Do you think the ACC is glad they invited us! Plus second best jb win ever | Syracusefan.com

Do you think the ACC is glad they invited us! Plus second best jb win ever

kcsu

Living Legend
The ACC has to be glowing. Cuse makes and wins a bowl on National TV vs a Big team in its first season. Now this. We have to be the gem of expansion at this point. I realize that Nebraska is strong in football but when you look at what we bring to the table in all sports especially L/F/Basketball we have to be considered one of the best additions of any expansion.

As to JB outside of the National Championship is there a game in recent memory that means more to him? I doubt it. The nation was watching tonight. He is up against one of his best friends and a legend. All time record with 35k plus and Game day on campus. I say that outside of the National Championship this win means more to him than any other. So happy for him as JB has done more for the city of Syracuse and CNY than anyone. Can you imagine if Syracuse was a middle of the road program. This one guy has put us on the map and made us what we are today which is one of the most important college sports program in the land

kcsu said:
The ACC has to be glowing. Cuse makes and wins a bowl on National TV vs a Big team in its first season. Now this. We have to be the gem of expansion at this point. I realize that Nebraska is strong in football but when you look at what we bring to the table in all sports especially L/F/Basketball we have to be considered one of the best additions of any expansion.

As to JB outside of the National Championship is there a game in recent memory that means more to him? I doubt it. The nation was watching tonight. He is up against one of his best friends and a legend. All time record with 35k plus and Game day on campus. I say that outside of the National Championship this win means more to him than any other. So happy for him as JB has done more for the city of Syracuse and CNY than anyone. Can you imagine if Syracuse was a middle of the road program. This one guy has put us on the map and made us what we are today which is one of the most important college sports program in the land

I was born and raised in Syracuse. I moved to KC 12 years ago and without JB no one would know why I puff my chest out when I talk about Syracuse.

Dunno about being the "gem of expansion", but I'd think all of the ACC is probably happy with the decision to add Syracuse.

Awesome post!! Also as a fan this was huge, to see us set a school record for longest undefeated, and also to see JB take down the only guy in front of him with wins. This was huge, because we couldnt afford the chance of being swept. And barely winning here with all the Duke foul trouble, would lead a reasonable person to think Duke would be the vegas favorite at Cameron Indoor Arena, so this win was HUGE. Great post brother...and great playing 'Cuse!!!!

on a personal note, living in Denver now I have worn a Syracuse cap most of the time and without JB it wouldnt mean much. As you guys have said, due to JB we can display our Cuse gear with pride even far from home!

Awesome post!! Also as a fan this was huge, to see us set a school record for longest undefeated, and also to see JB take down the only guy in front of him with wins. This was huge, because we couldnt afford the chance of being swept. And barely winning here with all the Duke foul trouble, would lead a reasonable person to think Duke would be the vegas favorite at Cameron Indoor Arena, so this win was HUGE. Great post brother...and great playing 'Cuse!!!!

on a personal note, living in Denver now I have worn a Syracuse cap most of the time and without JB it wouldnt mean much. As you guys have said, due to JB we can display our Cuse gear with pride even far from home!
Live in Edwards at this point Singletree. If you can you should get up here. Back bowls have about 80 inches and Vail got close to 40 in some spots. Best skiing in over 5 years.

Go Broncos!!

While it's still early, we are definitely in the conversation for "gem of expansion", assuming expansion is referring to the most recent 2010 and beyond (Everything from Nebraska onward).

Texas A&M is the clear front runner right now, imho, what with Johnny football and getting the SEC into Texas.

But the true answer to "gem of expansion" won't be decided for at least another decade or so.

Cheers,
Neil

In his heart, JB may consider this his second best win, but I doubt you will ever hear him say it.

While it's still early, we are definitely in the conversation for "gem of expansion", assuming expansion is referring to the most recent 2010 and beyond (Everything from Nebraska onward).

Texas A&M is the clear front runner right now, imho, what with Johnny football and getting the SEC into Texas.

But the true answer to "gem of expansion" won't be decided for at least another decade or so.

Cheers,
Neil
My sense is we are top 5 without a doubt

When Duke got that woulda-been four-point play, Boeheim got as animated as he gets. Kind of a "we're winning this game on merit and we've got to keep it up" frustration.

This was huge for him. It mattered.

Last year's win at Louisville was IMHO, the best win any team had all year. Today's game was the best college basketball game of the year. We are blessed to be Orangemen fans!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom