Does anyone have an update on Marcus Sales and the SUJB? | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone have an update on Marcus Sales and the SUJB?

I had heard that the hearing was supposed to be today.

I will say this, and am not defending him in any way, but SU misses him BADLY this year. With him, they can't play press coverage.

I'm not enthusiastic about Sales rejoining the team. (No need to go into the reasons again here.) But I will say that I agree with those who question SUJB's authority to levy a punishment against a kid for something that happened (a) during the summer months; (b) not on campus, and; (c) for which all charges were dropped. Just seems like it falls outside of their jurisdiction.

I'm not enthusiastic about Sales rejoining the team. (No need to go into the reasons again here.) But I will say that I agree with those who question SUJB's authority to levy a punishment against a kid for something that happened (a) during the summer months; (b) not on campus, and; (c) for which all charges were dropped. Just seems like it falls outside of their jurisdiction.

Is there some sort of athletic code of conduct like they have in HS?

Is there some sort of athletic code of conduct like they have in HS?

If there is, I would think that it would need to be enforced by the Athletic Dept, or HCDM. Not the SUJB.

From what I've heard,
the judicial board is considering whether Sales violated certain catch-all provisions in the Student Code. Sales doesn't have time to appeal an adverse decision to the "Senate" so he has to get a happy decision up front.

I've heard that a happy decision is expected, and that Sales is likely to rejoin the team this year. Some posters on this board with good connections at CBA have stated that Sales will not rejoin the team this year, so let's keep our fingers crossed. IMO, Marcus is a pretty good kid and could help us a ton.

Also, there is no jurisdictional issue. Conduct is conduct, doesn't matter where or when. I'm not a fan of such broad jurisdiction, but its the same at most all universities.

I will say this, and am not defending him in any way, but SU misses him BADLY this year. With him, they can't play press coverage.

Yup, and Sales can even force a deep safety playing the top of a double team bracket to turn his back regularly! He's a talent.

He'll join just in time to have a standout performance in the bowl game...

if he has any future football aspirations he would be stupid to try to come back this year. He wont play for at least 2 weeks anyway due to gettting football aclimated...so he will have just a few weeks and hopefully a bowl. Not smart, should red shirt.

There's no charges so how can there be any problem?

Even when charges are dropped doesn't mean someone didn't do something wrong.

If this was the SEC it would be a non issue. See Georgias 3 rb's this week. Failed drug test? 1 game. Which 1 game? New Mexico State which is slotted in between Florida and Auburn.

Even when charges are dropped doesn't mean someone didn't do something wrong.

Ding Ding Ding.

I'm not confident we'll see him in orange again.

I actually talked to a cba guy today, Marcus will most likely be back on the team for 2012 spring ball. I look forward to seeing him work hard to get back that along with a fire under his ass will result in a very good season. I hope he makes it back... I am a believer in second chances.. Not 3rd and 4th but second yes...

Marcus just had a way of getting open and making plays... Just one of those guys, great feel for the game.

WhAt can the university say at this point? He wasn't even charged by a grand jury. What can they possibly hold against him? In my mind this has to be over and he's back for the spring like rational IB said

Wow. I also talked to a CBA guy today. He said "do you want fries with that?"
wow, so did I..."would you like to try a pumpkin coffee today sir????"

Wow. I also talked to a CBA guy today. He said "do you want fries with that?"

The CBA guy I heard from today mentioned something about his dad calling him a bad name then kicking him out of the house.

I actually talked to a cba guy today, Marcus will most likely be back on the team for 2012 spring ball. I look forward to seeing him work hard to get back that along with a fire under his ass will result in a very good season. I hope he makes it back... I am a believer in second chances.. Not 3rd and 4th but second yes...

Marcus just had a way of getting open and making plays... Just one of those guys, great feel for the game.

aside from K state, when did he make those plays?

aside from K state, when did he make those plays?

In limited playing time, you should go back and watch his plays in the usf and rutgers game, he was big in the rutgers game..

My wife becomes a flippin pumpkin mess each fall. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin candles. Sheesh...

Although Southern tier's Pumking beer is amazing.

My wife becomes a flippin pumpkin mess each fall. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin candles. Sheesh...

Although Southern tier's Pumking beer is amazing.

Mine too.. Dogfish has a great pumpkin beer as well

Pumpkin everything...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom