Donovan McNabb interested in Syracuse football radio analyst job | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Donovan McNabb interested in Syracuse football radio analyst job

You know what? He's probably the biggest star of the team from the last generation. Him or maybe Dwight Freeney, but McNabb is a very solid presence on camera, and would add some star power to the program that wasn't from 50 years ago.
Being a big star from 20 years ago doesn't excuse the assault and DUI charges of recent years. And not sure how a radio host adds anything to a football program or brings any star power.

the problem is the "moving on" when he screws up is the part that will go viral, get all the headlines, and will make the headlines. In this day of age of social media that is the only thing people will remember and that is what you have to avoid at all costs. McNabb is toxic and SU has to avoid him
I can respect the position, but, I don't deal in ifs. I'd be willing to look past the old transgressions should he keep his nose clean moving forward.

Being a big star from 20 years ago doesn't excuse the assault and DUI charges of recent years. And not sure how a radio host adds anything to a football program or brings any star power.

I don't always agree with you, but I do on this one. I'm thankful for all that he's done for the program, but with the 2 DUIs and the sexual harassment deal, I'd prefer that Donovan show he can behave and stay out of trouble somewhere else before we take a chance on him.

If Devendorf can be on the hoops staff, McNabb can announce football. We owe our own a chance, albeit with a zero tolerance “short leash”.

Devendorf was a trash talker. Never got into an legal issues or accusations that I know of.

Who did he assault?

If Devendorf can be on the hoops staff, McNabb can announce football. We owe our own a chance, albeit with a zero tolerance “short leash”.
I think that analogy would be more accurate if McNabb was not a national name that has screwed up in the national spotlight and was seeking a behind the scenes position, like Devendorf.

If another of our own is iterested and competent, I'd prefer them.

Yes it was...this is the problem with convicting people in social media. You used the wrong word and as far as I know he just has an allegation of s e xual harassment. #MeToo is killing due process.
I might have used the wrong wording on a message board but still doesn't change the fact McNabb was still let go by ESPN for harassing a female from his time at NFL Network. I mean McNabb could have sued the female and tried to win a case and clear his name, but he didn't which tells me all I need to know. Plus the female in question had text messages from McNabb as evidence which is probably why he never pursued clearing his name on this.

I just think if SU wants a former player on it's radio broadcast McNabb shouldn't be at the top of the list right now and I will be really disappointed if they do give him that role. He is a toxic person right now and probably someone SU shouldn't want to be associated with in a public role on air.

if we hired McNabb we could pick up a new sponsor?

Squirt%20Can%20250x250.jpg

I might have used the wrong wording on a message board but still doesn't change the fact McNabb was still let go by ESPN for harassing a female from his time at NFL Network. I mean McNabb could have sued the female and tried to win a case and clear his name, but he didn't which tells me all I need to know. Plus the female in question had text messages from McNabb as evidence which is probably why he never pursued clearing his name on this.

I just think if SU wants a former player on it's radio broadcast McNabb shouldn't be at the top of the list right now and I will be really disappointed if they do give him that role. He is a toxic person right now and probably someone SU shouldn't want to be associated with in a public role on air.
Not suing doesn't prove jack. He still hasn't been brought up on charges. He might be guilty of dwi...but the other thing is an allegation.

If this is about replacing Chris (God I hate this) there is more a role in the AD's office than only calling the games. My guess would be Donovan would be a hit with donors and potential donors.

I think we should have a different board member every week do the job.

We have a Jim Brown statue, and have him back from time to time, and his past isn’t exactly pristine.
Agreed. The reaction to McNabb is weird. He’s done a lot for the University over the years. Loyal Orangeman. If he’s good at the job, it’s a great hire.

Not suing doesn't prove jack. He still hasn't been brought up on charges. He might be guilty of dwi...but the other thing is an allegation.

All due respect, my friend. What difference does it make if he wasn't brought up on charges? Just because you aren't charged with an illegal act doesn't mean you haven't done something to deserve to be fired. I could go into work tomorrow and hit on all the women. Would it be illegal? Not necessarily. Would I deserve to be fired? Yes