Donovan McNabb interested in Syracuse football radio analyst job | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Donovan McNabb interested in Syracuse football radio analyst job

Sure Donovan, you're welcome on the BOT. And thank you so much for the $5.5M for the locker room and weight room. Oh you're having some troubles and would like to return home for a bit and be part of the program? Sorry, spots filled, but best of luck.

Egg would NOT be on the face of a University, extending a hand to a once proud alum, who's trying to restore their image. IF/SHOULD he slip again.

Yes it was...this is the problem with convicting people in social media. You used the wrong word and as far as I know he just has an allegation of s e xual harassment. #MeToo is killing due process.
Agree. Once something is put on the internet, it's there forever. Writing "s e xual assault" could be considered libel res ipsa loquitur.

You know, people get DUIs who aren't even remotely drunk. It only takes 2 or 3 beers to be over .08. How many of you here would consider your self truly drunk after 2 or 3 beers? I think people can be a little too judgmental. There's a huge difference between getting an .08 and blowing .20 or something in that range. That's when people are an actual danger on the road. In our "good intentions", we have criminalized a lot of socially acceptable behavior, and getting busted is the luck of the draw sometimes.
If you're getting pulled over at .08, it's not because your tail light is broken. At .08 you're at least feeling a buzz. It's not that hard to eat something or wait a bit before getting behind the wheel.

Don't be an ass, Scooch. What, did someone throw a beer on you once when you were in costume?

Second time he got a DUI he blew a 0.17. And he hit a car at a red light.

Like I said, SU should do what it wants and I'm fine with whatever that might be.

Let's just stop with the nonsense. Guy was drunk and he hit a car. I hope he isn't doing that anymore.

Second time he got a DUI he blew a 0.17. And he hit a car at a red light.

Like I said, SU should do what it wants and I'm fine with whatever that might be.

Let's just stop with the nonsense. Guy was drunk and he hit a car. I hope he isn't doing that anymore.

Hey, that's fine. The only nonsense was from you. I didn't say I hope a drunk guy hits your family.

Hey, that's fine. The only nonsense was from you. I didn't say I hope a drunk guy hits your family.

The nonsense was playing the "maybe he wasn't really drunk" game. Guy was 2X the limit and hit a car. I took exception to you trivializing that.

I sincerely hope McNabb has cleaned himself up.

If this is about replacing Chris (God I hate this) there is more a role in the AD's office than only calling the games. My guess would be Donovan would be a hit with donors and potential donors.

This is the key. I mean, who really cares who the radio analyst is? If I'm stuck listening in my car, I'll survive bad analysis.

Does Donovan still have the juice and credibility to bring in donation $ with the 2 DUIs (agree with those saying the 2nd one is a real problem) and the NFL Network issue that turned into an ESPN termination.

I'm all for giving a 2nd (3rd? 4th?) chance to a guy who brought so much to this school, and also gave back. But I'm guessing he isn't going to work for minimum wage, so they better be sure it ends up being a net positive.

Wildhack will do the right thing, whatever that is. I have total faith in his decision.

You can’t hire him right now in the climate we are in. Proven or not. If it’s proven you can never hire him. If it’s not, wait a year and test the waters. Can’t do it right now. And this from a guy who loves Donovan McNabb and will always be eternally grateful my 4 years mirrored his

I think he did some post game work.

And I thought he was really good.

He's a very nice guy, with lots of enthusiasm. I spent an afternoon with him at a friend's backyard BBQ last summer. I think McNabb (or several others) would do a better job as the team's color analyst. But Dan is a terrific guy who bleeds Orange. No question about that. Very humble, too.

He's a very nice guy, with lots of enthusiasm. I spent an afternoon with him at a friend's backyard BBQ last summer. I think McNabb (or several others) would do a better job as the team's color analyst. But Dan is a terrific guy who bleeds Orange. No question about that. Very humble, too.

I'm just going by his post-game radio work and TV work.

I think he is very good.

I think he'd be better than McNabb who in my opinion is not a particularly talented broadcaster.

Plus, Dan knows the Program and the community - Don does not.

So, Matt Park! If you are reading! Make it happen! Bring Dan Conley back to where he should be!!!

Yes it was...this is the problem with convicting people in social media. You used the wrong word and as far as I know he just has an allegation of s e xual harassment. #MeToo is killing due process.

I completely agree with your point, and I also am concerned about people being judged guilty on social media. To be fair, though, #MeToo was partly a result of women not receiving due process for their allegations.

One of my all time favorite Orange.

DC's a good friend, and for a number of reasons I think he'd be great in that role. I do not see it happening though.

Hire McNabb...with the understanding he has to continue his recovery.

Too much at stake for a guy that has failed too many times. The accusations aren't small either.

No way do I want him as the analyst.

Mark, how is it killing due process? Prior to the movement, powerful predatory men acted with immunity. Now people are being held accountable. No system/movement is perfect, but it’s been a huge net-positive for society and women in particular.

I personally would hire McNabb. His mistakes are well documented, but I think he’s still a good yet flawed person. I think he cares enough about SU to understand that he’s on a zero tolerance policy for any more alcohol or harassment-related transgressions. And if he makes another mistake and gets canned... it will be on ESPN for a day or two and then be out of the news cycle quickly enough. I don’t see much of a downside.

I don't remember, but did Marv commit crimes.

Yes - Marv pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery for "bite-gate"

Maybe this is what Donny needs to get his life back in gear. We all make mistakes and for most of us it isn't blasted on the news for all to see. I'd welcome him back with open arms if I were SU and let him know the foolishness stops now. Put it in his hands and hopefully he has been getting help with this cuz it ain't going to work unless he does something about it.

Maybe this is what Donny needs to get his life back in gear. We all make mistakes and for most of us it isn't blasted on the news for all to see. I'd welcome him back with open arms if I were SU and let him know the foolishness stops now. Put it in his hands and hopefully he has been getting help with this cuz it ain't going to work unless he does something about it.

I'll be on board with that in a year or so. It would be a PR nightmare to do that now.

No organization would say anything if SUAD hired McNabb.
However right now no other organization except maybe BEin TV would hire him now.

Again the DUIs he needs to own and severely apologize for.
The NFLN lady is a matter he has to settle with her.

If SU doesn’t want him I wouldn’t object but if he wants the job I would hope he gets serious consideration.

McNabb is our last great player and 20 years out remains the closest link to football relevance we have. I think his stature would improve broadcasts. He is a good guy. There's always a vocal minority of perfect people on internet forums but in reality most of us have made mistakes. I want him around the program. We really aren't sending many guys to the NFL these days I think we want any/everyone that has had major success at the next level front and center. We're not Wake Forest only 3 schools have more players in Canton than us.

Honestly I'd be pushing hard to see if he was interested in moving back to Syracuse full time and doing both football and basketball given that he was a 2 sport star and played on a Final Four team. Never know he might be sick of wherever he is living and open to relocating back to Cuse where he has more friends etc etc.