Class of 2017 - DL Lorenzo Hernandez (NJ) Transferring from Monmouth to WKU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DL Lorenzo Hernandez (NJ) Transferring from Monmouth to WKU

He's had a winding path. He committed to Villanova and was there for two seasons, 2017 and 2018. Committed to Monmouth in 2019 but then ended up going to ASA from 2019, probably so he wouldn't have to sit a year. Then he ended up at Monmouth for 2020.

. Antonio Anderson, ASA coach, liked his SU offer tweet.

Last edited:
Lorenzo,

A negative is that unlike MU, SU isn’t on the ocean. A positive, it’s not in Jersey.

ASA highlights

Offers from Albany, UT Martin, The Citadel, WKU, Austin Peay, NC A&T, ETSU, SIU, Mercer, Towson, Alcorn St, Tarleton, UNCC, Northern, Iowa, Syracuse

Last edited:
Listed at 6’1 270 on the Monmouth web site. Wrestled in HS. I think he could step in and play at DT and DE right away. Reminds me of Josh Black in some ways. Very athletic for such a big guy.

Listed at 6’1 270 on the Monmouth web site. Wrestled in HS. I think he could step in and play at DT and DE right away. Reminds me of Josh Black in some ways. Very athletic for such a big guy.
Cody Roscoe part 2 ?

Agreed, the offer sheet isn't stellar but he has a lot of traits you look for in a 3-3-5 DL: athletic, agile, fights through contact, nice block shedding. A little small at that listing for NT, but you can see him overcoming the size to potential play all three positions. SDE would be my bet here.

Agreed, the offer sheet isn't stellar but he has a lot of traits you look for in a 3-3-5 DL: athletic, agile, fights through contact, nice block shedding. A little small at that listing for NT, but you can see him overcoming the size to potential play all three positions. SDE would be my bet here.
If Darton played, this kid can be in the rotation

Definitely would like to see us add this kid the DL mix. Would really like to add a kid around his weight that really would be versatile enough to play any position along our 3 man front. We dont need 6’-4” guys in the 3-3-4. An explosive kid like him will work well at any height. Good luck moving him in the run game. And He’s going to shoot some gaps and make some plays.

That's what he indicated in his announcement above.

I’m not a huge fan of 1 year flyers, unless they are instant impact. I’d prefer they be with the team a few years, to get acclimated. However, we need depth on the line, so I get it.

Plus, my feelings on 1 year guys are strictly predicated on me being a fan. I’d like to get to know a player, see their development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom