Dolezaj... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj...

Has been a revelation in the post. He’s put some old school moves on bigger guys and been really effective. There is a ton of room for him to operate with three shooters on the floor. Great footwork.

He’s more than a glue guy now.

I'm so impressed with the offensive spacing, ball movement, player movement without the ball, etc. this season, compared to the rock fights we've been subjected to the past several years.

A big part of that IMO is being able to get a high post entry pass to Dolezaj, who thanks to his versatility and court vision can shoot, drive, or find open shooters. We've gotten victimized by other teams for many years when they get the ball in that same spot, but we haven't generally had players who saw the floor like this kid. And it sure doesn't hurt having three shooters out there that have to be accounted for [another welcome change].

In the first game against ND, I thought Dolezaj was awful. He really struggled, and tried to take their lanky PF inside several times, without much success. He was MUCH better last night.

And damn -- our team is really poised on the road. They just don't seem to get rattled, even when other teams make their run and the crowd gets loud.

I really enjoy watching players improve as they age or even during the season. The ND guys figured out his move early in the game and then Marek changed it up and added a wrinkle...excellent.

I have to ask, has there been a change in the big man coaching? Seems like over the last two or three games the big men are playing so much better? Not certain the reason but LOVE THE BIG MAN IMPROVEMENT!!!
I think the play has been better but I think Va Tech's lack of size and ND's lack of interest in defending helped. That said putting the ball in the hoop with legit moves is a step in the right direction no matter the opponent.

This might sound crazy but I think Dolezaj is the fastest player we have on a straight line dribble. When he pushed the ball that ended with the Sidibe lob dunk his speed with the ball caught everybody off guard!

The past 4 games he is the player we all wanted him to become. If he can add in a few more high post jumpers a game, puts on weight (rare we say this), and keeps pushing the fast beak like he is. He seriously is a possible dark horse to make an NBA team. What a great story seeing how we got him last minute I’m that years recruiting cycle.

This might sound crazy but I think Dolezaj is the fastest player we have on a straight line dribble. When he pushed the ball that ended with the Sidibe lob dunk his speed with the ball caught everybody off guard!
I also think he has the best open court handle on the team.

Senior year Marek needs to grow a mullet and full mustache.
wtf2.gif

And damn -- our team is really poised on the road. They just don't seem to get rattled, even when other teams make their run and the crowd gets loud.
Well at this point given the “sickening” silence at home I think they’ll take crowd noise wherever they can get it.

You been there for that sickening silence? It hasn’t been.
According to JB not me. Crowds have been fine all things considered.

I think Marek just played his best game in a SU inform by far. 17pt including 7-7 from the line and the play of the game IMO where he came from the weak side to break up that lob pass as Pitt was making a run.

He also threw the pass that lead to the Hughes dunk. He made game winning plays today.

I think Marek just played his best game in a SU inform by far. 17pt including 7-7 from the line and the play of the game IMO where he came from the weak side to break up that lob pass as Pitt was making a run.

He also threw the pass that lead to the Hughes dunk. He made game winning plays today.

The way he squares his shoulders and uses his body effectively and goes up strong and finishes around the rim now is really impressive.

Player development by a “big” duly noted. Maybe we don’t have to hire a 6’10 guy afterall.

The way he squares his shoulders and uses his body effectively and goes up strong and finishes around the rim now is really impressive.

Player development by a “big” duly noted. Maybe we don’t have to hire a 6’10 guy afterall.
How tall is Wayne Morgan....

Dolezaj looked like an all ACC team performer today. He is more than a glue guy at this point. He makes everyone better around him including Sidibe. Bourama has benefitted a great deal from the playmaking of Marek.

It was unthinkable we were a tourney team not that long ago. Now , when you see the individual talent and ability of Marek , Eli and Buddy it almost seems a shame if they don't get that chance this year. It's an uphill battle but Marek's improvement makes it a real possibility given the mismatch he creates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom