Drexel game thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Drexel game thoughts

Some odd stats from today‘s game. According to the box score in Syracuse.com, we did out rebound them - 23-21. Those rebound totals have to be some of the lowest I’ve ever seen for a game.

Drexel had just 30 missed field goals for SU to rebound while SU had just 24 fg misses for Drexel to rebound plus 2 rebound opportunities from missed free throws.

Drexel committed 8 fouls resulting in 16 free throw attempts by SU while SU committed 12 fouls resulting in just 6 free throws for Drexel.

The 'official' box score on cuse.com has us being out-rebounded 30-26.

I have no idea how Joe only had 5 assists our scorekeeper needs to loosen up a bit

Guess they published the one I saw before it was ‘official’ - lol
I question the official box score. 9 team rebounds for Drexel? Really? I get 3 or 4 but 9 can’t be correct.

Someone was asleep at the switch.

Need Joe to let the game come to him and not press too much. He's had a nice start to the year so far. That lineup for much of the 2nd half was really solid defensively and didn't suffer too much on the offensive side. Really nice 2nd half play by everyone. Solid Drexel team that moved the ball well. Refs sucked

They need to feed the hot shooter until he starts missing. I like the way Girard is playing. He only scores when needed. Otherwise, he's the glue making the offence work. You need players like this to be really good.

This may sound a little nitpicking but I really did not like the way the announcers called the game. Too much commentary on stuff having nothing to do with the game. I prefer to hear a player's name every now and then when a player touches the ball and makes a play on offense or defense. I prefer 90% game commentary and 10% other stuff. Not 90% other stuff and 10% game commentary. Really irritating. How about some player background stories occasionally! Oh wait, that would require actually doing work and their job!!

This may sound a little nitpicking but I really did not like the way the announcers called the game. Too much commentary on stuff having nothing to do with the game. I prefer to hear a player's name every now and then when a player touches the ball and makes a play on offense or defense. I prefer 90% game commentary and 10% other stuff. Not 90% other stuff and 10% game commentary. Really irritating. How about some player background stories occasionally! Oh wait, that would require actually doing work and their job!!
totally agree, but...
have you not been watching espn games over the past 5-10 yrs? I mean some announcing teams are worse than others, but it became par for the course years ago to all but ignore the game itself - it's infuriating but I guess I'm sort of numb to it by now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom