Dome Covid Protocols? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Covid Protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. If SU requires one or if SU requires unvaxed to wear one, then they should. Whatever SUs protocols are is what people should follow. Not leave it up to those who would follow the rules to stay home if they are worried. SUs house, SUs rules.
No you said SU should impose mandatory masks

Is there anyone here saying that people should disregard any particular requirement? Yesterday it was essentially optional, which is a reasonable policy. Mandatory masking is nothing but a feel good “we gotta do something “ reaction at this point.

Is there anyone here saying that people should disregard any particular requirement? Yesterday it was essentially optional, which is a reasonable policy. Mandatory masking is nothing but a feel good “we gotta do something “ reaction at this point.

not really. That was like my 100th reply to you and should as in required by SU protocol. And masks were required last night and not “essentially optional”. That’s why they took vax status and the SU statements about fan fest said such. Now today they’ve changed it, for now, that everyone must wear a mask.

Everyone masking inside the dome will never happen. Required, sure, but once the game starts you might see 50% of people with a mask on. Look at the games last year both college and NFL, many people did not wear a mask during the game even though they were required to. I'm not debating if they're effective or not, but don't let masked vs non masked affect you're decision on going to the dome. If you are uncomfortable/high risk, stay home. If there is 30K for Rutgers, there will be at least 100 fans in the house who are covid positive, it's simple stats.

not really. That was like my 100th reply to you and should as in required by SU protocol. And masks were required last night and not “essentially optional”. That’s why they took vax status and the SU statements about fan fest said such. Now today they’ve changed it, for now, that everyone must wear a mask.

to be fair su put a release out 330 saying vaxed masks were optional ie recommended probably because of low amount of free tickets purchased?

Last edited:
Yesterday’s approach was fine. If you want to wear a mask, knock yourself out. If not, that’s cool to.

the world is full of things that want to kill you, free individuals making decisions for themselves about the level of risk they are comfortable with
Even after years of trying to educate people it fails all logic that this reasoning is even close to still existing.
A viral pandemic and it's community spread and all its negative societal impact isn't just about you!

Modern problems require modern solutions.

I can take my mask off if I'm eating?

You may have never seen a man smoke a Dome Dog like a cigar for 3.5 hours, but you may this year...
which is why the current rules make it seem there will be no food in the dome.

to be fair su put a release out 330 saying vaxed masks were optional ie recommended probably because of low amount of free tickets purchased?

that is why vaccination record was required. It certainly wasn’t masks were optional for everyone. It went from everyone needing to wear one to unvaxed needing to wear one. That’s not an individuals choice as Go said.

that is why vaccination record was required. It certainly wasn’t masks were optional for everyone. It went from everyone needing to wear one to unvaxed needing to wear one. That’s not an individuals choice as Go said.
correct optional is the wrong wording. vaxed had the choice as long as they have legal vax record. i personally wore mine when in concourse/entry but in the arena when there was some space between people i didnt

Even after years of trying to educate people it fails all logic that this reasoning is even close to still existing.
A viral pandemic and it's community spread and all its negative societal impact isn't just about you!
does this virus threaten everyone equally?

are people who are vaccinated at significantly lower risk for negative outcomes?

are unvaccinated healthy people at very low risk for negative outcomes?

can anyone who wants to get vaccinated do so?

if community spread and it’s impact such a big deal at this point how can there possibly be large gatherings going on.

shouldn’t we still be on lock down then? How can there possibly be things like football games, concerts, protests going on.

are people who are vaccinated at significantly lower risk for negative outcomes?

if community spread and it’s impact such a big deal at this point how can there possibly be large gatherings going on.

shouldn’t we still be on lock down then? How can there possibly be things like football games, concerts, protests going on.
pretty much the answer is no they cant.

We're wading into learn to live with it territory. I've been to a bunch of sporting events this year - Cuse NCAA lax (masks ignored - everyone outside, the game was a disaster), tennis in DC (and that crowd, basically masks ignored even inside when DC implemented the rule and enforcement was nil) and MLB where the only way staff could enforce the mask rule was when there were 5K people in the park spread out. Now the inside rule in club is ignored with food and beverage and saying F you for trading Trea Turner. None of these are Ole Miss types of crowds (maybe lax).

The Dome is a cozy venue for sure. The RU game is going to be an adventure, and I think a lot of people here are going to freak out at how people handle it.

gonna be a bit easier to handle in a dome with AC though. but I would expect it will be a bout 10% who comply to the new rules.. although if they go foodless its a bit easier to enforce. all the more reason if they ever reconfigure the outside of the dome and create spaces where people could leave and come back in with concourse you could have people drinking outside and not in the seats in times like this.

hopefully within 10 days there is a decrease in level as Onondaga county had way less cases yesterday as the day before(262 to 117.) The 262 seems like an outlier as every other day has been a little over a 100 according to new york data. Hopefully they don't ban tailgating as outside eating is better than inside from transmission perspective

hopefully within 10 days there is a decrease in level as Onondaga county had way less cases yesterday as the day before(262 to 117.) The 262 seems like an outlier as every other day has been a little over a 100 according to new york data. Hopefully they don't ban tailgating as outside eating is better than inside from transmission perspective
So what equals a ‘case’? Is it actually being sick or just Having the virus in your system?

So what equals a ‘case’? Is it actually being sick or just Having the virus in your system?
getting tested vaxed or not though vaxed testing is probably only a thing if you have symptoms or were in contact with someone who was unvaxed and positive. Most vaxed if they get the virus is very short term and low amount unless they have underlying conditions

Su is selling tickets.. they should be doing a better job of letting people know what options are on the table and what it will take to get to those options.. people are trying to make plans. even the notice from SU the last couple days they should be letting season ticket holders know what that means as far as masks and food and tailgating..

The one big difference is that vaccinated people are at much lower risk. That was not the case in past surges. I’m not defending allowing crowds to gather, just pointing out the difference. If you use India and England as models the Delta hit heavy then it faded. I’m hoping it will fade . Note that EPL games are going with packed stadiums. I should add by lower risk I meant of serious illness and death. It is passing to vaccinated people obviously.

The one big difference is that vaccinated people are at much lower risk. That was not the case in past surges. I’m not defending allowing crowds to gather, just pointing out the difference. If you use India and England as models the Delta hit heavy then it faded. I’m hoping it will fade . Note that EPL games are going with packed stadiums. I should add by lower risk I meant of serious illness and death. It is passing to vaccinated people obviously.
I don’t think you can discount the impact that the virus has had on the medical system at large. Because the unvaxxed numbers are so high, hospitals are still full of sick people.

I don’t think you can discount the impact that the virus has had on the medical system at large. Because the unvaxxed numbers are so high, hospitals are still full of sick people.
Yep some places in the US that situation is deadly critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.