Don't call time out | Syracusefan.com

Don't call time out

in a tie game when you have possession and the last shot

Just don't

Please

It was odd amd I said so right away. Shocked JB did that.

The only thing is that Louisville was back on defense. It wasn't an unsettled situation.

It was odd amd I said so right away. Shocked JB did that.

The only thing is that Louisville was back on defense. It wasn't an unsettled situation.
I thought it was Louisville who called time.

I said at the time I would have preferred to keep going and not take a timeout. But on the other hand, the way we handled the end of the first half with the bad alley-oop with 5 seconds left didn't exactly scream "We got this under control Coach"

I said at the time I would have preferred to keep going and not take a timeout. But on the other hand, the way we handled the end of the first half with the bad alley-oop with 5 seconds left didn't exactly scream "We got this under control Coach"

Which was about the 4th end of half situation like that. Still can't believe Gillon started the final play as soon as he did. Needed to wait about second and a half.

Agreed...was very surprised with the time out. I like unsettled situations ...get it and go...just improvise baby.

Now that would've certainly been really interesting, considering they did not have possession. ;)
Michael Stevens has called a Ville time out. Jb is upset but Stevens said the meant to call it when they had the ball so it is a okay.

How? We controlled the ball and got past half court with it.
Yup. My bad. I was confusing it when Louisville called TO after Gillon's turnover. I knew they had one before the end of regulation.

The TO was a mistake by JB - I thought we were going to get away with it when Louisville just let us get it in but I think Pitino knew that Gillon was going to attack the rim and I think Pitino liked his bigs thwarting that. .

TO gained us nothing - prior to the TO we had Gillon with the ball in the middle of the floor, after the TO the set up was the same but all of Louisville D was set.

Yup. My bad. I was confusing it when Louisville called TO after Gillon's turnover. I knew they had one before the end of regulation.
no big deal...really.

But I feel the same way Newhouser did,Pitino knew what we were going to do.

NC State: No time out, Gillon hits improbable three
Clemson: Time out, Battle hits game winning three

If you call time out and it works: genius. If you let the boys play it out and it works: genius.

If you don't call time out or do call time out and it doesn't work: this thread.

Last edited:
It had no bearing on anything. Louisville's defense was back and settled. They weren't scrambling.

Our execution out of the timeout was bad. I don't blame the timeout in that situation though. Especially when we don't exactly have a Sherman Douglas, Pearl, GMac, etc. that you can really trust with the ball in their hands out there.

NC State: No time out, Gillon hits improbable three
Clemson: Time out, Battle hits game winning three

If you call time out and it works: genius. If you let the boys play it out and it works: genius.

If you don't call time out or do call time out and it doesn't work: this thread.

best post I've seen in a long long time.

This concept goes for all of life. Especially politics too.

It had no bearing on anything. Louisville's defense was back and settled. They weren't scrambling.

Just because they werent scrambling, doesnt mean much. We got the ball with 16 seconds left. We werent going to take a fast break points so their defense was going to be set.

The argument for a TO or not a TO was strictly so Pitino couldnt talk to them about different options.

Our execution out of the timeout was bad. I don't blame the timeout in that situation though. Especially when we don't exactly have a Sherman Douglas, Pearl, GMac, etc. that you can really trust with the ball in their hands out there.

Yeah, against a team like Syracuse I may call a timeout because we run that zone and you can run very specific plays on the end line against us. Lob!!

Against UL, or a UVA, I don't want them to have the timeout to tinker unless we thought we found something we could definitely exploit. Obviously, we hadn't. Without the TO, I think the defense is less aware of the clock, more likely to overpursue the ball, TO just let's Pitino reset, and check their heads, etc...

Yeah, against a team like Syracuse I may call a timeout because we run that zone and you can run very specific plays on the end line against us. Lob!!

Against UL, or a UVA, I don't want them to have the timeout to tinker unless we thought we found something we could definitely exploit. Obviously, we hadn't. Without the TO, I think the defense is less aware of the clock, more likely to overpursue the ball, TO just let's Pitino reset, and check their heads, etc...

I'm focusing on us...I don't trust our guys to make the right play. And I'm just a fan. Gillon has been spectacular at times, but does some just insane stuff with the ball too. We saw what White did in OT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom