Dolezaj... | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj...

Jake

Mod
Has been a revelation in the post. He’s put some old school moves on bigger guys and been really effective. There is a ton of room for him to operate with three shooters on the floor. Great footwork.

He’s more than a glue guy now.

Has been a revelation in the post. He’s put some old school moves on bigger guys and been really effective. There is a ton of room for him to operate with three shooters on the floor. Great footwork.

Agree. So great to not have to watch them struggle to 50 with every shot from 10 feet and a packed lane.

I wish he had a bit better consistency to turn and shoot from the FT line, but only because I love that dribble and spin so much.

He's got great touch around the basket. Love to see some of these kind of "push-shots" he's got in his bag. No doubt his go go gadget wingspan is crucial. I'm amazed at how high up he gets these little hooks and fades off/

And the 3rd leading rebounder in the ACC. Not bad for a stringbean.

Loved his game tonight and his transition into being more aggressive recently. I've also gone from thinking "Oh no!" when he starts running a fast break to thinking "I can't wait to see what happens here!".

One minor gripe, and maybe someone with more basketball knowledge than I have can explain. I don't like the way that he often takes the pass near the free throw line, jumps and basically pivots himself like 10 feet further from the basket near the 3 point line. He did this once tonight and turned what could have been a jumper near the free throw line to a shot just inside the 3 point line. Is there strategy to this depending on where the defense is, or just a habit of his that can possibly be worked on?

I really thought he was going to expand his game this year, but I thought it would be an improved outside shot. But, he has taken it down low. His improvement fills some gaps. If he went the way I was expecting, his skills would have been largely redundant. What a smart player.

Found his halftime routine..

47C0E649-CD83-45C7-8384-E7049DFEEC3C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom