Dome Covid Protocols? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Covid Protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomna probably call and ask for my season tickets to get refunded. No way I am spending 4 hours inside the dome wearing a mask. And asking my wife and daughter to do the same.

Will watch on TV if at all.

My apathy for this team and university is at an all time high.
b275afefcde29262bd114fb24e3ebb9d.gif

2 things
1. I have been tracking the positivity rate in NY State and yesterday was the first time the rate went down in about a month. I think we may be peaking in NYState. ( This has no relationship to some other states like Fl, Tx, and La). Keep your fingers crossed.
2. A side note the guy with EJ Manuel on Roadtrip mentioned tickets we’re selling well. I thought no way, but this thread confirmed that statement.
Update
2 days in a row lower positivity ( very slight change)
Uptick for Sunday but Sunday #s are always off due to lack of testing.

Last edited:
Probably apples and oranges but I just ushered a concert at Hershey (arena, outdoors) on Friday. Our written rules (volunteer) were that we must wear masks at indoor locations (concourse, break room, bathrooms, etc). This was not enforced at all. The paid staff wasn’t wearing them in these areas, the volunteer organizers weren’t wearing them.

Even if they did, as soon as you walk 10 feet into the stands, you’re then shoulder to shoulder with thousands of unmasked. I’d say roughly 5% or less of guests chose to wear masks the entire time. Besides all that, I was touching tickets, throwing trash away for people, super close to people because you couldn’t hear questions. The rules just seemed moot when you allow masks to be removed sometimes.

I’m fully vaccinated so I wasn’t too worried and do what’s necessary to get into the Dome, just offering my experience.

Probably apples and oranges but I just ushered a concert at Hershey (arena, outdoors) on Friday. Our written rules (volunteer) were that we must wear masks at indoor locations (concourse, break room, bathrooms, etc). This was not enforced at all. The paid staff wasn’t wearing them in these areas, the volunteer organizers weren’t wearing them.

Even if they did, as soon as you walk 10 feet into the stands, you’re then shoulder to shoulder with thousands of unmasked. I’d say roughly 5% or less of guests chose to wear masks the entire time. Besides all that, I was touching tickets, throwing trash away for people, super close to people because you couldn’t hear questions. The rules just seemed moot when you allow masks to be removed sometimes.

I’m fully vaccinated so I wasn’t too worried and do what’s necessary to get into the Dome, just offering my experience.

I think this is closer to what’s going to happen, minus the touching tickets part. Once people are eating and drinking it’s too far gone.

2 things
1. I have been tracking the positivity rate in NY State and yesterday was the first time the rate went down in about a month. I think we may be peaking in NYState. ( This has no relationship to some other states like Fl, Tx, and La). Keep your fingers crossed.
2. A side note the guy with EJ Manuel on Roadtrip mentioned tickets we’re selling well. I thought no way, but this thread confirmed that statement.

With almost 20,000 students returning to campus in the next two weeks, Syracuse has a responsibility to stabilize the university community and guard against any Covid spikes. This will not be an easy task. Students come from all fours corners of the US and close to 4,000 come to Syracuse from international origins.

Stabilizing the campus will go along way to stabilizing the greater Syracuse community and CNY.

This is not a political post. I have two kids who are current students at SU, and I have season tickets for football (a little skin in the game). My desire for my kids to be able to attend class in person and enjoy as much of the college experience as possible far outweighs my need to attend a football game in person.

Go Orange.

Yeah, I just wanted to point out the distinction. I know there’s the middle of the Venn diagram of course.

I don’t want to wear a mask but I do when it’s required. Not a big deal. As far as being vaxxed and spreading, I don’t have a ton of sympathy for adult anti-vaxxers. It’s their choice, but they also know the risks.
I don’t have sympathy either but a lot of those anti-vaxxers have kids who aren’t getting vaccinated or wearing masks because of their parents and that is obviously not their fault. Some of those kids are filling up pediatric ICUs right now. It’s just terrible

Yeah, I've heard similar and the two Phish concerts this past week were likely even worse. The concerts and HersheyPark are just scary areas at this point because rules aren't being followed (to your point). I hope you stay well. I'm vaccinated and follow our medical office protocols to the letter and I do very little else to put myself at risk and I still contracted COVID at the very end of July. It's a true occupational hazard and I understand that, but I was still surprised and a little angry. Luckily, as reported with most similar circumstances, I did not need to go to the ER, or have anything worse occur. I felt very bad for several days, and I still feel fatigued (a LOT), and my sense of smell has yet to fully return, otherwise I'd consider it a glancing blow. Scary to think how much worse it could have been. Stay safe!

Sorry...I don't think this adds much to the "Dome COVID protocol" discussion, but I wanted to share...especially as we are close to being neighbors.

With almost 20,000 students returning to campus in the next two weeks, Syracuse has a responsibility to stabilize the university community and guard against any Covid spikes. This will not be an easy task. Students come from all fours corners of the US and close to 4,000 come to Syracuse from international origins.

Stabilizing the campus will go along way to stabilizing the greater Syracuse community and CNY.

This is not a political post. I have two kids who are current students at SU, and I have season tickets for football (a little skin in the game). My desire for my kids to be able to attend class in person and enjoy as much of the college experience as possible far outweighs my need to attend a football game in person.

Go Orange.
Agree , nowhere does my post contradict yours. Certainly a low positivity rate is a sign of closing down community spread.

Gomna probably call and ask for my season tickets to get refunded. No way I am spending 4 hours inside the dome wearing a mask. And asking my wife and daughter to do the same.

Will watch on TV if at all.

My apathy for this team and university is at an all time high.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Me and my 2 kids are vaxxed. We are coming from NJ. I will bring proof of vax. I will not wear a mask outside the Dome. I will wear a mask for the game inside. The idea of sitting shoulder to shoulder with strangers indoors unmasked right now seems not ideal. I mean I have like 10 syracuse masks so should be fine. Thank freaking God for the AC

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Straight from the Buzz Shaw Fan Relations Team, their motto is "Striving to get more fans in the stands...then have them never come back."

Previous motto was "Get a Life!"

You'll be back, soon you'll see
You'll remember you belong to me
You'll be back, time will tell
You'll remember that we served you well
Oceans rise, empires fall
We have seen each other through it all
And when push comes to shove
We will send a fully loaded Dome Dog to remind you of our love!

You'll be back, soon you'll see
You'll remember you belong to me
You'll be back, time will tell
You'll remember that we served you well
Oceans rise, empires fall
We have seen each other through it all
And when push comes to shove
We will send a fully loaded Dome Dog to remind you of our love!
Can’t wait for The Dome Musical.

Not sure if it belongs here or if this will get merged but I called the director of ticket sales (the new ticket staff members seemed to be unsure) and he confirmed 2 things for me I was uncretain on.

1. A picture (if legible) of the vaccination card from out of state will be acceptable with photo ID. The proof of vaccine needs to identify date, name and shot

2. Children 1-4 will not need to have a negative covid test before the game As they are excluded. So if you are vaccinated with children aged 4 or under, you are all set for not needing a negative test.

I didn’t ask about masks because I figure it will change but he did confirm we are already past 2017 and 2018 season ticket sales numbers with 3 weeks to go (he thought we would probably get close to 2019 numbers post 10 win season.). So it looks like the fan base is still engaged 1 way or another (god we better beat the snot out of Ohio & Buttgers)
Eric is a great guy and a home run hire. Was tough losing Connor but Eric is at a different level altogether.

I think this is closer to what’s going to happen, minus the touching tickets part. Once people are eating and drinking it’s too far gone.

I think a lot will depend on the Ushers in certain sections. There are likely to be some who will try and be Dr. Fauci and others who will just kind of go through the motions and probably a third that will be loathed to do any sort of enforcement. As others have noted with eating and drinking its almost impossible to enforce. If some guy buys a beer and just sips on it for an hour + or grabs a nachos grande and eats a chip every 5 minutes what exactly is an usher going to do?

Probably won't matter but IIRC Pete Sala said the air gets filtered and turns over pretty frequently. Though with 40k+ it's probably a moot point.

I think a lot will depend on the Ushers in certain sections. There are likely to be some who will try and be Dr. Fauci and others who will just kind of go through the motions and probably a third that will be loathed to do any sort of enforcement. As others have noted with eating and drinking its almost impossible to enforce. If some guy buys a beer and just sips on it for an hour + or grabs a nachos grande and eats a chip every 5 minutes what exactly is an usher going to do?
ID LIKE TO SEE HIM TRY

I was at the Falcons pre-season game on Friday. First time in Mercedes-Benz stadium for football (usually watch games on TV, but do hit a few United games each season), and the first time that I've been there with the roof open.

Masks upon entry and into our lounge area. Masks off while seated and eating/drinking. Masks on to get to your seat, then masks off. Only 10% of the seats were occupied which made it feel OK. I'll be back there in 2 weeks for United game and the place will be packed.

In short, if you're afraid of getting COVID (or have COVID) just stay home. If you're vaccinated and willing to accept the risk then return to enjoying life while still looking out for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.