Dome Renovation | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

My fear precisely. I was hoping the Dino hire would be followed up quickly with good news on the Dome. The silence we are getting instead is maddening and concerning. But maybe you guys who are closer to the program (and geographically closer to The Hill don't share this concern?
The NYSDOB doesn't have the budget up yet on its website. If they post it I'll try to find something but not optimistic.

CuseLegacy said:
Someone I know has a meeting this week to discuss future projects on the Hill. Good Luck.:)

Some projects are cast in concrete already. Not sports related though although there could be a connection.

Some projects are cast in concrete already. Not sports related though although there could be a connection.
Vet Center is locked and loaded from what I heard. That was always gonna be A1A on the Chancellors to do list. Hope the dome is somewhere in the next few items.

OK - just took a quick spin through the Budget and could not find anything specific. Now DOB are masters at burying stuff, but that said, nothing jumped out at me. I did find a new budget item specific to private universities. There is $30M allocated for each of the next 5 years for capital projects proposed by private universities. Appears funding will be based on a competitive review of proposals and appears to be structured as a matching grant program with possible use of public authority bonds. Will look more later.

This is slightly off topic but I saw that Cuomo had created a $200 Mil competition for state airports. The money would be divided up into $40 mil over 5 different airports who compete and win a similar competition to the regional development award given out last month. As a semi frequent traveler to Syracuse, I really hope Hancock goes all out for it. They could use a little refurbishment and modernizing.

This is slightly off topic but I saw that Cuomo had created a $200 Mil competition for state airports. The money would be divided up into $40 mil over 5 different airports who compete and win a similar competition to the regional development award given out last month. As a semi frequent traveler to Syracuse, I really hope Hancock goes all out for it. They could use a little refurbishment and modernizing.

I don't fly often, but I do know that the airport just recently underwent a renovation:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....at_hancock_airport_receives_green_rating.html

Just replace the dam roof and let's move on. Fixing the city's infrastructure is more important anyway.

speaking of stadiums I just read that St. Louis is still on the hook for 100 million for the stadium that the Rams are now vacating.

Hancock Airport is a thousand times better than it used to be, mostly because Miner helped setup it's own airport authority and replaced the airport security with a private company saving millions for the airlines. The city police used to be airport security and always did it on overtime pay which was reflected in the price of a ticket.

Hancock used to be an embarrassment, it's much better now and continually improving.

speaking of stadiums I just read that St. Louis is still on the hook for 100 million for the stadium that the Rams are now vacating.
Yes, the good people of St. Louis will be paying for it until 2021.

So in other words, no renovation for a while.

It's amazing that they would float something to coaches to talk about with recruits as well as the public about a renovation coming and just simply not do anything.

Makes everyone that excitedly talked about it to anyone look great.

It's amazing that they would float something to coaches to talk about with recruits as well as the public about a renovation coming and just simply not do anything.

Is this what actually happened, or are you speculating that the coaches were told about major renovations and have been using it for recruiting? It just seems a little far-fetched that the administration would tell the coaches that the pie-in-the-sky renovation plans discussed on the internet were a done deal before the trustees had even met about it and allocated any funding.

Just replace the dam roof and let's move on. Fixing the city's infrastructure is more important anyway.
Replace it with what? A new teflon air-supported roof or a new non-air supported roof?

Stephanie... is that you?

Is this what actually happened, or are you speculating that the coaches were told about major renovations and have been using it for recruiting? It just seems a little far-fetched that the administration would tell the coaches that the pie-in-the-sky renovation plans discussed on the internet were a done deal before the trustees had even met about it and allocated any funding.
Recruits have mentioned in interviews that Shafer's staff talked about plans for the Dome.

IN OTHER WORDS...A new stadium is in play. Some consultants were whispering in the ears up on the hill that the time schedule could be met,while others belted out loud laughs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom