Donovan McNabb interested in Syracuse football radio analyst job | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Donovan McNabb interested in Syracuse football radio analyst job

McNabb is our last great player and 20 years out remains the closest link to football relevance we have.

Dwight Freeney says HI.

Chan Jones also waving at you.

I don't remember, but did Marv commit crimes.
Sexual assault charges
Albert became embroiled in a in 1997. A 42-year-old woman named Vanessa Perhach accused Albert of throwing her on a bed, biting her, and forcing her to perform oral sex after a February 12, 1997 argument in his hotel room. DNA testing linked Albert to genetic material taken from the bite marks and from semen in Perhach's underwear. During the trial, testimony was presented from another woman, Patricia Masden, who told the jury that Albert had bitten her on two different occasions in 1993 and 1994 in Miami and Dallas hotels, which she viewed as unwanted sexual advances. Masden claimed that in Dallas, Albert called her to his hotel room to help him send a fax, only for her to find him wearing "white panties and garter belt". Albert maintained that Perhach had requested that he bite her and denied her accusation that he'd asked her to bring another man into their sexual affair. He described the recorded conversation of hers with the police on the night of the incident as "an Academy Award performance". After tests proved that the bite marks were his, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery charges, while the sodomy charge was dropped. Albert was given a 12-month suspended sentence. Pretty damning.
As far as Donovan McNabb, I believe he has to work on resolving what sounds like an alcohol addiction before anyone would consider him for an announcing position. I love the guy's football history but it would be too much of a gamble for Wildhack to take a chance on him now even with second chances taken into account. Too bad, maybe it happens maybe not. How is he on the BOT with his record hanging over him? Probably the $5.5 mil donation? A complete admittance of his alcoholic past and a statement of what he's doing about it as has been mentioned would go a long way to helping him achieve his goal of announcing at SU. I don't think he has to give up his house in Arizona to broadcast in N.Y. He's earned that retreat for he and his family.

s e xual assault charges
. Masden claimed that in Dallas, Albert called her to his hotel room to help him send a fax, only for her to find him wearing "white orange panties and garter belt".

FTFY.

McNabb could work if they hooked him up with Daniel Baldwin, who has done some pre-and post- game shows. Daniel has rescued a lot of people from bad habits.

I've listened to Whigham do high school games and regular interviews on the radio and i think he would be a very interesting choice. I've watched Terry an that cable post-game show and he's good, too. Conley shared the mike with Chris on some post game shows and it was sometimes hard to tell them apart. All those guys would be good.

I agree that it would be a shame to lose Matt Park over one incident that hasn't been repeated. If it happens again, he's got to take time off to deal with the problem or be canned. But not at this point.

Last edited:
Matt Park is a fixture... But as a Football announcer he isn't very good... half the time have no idea what happened...

We have had many discussions about this on the board -- he is awful and makes the game impossible to listen to. If he is reading, please throw in a down and distance once in a while.

McNabb could work if they hooked him up with Daniel Baldwin, who has done some pre-and post- game shows. Daniel has rescued a lot of people from bad habits.

I've listened to Whigham do high school games and regular interviews on the radio and i think he would be a very interesting choice. I've watched Terry an that cable post-game show and he's good, too. Conley shared the mike with Chris on some post game show and it was sometimes ahrd to tell them apart. All those guys would be good.

I agree that it would be a shame to lose Matt Park over one incident that hasn't been repeated. If it happens again, he's got to take time off to deal with the problem or be canned. But not at this point.

Conley and Gedney did sound very much alike on the radio.

Conley was surprisingly good in my opinion.