Dome Covid Protocols? | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Covid Protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this virus threaten everyone equally?

are people who are vaccinated at significantly lower risk for negative outcomes?

are unvaccinated healthy people at very low risk for negative outcomes?

can anyone who wants to get vaccinated do so?

if community spread and it’s impact such a big deal at this point how can there possibly be large gatherings going on.

shouldn’t we still be on lock down then? How can there possibly be things like football games, concerts, protests going on.
The ignorance is astounding. You again are looking at the individual outcome and how it impacts single individuals instead of how it impacts communities and groups through the viral spread of active spreaders putting unfair and excessive burdens on the economy, business, health care systems and workers, the vulnerable and society functioning properly in general. The vulnerable don't get sick in a vacuum they get sick by the non vulnerable carriers and spreaders. And finally we don't know who the vulnerable is, you think its everybody you don't know. Sufferers include healthy adults, kids, chronic health issues, everyone. You don't know until you get it. Hindsight is always right. I don't think you realize how high a percentage of Americans are living happy active lives with diagnosed and undiagnosed health conditions and don't 'deserve' to suffer and die.

The ignorance is astounding. You again are looking at the individual outcome and how it impacts single individuals instead of how it impacts communities and groups through the viral spread of active spreaders putting unfair and excessive burdens on the economy, business, health care systems and workers, the vulnerable and society functioning properly in general. The vulnerable don't get sick in a vacuum they get sick by the non vulnerable carriers and spreaders. And finally we don't know who the vulnerable is, you think its everybody you don't know. Sufferers include healthy adults, kids, chronic health issues, everyone. You don't know until you get it. Hindsight is always right. I don't think you realize how high a percentage of Americans are living happy active lives with diagnosed and undiagnosed health conditions and don't 'deserve' to suffer and die.
The problem I see right now is that there is no end in sight, so how long do we wait, The vaccine does protect most of those with particular health issues. My wife is immune-compromised and I was not going to attend games until she had booster. She received it
last week. I wear masks in stores again although I am often in the vast minority. The vaccine greatly reduces risk to a vast majority of Americans . Do we shut down sports until herd immunity is achieved. Who knows when.

The problem I see right now is that there is no end in sight, so how long do we wait, The vaccine does protect most of those with particular health issues. My wife is immune-compromised and I was not going to attend games until she had booster. She received it
last week. I wear masks in stores again although I am often in the vast minority. The vaccine greatly reduces risk to a vast majority of Americans . Do we shut down sports until herd immunity is achieved. Who knows when.
Immunity will never be complety achieved because of new variants.
I believe it's simple. Get vaccinated get a booster as needed or stay home.
Society shouldn't have to suffer the ignorance and selfishness of the minority. Individuals who wish to participate in group activities as fans or participants should either get vaccinated or not be allowed.

Ignorance? Those are all legitimate questions from a cost benefit rational risk based approach.

seeing from your perspective there are so many devastating unknowns and downsides what is your solution?

you talk about sufferers. is that people going to the icu or are you talking just getting sick for a week or two, because if it’s the later peopke are going to get sick, that is neither reasonably preventable nor that big a deal for the overwhelming majority that contract it. For them it seems to range from no symptoms to a really bad flu. if it’s the former, what do you mean we don’t know who they are?

The focus should be on mitigating risk for people with multiple comorbidities from contracting it while being unvaccinated and if they do, get them early treatment. at this point the vulnerable should know who they are and take some agency for their own outcomes.

For everyone else at this point we need to move on.

when this thing first got going the nyc metro area was heavily stressed for a couple of weeks, but all the doomsday scenarios never came to pass.

there will be pockets of outbreaks that stress systems locally, but please identify where they have collapsed

Shutting down the country is what put excessive burdens on the economy and business.

Ignorance? Those are all legitimate questions from a cost benefit rational risk based approach.

seeing from your perspective there are so many devastating unknowns and downsides what is your solution?

you talk about sufferers. is that people going to the icu or are you talking just getting sick for a week or two, because if it’s the later peopke are going to get sick, that is neither reasonably preventable nor that big a deal for the overwhelming majority that contract it. For them it seems to range from no symptoms to a really bad flu. if it’s the former, what do you mean we don’t know who they are?

The focus should be on mitigating risk for people with multiple comorbidities from contracting it while being unvaccinated and if they do, get them early treatment. at this point the vulnerable should know who they are and take some agency for their own outcomes.

For everyone else at this point we need to move on.

when this thing first got going the nyc metro area was heavily stressed for a couple of weeks, but all the doomsday scenarios never came to pass.

there will be pockets of outbreaks that stress systems locally, but please identify where they have collapsed

Shutting down the country is what put excessive burdens on the economy and business.
Excellent post. We also need to measure the devastating developmental damage done to children and family units. Health issues related to a lack of physical and mental stimulus. The stress placed on society has been immeasurable.
Vaccines are a gift one that so many in other countries would do anything for and yet in this country we need to accommodate individuals who place irrational fears above their own and others welfare.
I have zero tolerance for them.

Immunity will never be complety achieved because of new variants.
I believe it's simple. Get vaccinated get a booster as needed or stay home.
Society shouldn't have to suffer the ignorance and selfishness of the minority. Individuals who wish to participate in group activities as fans or participants should either get vaccinated or not be allowed.

not sure how it irrational it is for those at naturally low risk or have naturally acquired immunity.

two of the three feature novel technology, while information has been suppressed the short term reactions and potential long term adverse effects aren’t negligible, and the vaccines have not proven to provide full protection or completely prevent spread. At this point it appears to provide the same level of resistance that younger healthier people already have.

I got vaccinated because the risk analysis for me was that given my age and weight (surprisingly no other conditions) it made sense and didn’t have a second thought. If I was 25 and in good condition, I’d pass at this point. Never got a flu shot until a couple of year ago for example. If you’re 25 285, have type 2, and completely sedentary, if you haven’t gotten the vaccine, I don’t know what to tell you.

as for other concern, my wife is an educator, the last two years have been a cluster and there is a two year hole in a lot of educations that probably never get properly addressed. The deferred medical treatments and self harm during enforced isolation has to be thrown in the calculation. This whole rent/eviction moritorium is a giant bomb that is going to explode at some point. The inflationary and supply chain issues have yet to unwind and the second ac could be worse than the first.

Last edited:
No shot but had covid previously go to the game.

No one touching this one interestingly. Shot or not, recent reports showing those that had and survived covid are probably the safest to be in the dome.

As long as requirements are made crystal clear, folks can choose to abide and go, or not and stay home. At least will give us a good excuse for sparsely attended games moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.