DM to the Nfl question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DM to the Nfl question

Funny how just 2 months ago folks were posting here that Marrone was on the hot seat.

If offered and the money is right, you go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
If provided an extension and the money is right you stay

do you want to be Govener of NY? Or do you want to be President of the United States of America?

I hope Marrone says I dont want the pressure of being POTUS, I love being Gov of my home state.

But, if he decides to got for POTUS, I will have no issue with it and have tremendous pride in watching him grow.

for better or worse, remember what his mentor decided to do.

If provided an extension and the money is right you stay

Su can't match the nfl.

Su can't match the nfl.

Su can't match the nfl.

agreed but they can offer a long term contract possibly as long as 7-10 years at a very strong level. From what im hearing Doug is going to have a decision to make. My sense is that he will stay for another two years minimum although i wouldnt bet the farm on it

agreed but they can offer a long term contract possibly as long as 7-10 years at a very strong level. From what im hearing Doug is going to have a decision to make. My sense is that he will stay for another two years minimum although i wouldnt bet the farm on it
If Doug's dream is to coach in the NFL then he will go. The average salary is like $3Mil and the average length is 4 years or something like that. I dont think it will be about money. I think it will be about him watching to coach in the NFL money aside. He will be well compensated at Syracuse with a long contract if he wants it.

If Doug's dream is to coach in the NFL then he will go. The average salary is like $3Mil and the average length is 4 years or something like that. I dont think it will be about money. I think it will be about him watching to coach in the NFL money aside. He will be well compensated at Syracuse with a long contract if he wants it.
Problem is those job opportunities aren't destination NFL jobs. They are usually at the Cleveland, Kansas City's, Buffalos of the world.

Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville I mean that's 3 shitt NFL teams just in Florida.

Yes they can. Win and you keep your job. pro or college.

Winning is much harder to accomplish in the pros. You are talking about a razor thin margin for error, a lot less than college.

Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville I mean that's 3 shitt NFL teams just in Florida.

i have a feeling if its anywhere, its going to be the jets.

and the jets have a TON of talent *for a team firing its coach*

I hate the Jets. Hell they kicked one of our own Brian Schottenheimer out already. He was the scape goat a few years ago on that playoff goal line debucle. Jets suck. Oh and the owner is an idiot.

Bros! BROS! What if Marrone is hired by the Jets, and then the Jets draft Nassib and Pugh?!?!?!?

:mind blown:

Marrone's name was brought up a number of times as a potential candidate for one of the vacancies on Francesa's NFL show this morning.

I'm happy for Doug that he is getting some mentions and that is a good thing. It will be very interesting to see what happens from here on and what kinds of challenges he wants to have, along with where his family would like to live as well. The NFL is a 24/7 life for a coach and imo it isn't the best thing for a family but obviously Marrone would know that better than anyone so the plus and minus/pro and con scale he has to use I'm sure will be huge on both sides.

I hope he and his staff stay and continue to enjoy the area while raising their children here for those who have them but if any of them think they can or will want to go I wish them well. I'd love for this staff to stay together and most of all Doug but he has to do what's best for him and his family. Coaching is a fickle lover.

While I would be very happy for HCDM if he was offered and took an NFL job. It cannot be stressed enough how much of a blow to the re-building efforts it would be a HUGE setback for the school. Think of all the implications that this could have (ie; recruits de-commiting, question marks on who would replace him effecting future recruits, etc). Syracuse is finally in a good place after that disaster of a coach, Robinson was. They need to pay up to keep every single coach on this staff. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I sure as hell hope the powers that be of the University don't let it go dark again!!

well... we dont have to worry about the jets..

just announced tannenbaum is fired but rex will remain head coach.

What's the average coaching stay of an NFL HC job?

What's the average coaching stay of a BCS HC that loses?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom