Dome Covid Protocols? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Covid Protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the Falcons pre-season game on Friday. First time in Mercedes-Benz stadium for football (usually watch games on TV, but do hit a few United games each season), and the first time that I've been there with the roof open.

Masks upon entry and into our lounge area. Masks off while seated and eating/drinking. Masks on to get to your seat, then masks off. Only 10% of the seats were occupied which made it feel OK. I'll be back there in 2 weeks for United game and the place will be packed.

In short, if you're afraid of getting COVID (or have COVID) just stay home. If you're vaccinated and willing to accept the risk then return to enjoying life while still looking out for yourself.
still the issue is that in GA more like 60% of the people at the game dont have a shot and wont wear masks even if they are supposed too? so now you are hanging around people for 3-4 hrs.

Gomna probably call and ask for my season tickets to get refunded. No way I am spending 4 hours inside the dome wearing a mask. And asking my wife and daughter to do the same.

Will watch on TV if at all.

My apathy for this team and university is at an all time high.
no guarantees it will be all season could just be 1 or 2 games once the campuses get down its level

I live in Tampa - went to a preseason Bucs game this weekend. I'm vaccinated but still wore a mask at times because 30K+ people were all over the place, most without one. I know it's unlikely I would get covid but I know very well at Tampa General Hospital, 20% of those currently hospitalized due to covid are people who were vaccinated (my sister-in-law is a doctor there).

You just can't convince me these kinds of events aren't super spreaders when we have so many people who refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated. Meanwhile, my 10 yr old daughter has to go to school with kids, many of which aren't wearing masks because their parent(s) opted out of the recommendation to wear one during school.

am i correct that most of the breakthru cases are on j& J or pfizer vax or those who had less response to the shot because of underlying condidtions?

cant wear a mask for 3-4 hrs but all the people working will probably be doing so. and people forget its not just you most of the time.. its you circle you go to the game with and probably many that your ride in cars with all the time.. any of you get sick they can pass it back to you in a week,

still the issue is that in GA more like 60% of the people at the game dont have a shot and wont wear masks even if they are supposed too? so now you are hanging around people for 3-4 hrs.
Most people in indoor areas (grocery stores) do wear masks. Games are different.
Again, if you're afraid... don't go.

I suspect that the COVID crisis will last at least another couple of years. I'm OK with attending a couple of games a year.

I live in Tampa - went to a preseason Bucs game this weekend. I'm vaccinated but still wore a mask at times because 30K+ people were all over the place, most without one. I know it's unlikely I would get covid but I know very well at Tampa General Hospital, 20% of those currently hospitalized due to covid are people who were vaccinated (my sister-in-law is a doctor there).

You just can't convince me these kinds of events aren't super spreaders when we have so many people who refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated. Meanwhile, my 10 yr old daughter has to go to school with kids, many of which aren't wearing masks because their parent(s) opted out of the recommendation to wear one during school.
Have not heard the 20% # or anything close to it. Interesting, I suppose part of that is the extremely high numbers Florida has as well as an aged population.

Me and my 2 kids are vaxxed. We are coming from NJ. I will bring proof of vax. I will not wear a mask outside the Dome. I will wear a mask for the game inside. The idea of sitting shoulder to shoulder with strangers indoors unmasked right now seems not ideal. I mean I have like 10 syracuse masks so should be fine. Thank freaking God for the AC
Are you going to eat and drink with that mask on since it is "not ideal". Sounds like you will be pretty thirsty by the end of the game. ;)

All through this thread I've been getting ads saying "Pre-planning made easy" for Woodlawn Cemetery lots." I don't know if everybody gets the same ads but that seems like a plant to get us to take Covid seriously.

My understanding is that if you are vaccinated the issue is that you could still spread Covid even though you are unlikely to suffer from it yourself. The purpose of the mask is to protect others from you, not to protect you from them.

I suspect we will need a mask to enter the building and wander around it but once you get to your seat you can probably take it off unless somebody requests that you put it back on. If you are comfortable wearing it for long periods, leave it on.

(All this assumes that the new ticketing procedure isn't a fiasco and we can all get into the building.)

All through this thread I've been getting ads saying "Pre-planning made easy" for Woodlawn Cemetery lots." I don't know if everybody gets the same ads but that seems like a plant to get us to take Covid seriously.

My understanding is that if you are vaccinated the issue is that you could still spread Covid even though you are unlikely to suffer from it yourself. The purpose of the mask is to protect others from you, not to protect you from them.

I suspect we will need a mask to enter the building and wander around it but once you get to your seat you can probably take it off unless somebody requests that you put it back on. If you are comfortable wearing it for long periods, leave it on.

(All this assumes that the new ticketing procedure isn't a fiasco and we can all get into the building.)

The ads are independent depending on your browser search history, what demographic you’re in, age etc

For example I get a lot of Dunkin Donuts ads, lawn mowers and then other random clothing companies

The ads are independent depending on your browser search history, what demographic you’re in, age etc

For example I get a lot of Dunkin Donuts ads, lawn mowers and then other random clothing companies

We'll I don't recall worrying about where I'll be planted someday. But maybe I will when we're shoulder-to-shoulder at the Dome!

am i correct that most of the breakthru cases are on j& J or pfizer vax or those who had less response to the shot because of underlying condidtions?

would love to hear responses to this. The news mostly reports on pfizer/moderna breakthrough. Crickets on J&J. No reports/data at all on underlying conditions and the makeup of the new hospitalizations and no reports/data at all on people who've already had covid and presumably have antibodies.

I'm vaxed and would be more worried about a Dome game than an open air stadium.

not most. But Moderna has been the most successful in preventing breakthrough then Pfizer then J&J. But the differences aren’t huge for the data they do have. It’s state reported numbers and few states report them right now.

So the Chick-Fil-A was open?
I suspect so, it can’t confirm.
I attended with a friend who has a very fancy ticket package (separate parking deck & entrance) we went straight into the field-level lounge and then to our 50 yard line seats. I did not travel the concourses at all. Will do so in 2 weeks and report back. ;)

I think a lot will depend on the Ushers in certain sections. There are likely to be some who will try and be Dr. Fauci and others who will just kind of go through the motions and probably a third that will be loathed to do any sort of enforcement. As others have noted with eating and drinking its almost impossible to enforce. If some guy buys a beer and just sips on it for an hour + or grabs a nachos grande and eats a chip every 5 minutes what exactly is an usher going to do?

Does anybody really have that willpower?

I think my record-slow performance for a nachos grande is 5 minutes for the whole order (with 2x cheese and extra jalapenos, OBV).

God bless our international students who often work the concessions but I foresee lots of communication snafus with masks. Would be nice if they had touch screens to select what you want

Unfriend
why-not-both-why-not.gif

Seriously....Mayo for Turkey, roast beef, deluxe burgers,
Miracle whip for Salami, Bologna, etc.

My wife make her tuna mac salad with both and it's bangin!

Stop the Hate! Cohabitate!

Status
Not open for further replies.