Dome Covid Protocols? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Covid Protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
still you have games on college campuses where they have an expectation of safety thats higher than just going to a reg pro type stadium.

I don’t think you can discount the impact that the virus has had on the medical system at large. Because the unvaxxed numbers are so high, hospitals are still full of sick people.

But for purposes of our little board and this thread title, Onondaga County doesn't look so bad. Unless I'm getting bad data.

Looks like nearly 80% of 18+ have had at least one vax dose. Cases have spiked but it doesn't appear hospitalizations are at the same level. Which would make sense in a highly vaccinated county.

Su is selling tickets.. they should be doing a better job of letting people know what options are on the table and what it will take to get to those options.. people are trying to make plans. even the notice from SU the last couple days they should be letting season ticket holders know what that means as far as masks and food and tailgating..
information changes daily, im sure they will put out a release the week of rutgers, wednesday or thursday. Part of me thinks they went to red no so that it is under control a bit in the next 10 days

But for purposes of our little board and this thread title, Onondaga County doesn't look so bad. Unless I'm getting bad data.

Looks like nearly 80% of 18+ have had at least one vax dose. Cases have spiked but it doesn't appear hospitalizations are at the same level. Which would make sense in a highly vaccinated county.
same in my home county of tompkins county(similar numbers to onondaga 18+). we had our highest number of cases since january this week, but cornell and ithaca college intake are a factor with the delta variant but low hospitalizations (single digits) and deaths continue

Last edited:
cornell not very happy with the big uptick in cases the last 10 days. too many parties it seems.

information changes daily, im sure they will put out a release the week of rutgers, wednesday or thursday. Part of me thinks they went to red no so that it is under control a bit in the next 10 days
Agreed, but we are some of the most informed fans around and we are speculating. Even if the message is, we will update you game week it should be blasted to our emails.

cornell not very happy with the big uptick in cases the last 10 days. too many parties it seems.
theres enough students going to target i havent seen this many since 2019

My son is in frat at Binghamton. They have been unleashing after waiting so long. Most of his frat is immunized.

the numbers change daily but the plan for those numbers should already be set. a number that requires masks, a number that stops concessions, a number that is campus community only in the game, a number thats kids only, a number thats no fans again.

Even if they plan on soft enforcement of masks they should try to show they want people to follow the guidelines by saying they are adding staff or whatever.. They should also let people how to find out what the plans for the game will be.. Dont expect last minute emails to be read.. Make it clear where people can go to get the info the day before or the morning of. Try to limit the amount of crazy going into the gates. Promote tailgating and eating in the quad, outdoors if there is a chance of no concessions on the table. If people find out at 10am game day its too late for many to change the pre-game plan..

Just curious, especially The Fine lot regulars, has SU even mentioned tailgating? I have a big tailgate planned for Wake with many coming from out of town.

Just curious, especially The Fine lot regulars, has SU even mentioned tailgating? I have a big tailgate planned for Wake with many coming from out of town.
As of last Tuesday there have been no discussions about banning tailgating. SU is fully intending to hold Cuse on the Quad and feels they could not ban private tailgates while holding there own event. Not only bad optics, but it could cause a crowd on the Quad that they could not handle. Obviously can change day to day and the move to red yesterday is certainly a concern, but I have been asking throughout the last few months and nothing has changed.

best thing about the Wake game is its far enough out, its probably stabilized by then or better if the wave crests.

best thing about the Wake game is its far enough out, its probably stabilized by then or better if the wave crests.
and by then a 2nd vaccine will have full approval so those holding out for full approval will get there vaccine which will help the hospitals

Agreed, but we are some of the most informed fans around and we are speculating. Even if the message is, we will update you game week it should be blasted to our emails.

the email last friday said they would let us know if anything changes before the home opener

There are no current restrictions on tailgating for next Saturday.

the numbers change daily but the plan for those numbers should already be set. a number that requires masks, a number that stops concessions, a number that is campus community only in the game, a number thats kids only, a number thats no fans again.

Even if they plan on soft enforcement of masks they should try to show they want people to follow the guidelines by saying they are adding staff or whatever.. They should also let people how to find out what the plans for the game will be.. Dont expect last minute emails to be read.. Make it clear where people can go to get the info the day before or the morning of. Try to limit the amount of crazy going into the gates. Promote tailgating and eating in the quad, outdoors if there is a chance of no concessions on the table. If people find out at 10am game day its too late for many to change the pre-game plan..
i think thats what the color code thing is 4 levels, currently in the most restricted, but i dont think there is any chance they would ban concessions while allowing people to go to the game

There are no current restrictions on tailgating for next Saturday.
The old “next Saturday” ambiguity. For some people they mean this Saturday but for others it’s a week from Saturday.

The old “next Saturday” ambiguity. For some people they mean this Saturday but for others it’s a week from Saturday.
tailgating at ohio is up to ohio so next saturday would be rutgers

You keep hammering the no concessions thing. Where are you getting that from? There’s no chance that the Dome closes all concession stands if there’s a crowd there. There’s no precedent of this anywhere else in the country for sporting events - indoor events included.

You keep hammering the no concessions thing. Where are you getting that from? There’s no chance that the Dome closes all concession stands if there’s a crowd there. There’s no precedent of this anywhere else in the country for sporting events - indoor events included.
Well if SU followed its own guidelines they just published there would be no concessions. I am not saying its gonna happen, small chance more than likely , I just think that if its an option on the table the school should be up front with it, if its not an option then thats fine too.

there are so many indoor campus events happening like a game at the dome to compare this too.

RPI shut down hockey already to non campus people. other ECAC are looking to do the same. if masks are required on campus and they go back to all food being take out like last yr that means no concessions.. Su isnt there but to think it cant get there again is niave.

Status
Not open for further replies.