DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron

clearly nobody actually cares about their team anymore.

So why should we?

I’m not signing up to be any of these clowns’ personal cheerleaders. I sign up to root for the team. Starting to feel like a relic. I doubt I even follow this stuff at all in another 10 years.

Yeah to think the NFL is less “corporate” is weird. But I’m in the same boat. I’ll be surprised if I’m still following CFB in any depth in 10 years but overall the NFL isn’t going to change much. I kind of appreciate that right now.

So you could play the last game of the year...
So you can help the team make a bowl (possibly)'''
other than that, no reason at all

He wouldn’t have played. He lost his backup role to Lockett who has played pretty good. Harper didn’t play a single snap vs NCSt and he got limited snaps vs Louisville where he was graded the lowest performer of all 21 defensive players that got in. For the season he was 26th.

I'm slowly starting to feel your pain. I love college sports because you become connected to the players. Now it just seems like a complete free for all and that is missing more and more. Makes it more difficult to feel invested, at least for me.

All that said, I still act like an idiot on gamedays. But the more this continues, the more likely people feel disconnected and college sports trend even further from what they once were. The fact you have to essentially re recruit players now is very unappealing. I imagine coaches hate it.
Starting to feel like they all play so they can put highlights of any plays they made on their Instagram, to build their “brand”, without realizing nobody else really cares.

I certainly don't think he was an impact DT but he was veteran piece that this team needed when pretty much the entire two deep graduates on Saturday. Now the staff has to hit the portal with a lame duck HC to find multiple game ready Dline pieces while batting against dozens of other D1 P5 schools. Not exactly a scenario that screams success.
No doubt. I always think it benefits us more by having more 5th year players in the team but in some cases it’s better to bring in guys that fit. Roscoe is a good example of this. Keep in mind the new transfer rule is giving teams a lot more kids to choose from. A lot more options.

I said it once and I’ll say it again my source says Dino is losing the locker room, look at my previous posts on this topic, he still has a lot of supporters on team of course but some are growing tired of his messaging. I said within two weeks, I said defense, bad news it might happen again.
Yes, we know. Feel free to pat yourself on the back again.

I said it once and I’ll say it again my source says Dino is losing the locker room, look at my previous posts on this topic, he still has a lot of supporters on team of course but some are growing tired of his messaging. I said within two weeks, I said defense, bad news it might happen again.

Losing a 3rd stringer is losing the locker room and bad news? Maybe he left cause he wasn’t playing anymore.

Only 1 game left, so we should be fine. Before getting upset about next year, we should wait until camp starts and maybe see who has been brought in? Plenty of time for good things to happen. I am more worried about whether to stack my Thanksgiving plate 2 levels or just grab a second plate. Good eating and beverages happening really soon! Dline status for 2022? That is a next year thing.:cool:

What’s 3 more days?

I agree, but I ask why he couldn’t wait three more days to enter the portal?

He’s leaving from a position of need for 2022. I believe he would have been a projected stater for 2022, so it’s hard to think this is about playing time.

He’s a fifth year Covid Jr, so he’s likely already earned his degree from SU (can anyone confirm this?). I’d like to think he’s transferring to find a school that has a masters program of his liking.

The timing of this is troubling.
My guess is that he wasn't happy with his role in this weeks game plan. Lockett is already a far better prospect.

No doubt. I always think it benefits us more by having more 5th year players in the team but in some cases it’s better to bring in guys that fit. Roscoe is a good example of this. Keep in mind the new transfer rule is giving teams a lot more kids to choose from. A lot more options.

That's why I don't get the "panic." This is unprecedented, but will be the new normal across the college football landscape going forward. The volume just seems high relative to how things USED to work.

Maybe these players are having the conversation with the coaching staff about whether they should go or stay. I reread the NCAA Transfer Waiver again and if there is a "mass exodus" and even with a recruiting class of 25 if a school is falls under the 85 cap players have to declare for the portal by 12/15/21.

"Current NCAA rules allow programs to sign up to 25 players in a new football signing class — termed “initial counters” — which includes high school players and transfers. Each FBS program also has a maximum of 85 total scholarship players. This means a coach could lose players to graduation and the transfer portal and then sign 25 initial counters but still be below the 85-scholarship player maximum.

This waiver will allow those programs to replace up to seven departing transfers above the 25-player limit. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier, a source told The Athletic. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who are academically eligible at their new school."

Devito tweeted “let him out of the cage” obviously there is some discontent in the locker room related to playing time.
It's Twitter and You should never try and interpret kids tweets. However, that wasn't my interpretation of the tweet. I took it more to him finding a landing spot where he can play.

And I wouldn't put stock in any thing TD tweeted.

That's why I don't get the "panic." This is unprecedented, but will be the new normal across the college football landscape going forward. The volume just seems high relative to how things USED to work.
Yup. There will be more guys entering the portal after end of season meetings. Its not just SU. Its the new normal. Everyone is going to lose depth players. We just have to replace them. Hopefully we strike gold on some. We can sure use it. lol

No but we haven’t lost a player because Dinos lost the locker room. And you repeat it again when that has nothing to do with Harper leaving.
I know for a fact from players on the teams mouth they are having issues with the coaching staff, I could prove it to somebody in two seconds. I like your takes most of the time, I am not offended that you even think what you think but I know exactly what i am talking about.

In Terms of opening up a spot for a player who will contribute, yes it's good news.
I can agree with that line of thinking. If we take in enough transfers, there is always an upgrade someplace.

I know for a fact from players on the teams mouth they are having issues with the coaching staff, I could prove it to somebody in two seconds. I like your takes most of the time, I am not offended that you even think what you think but I know exactly what i am talking about.
In general terms what are the issues? Are they valid complaints?

I know that in talking with coaches of other sports at other schools that lots of kids have issues with coaching staffs. kids dont like a coaching style, dont like being told what to do, dont think they play enough. Doesnt always mean when you have 100+ kids that coaches have lost the room even if 10-20 kids are not happy. You find far more kids move on and get the same results or worse than the school they left. You seldom find where kids who dont play are really better than the ones who do and most of the time its because they just dont fit the style they need to play and not because coaches are holding grudges.. coaches want to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom