Does this erase just a little bit | Syracusefan.com

Does this erase just a little bit

mark79

All Conference
of the 1987 pain? It does for me, but if we were to go all the way it would be all the sweeter!

Doesn't really change 87 to me, it's been too long.

2003 put 87 to bed from my standpoint.

How does a sweet 16 win erase the pain from a last second championship win?!? You hve to be crazy to suggest that, or too young to remember '87.

'03 was the greatest thing ever, but you can't erase that kind of pain. Not by this game.

I should have known better to post an opinion this late at night.

No, but its a step in the right direction.

All we have to do is win a title this year--getting there at IU's expense in the process--and I'll be happy to reconsider my position.

You asked an opinion, I offered my take. It is my view, and my view alone.

You have a different view, there is nothing wrong with that, but don't ask an opinion, if you don't want an honest answer.

This was a great win, especially when everyone had us out before the game even started. I'm glad for the kids, that they get at least one more game. (And I hope it is more like 3 more wins)

NFW. Keith Smart stole our 1st NC! No amount of wins against them will eliminate the pain. What is absolutely an amazing stat is that we are now have a 4-1 all time reecord against one of the storied programs in the game and it is 1 shot away from 5-0!

good lord no. I am still scarred from that (probably for life) and that was 25 years ago. I probably will barely remember this after 10 years.

Ill never forget 87, but 03 as some have mentioned eased that pain. Bring on Marquette

No, but its a step in the right direction.

All we have to do is win a title this year--getting there at IU's expense in the process--and I'll be happy to reconsider my position.
We gave away OUR title in 1987...I'm happy for vengeance, but only an unexpected title will even the score. This year would be good.

While balance has not been returned to the force, it certainly moved things in the right direction. A buddy of mine who I cried with in '87 called me after the game - hadn't spoken to him in a year. We agreed it was a very big win - one of the biggest for the program in a long, long time. It should not be underestimated - knocking off the 1 seed in the region, and Indiana of all teams.

But, sadly, no - it does not get us back to even.

...it was a very big win - one of the biggest for the program in a long, long time. It should not be underestimated - knocking off the 1 seed in the region, and Indiana of all teams.
this was a HUGE win...

of the 1987 pain? It does for me, but if we were to go all the way it would be all the sweeter!

Were it to happen that way, absolutely. I've got my fingers crossed. Go Orange!

What happened in 87?

Sent using my Commodore 64

I liken it to having a painful wound and finally taking some morphine. You may not be healed, but it sure as hell makes a change and feels very good!

This win was huge, we were the dog, and if we can beat a Big East rival we will be in the Final Four!!!!!

If you think this game takes away the pain of 1987, you are a person that's easy distracted by shiny objects. NFW does that damn shot ever rim out.

I surprised myself and realized after the game that I did not think about the '87 game once during tonight's game. Simply did not seem related to each other. Now if we had faced Indiana in the tournament in 1988 and beaten them, then I would have felt like we got back at them. But when it comes to Saturday night, we seek revenge for earlier this year and the ridiculous amount of fouls called and our bogus loss to them 2 years ago in the tournament. Can't stand Buzz and his histrionics and dancing all over the court. Let's Go Orange!

The NIT game against them the following year, the 2003 title and last night's game come close but there is still a bitterness I carry about that game. I could have actually handled Steve Alford making a basket to win, but Keith Smart's shot after our missed FTs? I still shake my head.

But I admit, this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom