Do we really want duke or NC State for a third time | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do we really want duke or NC State for a third time

If we get NC State and win the one thing that helps is we get UVA, a team we played before with them being on the double bye which tends to favor the team who just played. TB always has them ready but at least there are numbers that support the benefits of playing the day before vs a team playing it's first tourney game.

GTown in 03 as well I believe

Did it to uconn as well, think that was the Fab / Drummond year

Speaking of Final Four years, we beat Providence 3 times in 1987 (3rd time was the F4 Semi's)
"Its hard to beat a team three times" in college basketball is arguably my least favorite sports cliche.

OK, you shamed me into it. Here's the list in the JB era:

UConn 83-84
BC 85-86
Providence 86-87
BC 87-88
Seton Hall 87-88
Providence 88-89
Seton Hall 88-89
Pitt 89-90
Pitt 92-93
BC 98-99
Georgetown 02-03
UConn 11-12
Pitt 18-19

BC and Pitt 3 times.
UConn, Providence and Seton Hall twice.
Georgetown once.

Want no part of Duke. There guys would get comfortable shots against us.
The intensity of UNC D is keeping Duke uncomfortable.

There would be some regression to the mean with both teams. We wouldn’t play that bad and Duke wouldn’t play that good. I’m pretty sure of that.

Okay, 007 asked the same question that I just came on to ask. The question really is who would we rather play? The team, playing without their best guy, who we beat twice already vs the team that just pounded us two weeks ago? Tough question. I am going to go with the team we know we beat.

There would be some regression to the mean with both teams. We wouldn’t play that bad and Duke wouldn’t play that good. I’m pretty sure of that.
Duke is a soft team. They struggle with aggression.
We aren’t a good matchup this year with them.

NC state moves us and we are 5-5 against tier one and tier 2. That should be pretty solid.
No real bad losses.
We had a pitt blunder after covid break. Lost big 10 without buddy.

16-8 vs 11 11. that would be an 8 game play in differential.
1615078208861.png

It looks like we get a bye and then play NCS in the second round. If we win there, we play #1 seed Virginia.

We have to beat nc st and Virginia to be in tournament

I used to think we had 0 shot. And then we won the two games this week. And the bubble teams have imploded. Yes, we have beat up on bad competition up until this week. But I think beat NC St and I actually feel we are 70-75% in, if not more. Virginia win would put us at 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom