Dolezaj... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj...

He’s such a matchup nightmare for so many reasons. Can’t even think of a former Cuse player to compare him to

I like watching him play, I wish I could see more games. From what I've seen, he strikes me as kind of a cross between Kristof Onganaet and CJ Fair. The only thing I dislike about Marek is on D with his little "excuse me" stabs at the shooter that invariably end up in cheap and-one fouls. I think what's difficult for opposing coaches regarding matchups is that he doesn't have a single dominant skill you can plan to take away from him. All he really can do is beat you. I really like kids like that. :)

Last edited:
Marek has transformed his game as he’s taking advantage of the space around him (having 3 shooters sure helps), his length going over shorter defenders and hitting the glass, and by slowing his game down. He’s not forcing much and is taking advantage of any crack he sees.

But mostly, I think his body and skills are catching up to his basketball mind. He’ll never be big and strong but he seems to have the wiry strength and has learned to fight through contact. Been a beautiful transformation.
He is also being used properly by the staff. He is now being used in an ISO position vs a pick position. Huge difference as Mareks skill set is quickness, agility, vision, and a great handle.
What he has needed in order to take advantage of his skills was space. The pick and roll negated his skills negated his advantage.
By isolating Marek JB has allowed him to utilize his strengths.

Has been a revelation in the post. He’s put some old school moves on bigger guys and been really effective. There is a ton of room for him to operate with three shooters on the floor. Great footwork.

He’s more than a glue guy now.
he was the one primarily responsible for the win----he is all out all the time --skinny but tough as nails.

One of the announcers recently referred to Marek as a "Swiss Army Knife". I think that describes him pretty well... he can do a little bit of everything!

Marek has transformed his game as he’s taking advantage of the space around him (having 3 shooters sure helps), his length going over shorter defenders and hitting the glass, and by slowing his game down. He’s not forcing much and is taking advantage of any crack he sees.

But mostly, I think his body and skills are catching up to his basketball mind. He’ll never be big and strong but he seems to have the wiry strength and has learned to fight through contact. Been a beautiful transformation.
Wanna see the ball go through him more...he seems to be improving but there also seems to a lot more room for improvement compared to most players...his "usage vs success" ratio is now tilting to a favorable one for the team...when he is scoring and making plays so easily ...need to keep feeding him...but i guess there´s also the fine line of using him too much...

sometimes the gaurds can be super-dominant out there and the team goes away from him for long stretches...but that inside-outside balance is so key to unlocking opposing defenses...being able to pass out of the low post/paint area...creates so much havoc for the 3 point shooters to take advantge of...the team is gelling but I think they can get better.

I want to see Marek hit some 12 footers. he could fill it up form there and set up passes to the baseline when the defense reacts.

My question is, will Marek of today stand in front of a freight train Zion Williamson?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom