DL Steve Linton transferring from Texas Tech to Baylor | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

DL Steve Linton transferring from Texas Tech to Baylor

I don't know what Dino may have said, but I don't think telling a player frankly that he's going to fill a situational role is the same thing as cutting him.

Yeah I wonder if Babers said gain some good weight or you will probably be a situation guy, especially with the other young guys coming on.

Yeah I wonder if Babers said gain some good weight or you will probably be a situation guy, especially with the other young guys coming on.

I am sure it would be phrased, you likely will continue to be used as you have been used, but if you gain some weight, improve, you potentially have a shot at the NFL.

Anyone know his snap usage last year?

Or he said tell your HS coach to S-T-F-U, do your absolute best to put some weight on as we have laid out for you, do your JOB, accept your role or you can play somewhere else. Crazy talk I know. He's really a defensive gadget guy at those measurables. Sure we can use him and again I would rather have him than not but he's 1 of 85 really. It's certainly not a game changer.

I don't think the two parties were feeling the Ohana. Pretty safe to say and again player relations is one Dino's strong suits as I don't think he pulls too many punches. Not worried here regardless

Or he said tell your HS coach to S-T-F-U, do your absolute best to put some weight on as we have laid out for you, do your JOB or you can play somewhere else. He's really a defensive gadget guy at those measurables. Sure we can use him and again I would rather have him not but he's 1 of 85 really. It's certainly not a game changer.

I don't think the two parties were feeling the Ohana. Pretty safe to say

How much does Lowrey weigh? He doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot bigger, maybe stronger.

How much does Lowrey weigh? He doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot bigger, maybe stronger.

6-3 225 lowery versus 6-5 220 for linton. Two different positions though at least on the roster. Like I said, Linton is really a defensive gadget guy who gets what 25-30 snaps a game who probably wants 45-50. Is what it is, not really concerned but this ship may have sailed.

Losing Carter really sucks, Duce is a blow too but that is just what college football has become. Guys like Linton? Come and go. They are the ones that get the lost in the shuffle.

Or he said tell your HS coach to S-T-F-U, do your absolute best to put some weight on as we have laid out for you, do your JOB, accept your role or you can play somewhere else. Crazy talk I know. He's really a defensive gadget guy at those measurables. Sure we can use him and again I would rather have him than not but he's 1 of 85 really. It's certainly not a game changer.

I don't think the two parties were feeling the Ohana. Pretty safe to say and again player relations is one Dino's strong suits as I don't think he pulls too many punches. Not worried here regardless
I think if I hear Dino with the Ohana la familia stuff one more time I’m going to puke . It’s obviously no longer the case. It’s about getting that bag and getting to the league.

6-3 225 lowery versus 6-5 220 for linton. Two different positions though at least on the roster. Like I said, Linton is really a defensive gadget guy who gets what 25-30 snaps a game who probably wants 45-50. Is what it is, not really concerned but this ship may have sailed.

Losing Carter really sucks, Duce is a blow too but that is just what college football has become. Guys like Linton? Come and go. They are the ones that get the lost in the shuffle.
Lowery had snaps in the bowl game as a traditional LB. I don't think Linton has that in his bag, at least in Syracuse's system.

I think if I hear Dino with the Ohana la familia stuff one more time I’m going to puke . It’s obviously no longer the case. It’s about getting that bag and getting to the league.
Except Wax, Caleb, Shrader, Gadsden are coming back, so maybe it is the case.

Amazing you can lift that brush considering how broad it is.

I think some people on this thread are really being disingenuous and unfairly critical and disparaging about Steve. He's doing what he thinks best for himself. His grandfather is from Syracuse (and still lives there I believe) and that was one of the reasons we got him here. He was impactful and made some big plays. He's a real good player. I too wish he would stay but it's his prerogative and right to portal.

And getting to the league happens for the 1.5%.

Ok the "La Familia" Dino's really embracing it these days as well giving the hang loose sign all the time as well. He's cheesy that's what he does

He's done a really nice job of keeping kids regardless of what many think here.

Curious to see how TT uses him.

I believe they also run a 3 man front, but use varied looks and personnel.

They’ve had a solid pass rush in recent years and play in the high scoring Big 12. Could be a good fit for Steve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom