Does it concern anyone that | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does it concern anyone that

Eh, I'm just missing something I guess in what you're trying to say.

G had a decent enough handle, could create a bit off the bounce, so can Howard. Howard's more of a pure PG though.

I don't know really get the reference to G being our shooting guard last year though and how that plays in...I'm not comparing the two in any other respect. The trouble is, we keep ending up with people at the other 4 spots that can't really create much offense for themselves. You need a REALLLLLLY dynamic point guard to compensate for that if you're offense is designed around players having unlimited freedom. I don't think G or Howard were/are that.

That just increases the importance of having a good creator as your secondary guard. If our defense can't compensate for our offense, than we're in big trouble. Thus far, that defense doesn't look very good.

G had good mental toughness though, which Frank doesn't (yet).

He went to the doghouse after Lydon pulled down a rebound and then tried to pass the ball to Howard but instead fed Happ for a layup. I guess JB was either so upset at Lydon that Frankie had to be disciplined or he wanted Frankie to realize that Lydon was going to cough it up and instead come back for the ball.

That was the moment, wasn't it? Two games in a row Lydon does this and Frank gets disciplined for it.

That was the moment, wasn't it. Two games in a row Lydon does this and Frank gets disciplined for it.

I saw that, but it's something I've seen JB do since I was little. He has his guys who he favors.

That was the moment, wasn't it. Two games in a row Lydon does this and Frank gets disciplined for it.

Lack of ownership by Lydon. He just abandoned the ball, rather than take care of it. When I saw that "play" I knew we were cooked. Because he should know better by now.

That was the moment, wasn't it? Two games in a row Lydon does this and Frank gets disciplined for it.

I would think JB's criticism is wondering why Frank, as the point guard, was located where he was to get an outlet. Admittedly, Lydon treated the ball like a hot potato but why was Frank standing 3 feet away to the side of Lydon and the Wiscy player, in front of Wisconsin's basket waiting for the ball from Lydon?

I would think JB's criticism is wondering why Frank, as the point guard, was located where he was to get an outlet. Admittedly, Lydon treated the ball like a hot potato but why was Frank standing 3 feet away to the side of Lydon and the Wiscy player, in front of Wisconsin's basket waiting for the ball from Lydon?

I think it was because that's where he ended up trying to play defense and rebound...

I think it was because that's where he ended up trying to play defense and rebound...

They allowed one opponent because of spacing and location to guard 2 players. The rest had broken up court. Normally a basic fundamental play that unfortunately was badly botched.

Good point, you're probably right about that. But I don't know why Lydon was locked in on the point guard when we had numbers (including the other guard, I believe leaking out on the near side) in the other direction.

They allowed one opponent because of spacing and location to guard 2 players. The rest had broken up court. Normally a basic fundamental play that unfortunately was badly botched.

That's still on Lydon to recognize and wait for something to happen, either Howard moves, or Haap starts running back. He did neither, just tried to get rid of the ball as quickly as he could.

th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom