does he have to say the same thing.

If he leaves he leaves, there's so sense perpetuating the narrative and wishing it true.

Can you name me one coach who has ever said, "yes, by golly, I AM looking around for other jobs".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom