Draft Lottery | Syracusefan.com

Draft Lottery

Cleveland has gotten 4 top 4 picks since Lebron left(Irving, Thompson, Waiters, Bennett) that is crazy and they still suck and they are getting a 5th one as they moved up to the top 1 overall.

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 1m
Odds of the Cavaliers winning 2011, 2013, and 2014 lotteries: 13,467-to-1.

The Cavs get it again. I wish the NBA would end the lottery system. Just pick in order of finish like the NFL does.

The 76ers picking 3rd and 10th is cool. They can be a real contender in the East very quickly.

76ers down the road will be great with MCW, Noel and the 3rd and 10th pick this year

NBA wants LeBron to go back to Cleveland.
Draft Wiggins.
Trade Kyrie for Love.
Sign LeBron.

PG
Waiters
Wiggins
LeBron
Love

Draft Embiid. Keep Kyrie. Trade Dion and Bennett. Kyrie/Lebron/Embiid would be a very good core.

I wish the teams in the conference finals got the last 4 picks, and everyone else goes straight equal odds lotto for every pick.

Maybe if Silver forced Dan Gilbert to sell the Cavs Lebron would re-consider Cleveland. However, if I was LBJ I would never work for that nutjob after the letter he wrote the night Lebron James as a FREE AGENT decided to leave Cleveland for Miami. Now I don't like Lebron James as I consider him a pampered athlete who isn't Michael Jordan or even Kobe Bryant in terms of competitiveness, but he earned the right to leave Cleveland when he did in 2010. The Decision was a stupid way to announce where he would sign as a FA, but Gilbert's insane letter afterwards was just nuts.

I think Cleveland is going to take Embiid or trade one of DW/Irving and take Wiggins.

Philly at #3 should be able to land Jabari. And then at 10 could possibly get Aaron Gordon or James Young. Lot of possible young talent. Hope they make it work. Could be a fun team in a wide open East (outside of Miami/Indiana).

Look, Lebron James isn't going back to Cleveland unless its a final season farewell tour kind of thing. He's just not.

If he goes somewhere, it's going to be because he believes they have a better chance to win. Three #1s in 4 years sa US you're managed badly but incredibly lucky. That's not a winning combination.

NBA wants LeBron to go back to Cleveland.
Draft Wiggins.
Trade Kyrie for Love.
Sign LeBron.

PG
Waiters
Wiggins
LeBron
Love

I still think Cleveland's owner burnt his bridge by shooting his mouth off. I hope so anyway.

I'm hoping they draft Embiid to get the big guy and to keep SF open for Lebron...and then Lebron spurns them, Embiid busts, and it completely backfires.

If Gilbert sold the Cavs, the Cavs traded the #1 overall pick and cap filler for Kevin Love then MAYBE Lebron James would consider coming back to Cleveland.

That way you would have a foundation of Irving, Waiters, Lebron, Love, Varajeo with a bench of Thompson, Bennett, Zeller, etc.

Lebron isn't going to play for Dan Gilbert and I doubt Kevin Love will get traded to Cleveland so I don't see it happening.

76ers down the road will be great with MCW, Noel and the 3rd and 10th pick this year

Depends on if they get 3 and 10 right...and how good Noel is. The potential is there. Gotta get the picks right though. A lot of these teams are full of high picks, but still are terrible.

No matter what Cleveland does- Dion and Kyrie are probably not playing another season together. That combination doesn't work and Dion has value as a 2nd unit/4th q scorer.

Philly at #3 should be able to land Jabari. And then at 10 could possibly get Aaron Gordon or James Young. Lot of possible young talent. Hope they make it work. Could be a fun team in a wide open East (outside of Miami/Indiana).

I think getting Parker would be great for MCW. I like Parker a lot, but even aside from that he'd be a great fit with MCW: he is going to be a high-usage player who takes a lot of the scoring load, presumably from Day 1. That will be a big help from MCW. Parker will also be an above-average shooter for a 3/4, which will help make up for MCW being below-average at the 1. Having Noel behind Parker should also make up a bit for Parker's below-average defense, though I think he'll end up adequate there.

Would like to see them add shooting at #10.

No matter what Cleveland does- Dion and Kyrie are probably not playing another season together. That combination doesn't work and Dion has value as a 2nd unit/4th q scorer.
Problem is Cleveland wants to keep Kyrie Irving who has the beef with Dion, but Cleveland can't trade DW until they know Irving will sign an extension, but Kyrie didn't seem interested in resigning, but Cleveland won another lottery so who knows.

Dion Waiters on a good team would be a huge weapon, but he is stuck in NBA purgatory.

I think getting Parker would be great for MCW. I like Parker a lot, but even aside from that he'd be a great fit with MCW: he is going to be a high-usage player who takes a lot of the scoring load, presumably from Day 1. That will be a big help from MCW. Parker will also be an above-average shooter for a 3/4, which will help make up for MCW being below-average at the 1. Having Noel behind Parker should also make up a bit for Parker's below-average defense, though I think he'll end up adequate there.

Would like to see them add shooting at #10.

Parker would be a great fit for MCW because MCW would be able to pass to a player who can make shots, unlike last year.

Parker and McDermott would be good additions.

Dion should try to find a way to Charlotte- he might fit nicely with Kemba on a team that needs another scorer.

Dion should try to find a way to Charlotte- he might fit nicely with Kemba on a team that needs another scorer.
If Cleveland-Minnesota-Charlotte were smart we would see something like this. Assuming Kevin Love would sign with Cleveland
Minnesota- receives 1st overall pick from Cleveland, 9th overall pick from Charlotte
Cleveland receives Kevin Love
Charlotte receives Dion Waiters

add whatever contracts were needed to get this done, but it would help everyone.

Parker would be a great fit for MCW because MCW would be able to pass to a player who can make shots, unlike last year.

Parker and McDermott would be good additions.

I don't think McDermott would be a good pick for the Sixers. I like him a lot too, but as an NBA prospect he strikes me as a very high-risk (and potentially high-reward) pick. I think he's a bit of a luxury pick for a franchise that doesn't need to hit on the pick (which probably pushes him out of the lottery generally). The Sixers really need to hit a rotation player with the pick.

As a Piston fan, that hurt losing the pick to Charlotte. Good riddance Joe

The only way LeBron goes back to Cleveland is if they trade that #1 pick along with Tristan Thompson and Anderson Varejao to get Kevin Love. Then you'd have Kyrie, Dion, LeBron, Love, and whoever at C.

As a Bucks fan, I'm ecstatic that we ended up with a top 2 pick. I fully expect us to come away with Wiggins, Embiid, or Exum, and that's incredibly exciting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom