Don't fret: ACC Network is Moving Forward..and other plans | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Don't fret: ACC Network is Moving Forward..and other plans

Name calling, nice. Extremely mature approach.
Well, before we get into a pi$$ing match, let's first confirm whether or not your name is Francis...

I always figure Kaiser would play John Winger in the SyracuseFan.com production of Stripes...

220px-Stripesposter.jpg

I stand corrected kind sir...it was only BB and Swim and Dive that were held in Tourney Town NC. ;)

I wish 'Cuse had a baseball team. You've been successful in whatever sports you've participated in, and, I believe you could build a very good program. You would enjoy the regular season, and, coming down for the tournament. Its a lot of fun, and, I think you'd like both of those ballparks. Especially the DBAP. The UNC-NCSU ACCBT games from the past two seasons set ACC and state of NC attendance records for college baseball. The 2012 game in Greensboro drew 10,229. This year's game drew 11,392. Both games went down to the wire. This year's UNC-VPI ACCBT title game drew 8,697. That was a title game record.

We have a great league here, and, hopefully, you all will have a team in the future, so you can be a part of it, too.

I wish 'Cuse had a baseball team.
It's on the list. Right behind men's ice hockey, as well as the return of wrestling and swimming & diving.
Title IX will make for some tough decisions once Syracuse is established in the ACC.

It's on the list. Right behind men's ice hockey, as well as the return of wrestling and swimming & diving.
Title IX will make for some tough decisions once Syracuse is established in the ACC.
I would have to think S&D is well down the list, as SU would need to find/build a new natatorium. Let's get the IPF built first. Hockey would be cool, but expensive. I would like to see wrestling return - I remember going to meets and watching Gene Mills and Mike Rotunda wrestle.

I would have to think S&D is well down the list, as SU would need to find/build a new natatorium. Let's get the IPF built first. Hockey would be cool, but expensive. I would like to see wrestling return - I remember going to meets and watching Gene Mills and Mike Rotunda wrestle.
S&D alums are likely still working on it. Add in some ACC cash in a few years and it could happen. What S&D has that the others don't is that it is M&W. Hockey ($$$) and baseball would need to be countered with a large number of women's scholarships somewhere.

Now, with the increase in AD revenues from the ACC, adding some new teams is at least doable.

S&D alums are likely still working on it. Add in some ACC cash in a few years and it could happen. What S&D has that the others don't is that it is M&W. Hockey ($$$) and baseball would need to be countered with a large number of women's scholarships somewhere.

Does SU have softball and field hockey?

I wish 'Cuse had a baseball team. You've been successful in whatever sports you've participated in, and, I believe you could build a very good program. You would enjoy the regular season, and, coming down for the tournament. Its a lot of fun, and, I think you'd like both of those ballparks. Especially the DBAP. The UNC-NCSU ACCBT games from the past two seasons set ACC and state of NC attendance records for college baseball. The 2012 game in Greensboro drew 10,229. This year's game drew 11,392. Both games went down to the wire. This year's UNC-VPI ACCBT title game drew 8,697. That was a title game record.

We have a great league here, and, hopefully, you all will have a team in the future, so you can be a part of it, too.
I wish for a baseball team as well. Just turned on the NCAA game on espn and it makes me want it more.

If love hockey too though

Yes. Quite good FH, in fact. Lost in the FF this year to, umm, UNC.

I did not realise that. In your opinion, concerning adding new programs, what are the university's priorities?

I wish for a baseball team as well. Just turned on the NCAA game on espn and it makes me want it more.

If love hockey too though

Yeah, it was a great game. NC-SC is an old rivalry, and, that makes this weekend even more special. Win or lose. When we added Florida State back in the early '90s, I wish we could've added USC, too.

I did not realise that. In your opinion, concerning adding new programs, what are the university's priorities?
I really have no clue, but based on what has been spoken about on this board, and talking to folks who should know things, I would guess wrestling and men's hockey would be right up there. Not that I'm an insider or anything, but I haven't heard a peep about baseball. The ACC could change that, however.

Any other folks heard anything (other than the S&D chatter Moontan reported)?

Well it is time to revisit and to confirm that the ACC Network is moving forward...perhaps not at the speed of light we would like..but certainly in a reasonable time-frame. And for all of you with doubts concerning implications of the GOR being tied to the ACC Network--NO IT WAS NOT. The GOR for all purposes is in effect; and its duration has nothing to do with the ACC Network coming to fruition.

Additionally, as indicated in the CBS article below, the ACC is most likely putting up some of the money out of its coffers to help defray the cost of content that Raycom/Fox has (this is one of the issues discussed with ESPN at Spring Meetings). It will not be on the cheap. But the buyout will be made/ or positive compromise worked out with production etc. (indicated that this negotiation is moving along).

Even though this article has some pros and cons to the ACC Network, I am being assured it is moving forward (more later).

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...3/acc-network-still-in-early-stageswhats-next

It also appears that at minimum one present and/or new member of the ACC will be placing a LAX team into the conference ranks shortly. This is one reason why the ACC was not overly active in bringing in JHU LAX. As explored in the JHU Conundrum thread, I believed that going after JHU LAX was a means to provide a temporary stop to B1G further entering the middle of the ACC...but it has been indicated that the team(s) to bring LAX will cover the conference for auto tournament bid--as if the LAX teams need an auto due to strength the five teams already have...as well as surround the area that Maryland leaves (why hasn't Maryland officially withdrawn from the ACC yet?).

Yeah, it was a great game. NC-SC is an old rivalry, and, that makes this weekend even more special. Win or lose. When we added Florida State back in the early '90s, I wish we could've added USC, too.
it beats the old big east deal

I really have no clue, but based on what has been spoken about on this board, and talking to folks who should know things, I would guess wrestling and men's hockey would be right up there. Not that I'm an insider or anything, but I haven't heard a peep about baseball. The ACC could change that, however.

Any other folks heard anything (other than the S&D chatter Moontan reported)?

Both would be great first choices. Hopefully, you'll get a baseball team down the line, and, get to enjoy it as a part of this league.

it beats the old big east deal

I'm simply glad SU gets to be a part of the ACC now. I wish you could have joined in 2004, but, like they say, better late than never.

I don't get why people favor adding additional non revenue sport to waste all the new cash? How about running a surplus? You know you have more money than bills... But hey New York State is full of progressives that love to run deficits... Because the dome will never need a new roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does SU have softball and field hockey?
Both... a bit of a down year for softball this year. They won BE titles in 2010 & 2011, and made the NCAA tournament the 3 previous years.. The team has played it's opening home games in the Dome during the past two seasons.

As you've heard, field hockey had a great season.

BCU has ski and golf teams that SU doesn't have. No great local skiing (better than UNC, though :) ). I'm not sure if golf fits too well either.

Both... a bit of a down year for softball this year. They won BE titles in 2010 & 2011, and made the NCAA tournament the 3 previous years.. The team has played it's opening home games in the Dome during the past two seasons.

As you've heard, field hockey had a great season.

BCU has ski and golf teams that SU doesn't have. No great local skiing (better than UNC, though :) ). I'm not sure if golf fits too well either.
Didn't JB coach men's golf way back when or am I dreaming?

Didn't JB coach men's golf way back when or am I dreaming?
Yes he did...I could see SU adding Women's Golf as an easy Title IX add...SU owns Drumlins GC and it is a relatively cheap sport to sponsor. Another cheap sport to add is bowling.

Yes he did...I could see SU adding Women's Golf as an easy Title IX add...SU owns Drumlins GC and it is a relatively cheap sport to sponsor. Another cheap sport to add is bowling.
What about ultimate Frisbee? Does that count? Gotta be cheap.

I have heard rumors of golf being added after joining the ACC for both men and women.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2