do we make halftime adjustments? | Syracusefan.com

do we make halftime adjustments?

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
Duke, NC, UVA... make some changes at and the wheels fall off for us. I don't get it. Ya they are the better teams, but why don't we ever make a counter move. Maddening.

Nah, we make them on the McFly.

Ahem. Sorry...

Not sure what adjustment counters 75% from behind the arc.

You could make an argument as to our offense, but UVA has been pretty good there forever.

Virginia is 27-2 and ranked #2 in the country.

I guess nobody else's halftime adjustments worked either.

It's not as if Duke, UVa and UNC wore us down in the 2nd half of these games - it seemed like the momentum shifted pretty early in the 2nd half.

ODU whipped us in the 2nd half. So did GT. This is not confined to elite teams - or even good ones.

Other than Gtown (maybe OSU?) have we won any games in which we've been down at the half?

Teams are starting to put a guard in the high post and they are killing us. FSU, Duke, NC, Virginia and BC when they cut our 20 point lead down to six took us apart. We have no adjustment to it. We just do what we do and keep getting abused by better teams. I guess it ok if we just beat the bottom half of the ACC.

I mean, we came out of the locker room with like 6:30 left in the halftime break, for the shootaround. Meanwhile, UVa stayed in their locker room for another 4-5 minutes.

Whatever we've been doing at halftime isn't working very well.

Did anyone notice if we made any adjustments? JB said we just played poorly on both ends. Did he try anything to change that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom