Class of 2022 - DL Kevin Jobity (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DL Kevin Jobity (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22)

Congrats to the young man and welcome to Cuse. Definitely the kind of guy you throw into S&C and cook for a couple years. Turns into 3 year contributor. Has the things you can't teach which is part of the tally. Good stuff!

Fantastic. WNY produces good talent, hope KJ is the first of many.

3C0053D1-900E-47C2-8A6A-D598EDEC4F9A.png

Welcome to Syracuse Kevin.

We don’t get DEs out of HS that already weigh 250. I think the track record of the guys we have taken at his size is pretty good. A lot better than our track record getting 210 pound guys and hoping to grow them into DEs.

Kevin might even grow into a DT someday. Growing big DEs into DTs might be our best strategy towards getting the type of DTs in the program that we are looking for,

Good athleticism + good size = good gamble.

Doesn't mean he'll pan out, but not hard to envision this kid as a 6-5 290 DT down the road.
But what's his rating? You know some folks are going to complain because this will drag down our class ranking.

But what's his rating? You know some folks are going to complain because this will drag down our class ranking.

Unrated, I think the article says.

got good news for us Cuse fans.....this kid is going to blow up here and be a solid contributor and GREAT player by his third year here, maybe second. He has skills you can't teach. I played the exact same position on D as this kid and look for/know the nuances of what's involved and needed to excel at this position. The difference is I wasn't good enough to be used on both sides of the ball like this kid and do well no less.

Has the quicks, the instincts and the intangibles. As I said things you simply can't teach as its either God given or it isn't, and it's what you try and retain as you add size, strength and bulk. Look at his film and how he is fast and athletic enough to nearly always be keeping contain against not one but frequently two blockers, and when he's nearly caught out of position he utilizes his quicks with a spin move to get quickly to his responsibility lane, this move is incredibly difficult, difficult to keeps ones balance to keep upright chugging along. Only the best athletes can pull it off.

This along with his cutting ability when he has the ball making kids miss, at 6'4" 250 no less! What a great sleeper! Like I said with Verse well before that exploded, watch and enjoy this kid as he "overperforms" here, which will be an unfair way to characterize, as the kids legit and the real deal.

Good for us!!

Last edited:
He sounds like a reach to me. Unless SU is trying to make some inroads in western NY. I don’t see it. Second team Class B in New York is questionable.
Best case he is Jay Bromley. Worst case he fits exactly what you just laid out. Making inroads isn’t just about glad handing but true action. Low risk high reward.

read that and you can tell the type of kid he is. The type that needs to be told just how good he is and then can be. Kid that needs more of the positive message coaching then the opposite old school hard a$$ method. Think he will get that here. CANT wait to see this kid once he's big enough to hit the field. Wow haven't been this excited about a kid since verse, but this one we got!

Last edited: