Don't Overreact... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Don't Overreact...

I'm on the fence with supporting either side of the argument. However, you said 6 months ago. There's no mention yet that FSU played the whole game with their TRUE FRESHMAN BACKUP QUARTERBACK.
And we played w/ an injured QB. Fair point, but injuries happen as part of the game.

I don't think that anyone seriously expected us to go the distance w/ FSU before the season started.

To the complainers. Before you can win the majority of these close games against good teams, you have to lose them. There used to be a time not so long ago that all these games vs the Clemson, Miami, LSU, FSU type teams would be 40 point losses.

Some of you want to skip the middle steps in the process of building a very good program. We’re not going from bad to great just because you want to. Suck it up and deal with these oh so close games. You’re looking at it in a micro sense instead of macro.

Totally agree. Two things have stood out to me:

1) Babers has been very aggressive in play calling. It's who he is and who we are now as a program. The more the players get used to this, the more success we'll have. You can't do this a la carte. It's who we are as a team.

2) has everyone forgotten how brutal this schedule has been?

People are worried about scraping to six wins. We are building a program that has gone between terrible and mediocre (while being in the big east for a good chunk of that time) since 2001.

Our defense has improved by leaps and bounds since the beginning of the year.

Our best RB is also our QB and he's playing hurt. Our RB situation is grim.

We have potentially two NFL players on D (Slayton and Robinson). That's it.

And, again, we are playing an insane schedule and we still have a shot at making a bowl in year two of Babers' tenure.

And, it seems like our admin, AD and HC are finally on the same page.

no love for parris bennett ?

OITNF does not only mean Orange is the new fast...it also means Orange is the new FUN.
I have not enjoyed football this much in years. Yesterday, I was devastated. I was devastated for a reason, and that reason is that football is relevant again, and now that loss really hurt. But did I enjoy watching that game? You bet. Is there one game (other than that one we shall not mention) that I have not enjoyed? There is not one game we have not been in it.
Let's just say I am thoroughly entertained by our football team this season, and if I were in Syracuse I would be at the dome for every single game.

no love for parris bennett ?

I love Parris Bennett. I think he's a fantastic college linebacker. I just don't see him making it in the NFL. Hope I'm wrong.

Totally agree. Two things have stood out to me:

1) Babers has been very aggressive in play calling. It's who he is and who we are now as a program. The more the players get used to this, the more success we'll have. You can't do this a la carte. It's who we are as a team.

2) has everyone forgotten how brutal this schedule has been?

People are worried about scraping to six wins. We are building a program that has gone between terrible and mediocre (while being in the big east for a good chunk of that time) since 2001.

Our defense has improved by leaps and bounds since the beginning of the year.

Our best RB is also our QB and he's playing hurt. Our RB situation is grim.

And, again, we are playing an insane schedule and we still have a shot at making a bowl in year two of Babers' tenure.

And, it seems like our admin, AD and HC are finally on the same page.
I too think we are obviously making progress, but I'm not sure we were consistently aggressive yesterday. ED injury may have caused that but play calling and other decisions don't match pedal to floor aggression Dino preaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom