DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron

At some point some of you have to realize the different ways a player could be told to explore his options. The portal will be used to bring in players. Some of you act like they aren’t going to replace these guys.
Too much rational thought here.

(Thank you)

Maybe he wasn't going to start next year?

Caleb OkechukwuR-So.
Steve LintonR-Fr.
Joe RondiR-Fr.
Chase SimmonsFr.
Jatius GeerFr.
Derek McDonaldFr.
Terry LockettFr.
Elijah Fuentes-CundiffFr.

Okechkwu [replacing Black], Fuentes / Lockett [replacing Bear], and Geer [replacing Jonathan]?

Need a JUCO / transfer tackle.
Lockett has quietly had a really good frosh season and I think he is clearly going to be the NT next season.

Caleb has played a lot and will surely be one of the DEs.

You don't have Kevon Darton listed here but he has played quite a bit this year and surely will be in the rotation. He has lined up at NT and DE and will probably play at both. I am assuming Darton is getting a scholarship next season, if he hasn't gotten one already.

Fuentes-Cundiff will probably battle with Darton for PT as backup DTs. If I know White, he will play at least 3 at DT.

I like Rondi and Simmons but agree Geer looks like a younger version of Kingsley and is our next star at DE. I bet he leads the DL in sacks next season.

McDonald should not be considered a DL. He has had a strong fall and with Cartin-Arku's defection, is well positioned as our 4th LB. I hear the coaches like him. A lot.

I would expect us to take at least one DT and DE from the portal as well.

Harper is not a fit for this scheme. So it makes sense. I do admire that he worked hard to change his body. He got on the field as a rotational player and made some plays here and there. Im actually surprised he came back this year. I think he realized that he will be a part time player in this scheme. I don’t see him being that much better in an even front. He’s just a marginal player. Not explosive. I wish the best for him in his last year of eligibility.
The scary thing is he's the best of the DT's the staff has brought in the last 4 years, not including this year's Freshman class, which is wait and see at this point.

At some point some of you have to realize the different ways a player could be told to explore his options. The portal will be used to bring in players. Some of you act like they aren’t going to replace these guys.
Why would the staff want him to explore his options-We should already have plenty of sports available and at the minimum, he could give us depth at a position where we are very thin.

Why would the staff want him to explore his options-We should already have plenty of sports available and at the minimum, he could give us depth at a position where we are very thin.
Some one else is getting his reps. What do you think that mean? They can get depth with second year players that fit the scheme better and through the portal. Some of this is just common sense.

Anybody on here 270-300 lbs & halfway athletic with some eligibility left? This is incredible. Guy was a surefire starter next season. I think next season we have Lockett, Okechukwu and Otto the Orange across the D-line.
I could probably get there with the proper strength and conditioning program - and a sincere effort at Thanksgiving dinner.

Got to be football related...no reason to announce NOW if he has his degree already and wants to work toward a Masters in something CUSE doesn't offer.
LaFamilia is shrinking with each passing week.

Lockett has quietly had a really good frosh season and I think he is clearly going to be the NT next season.

Caleb has played a lot and will surely be one of the DEs.

You don't have Kevon Darton listed here but he has played quite a bit this year and surely will be in the rotation. He has lined up at NT and DE and will probably play at both. I am assuming Darton is getting a scholarship next season, if he hasn't gotten one already.

Fuentes-Cundiff will probably battle with Darton for PT as backup DTs. If I know White, he will play at least 3 at DT.

I like Rondi and Simmons but agree Geer looks like a younger version of Kingsley and is our next star at DE. I bet he leads the DL in sacks next season.

McDonald should not be considered a DL. He has had a strong fall and with Cartin-Arku's defection, is well positioned as our 4th LB. I hear the coaches like him. A lot.

I would expect us to take at least one DT and DE from the portal as well.
Now that’s a rational response. I also heard the same about McDonald.

Got to be football related...no reason to announce NOW if he has his degree already and wants to work toward a Masters in something CUSE doesn't offer.
LaFamilia is shrinking with each passing week.
The portal is already full up. Just think about 130 FCS players entering the portal in just one day this week. Why wait until the surge from FBS players entering the portal next week?

I think most fans expect SU to utilize the portal to replace these guys but we all know that Dline guys especially tackles are at a premium and the competition is fierce. What impact DT is going to be running to transfer here next year?

The portal is already full up. Just think about 130 FCS players entering the portal in just one day this week. Why wait until the surge from FBS players entering the portal next week?
So you could play the last game of the year...
So you can help the team make a bowl (possibly)'''
other than that, no reason at all

I think most fans expect SU to utilize the portal to replace these guys but we all know that Dline guys especially tackles are at a premium and the competition is fierce. What impact DT is going to be running to transfer here next year?

Maybe we’re gonna play some new age 1-5-5 defense. DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT?!?!?

They want certain types of tackles. He doesn’t fit what they want. This gives them the ability to bring in a more explosive interior guy. Harper was an impact DT?

clearly nobody actually cares about their team anymore.

So why should we?

I’m not signing up to be any of these clowns’ personal cheerleaders. I sign up to root for the team. Starting to feel like a relic. I doubt I even follow this stuff at all in another 10 years.

They want certain types of tackles. He doesn’t fit what they want. This gives them the ability to bring in a more explosive interior guy. Harper was an impact DT?

I certainly don't think he was an impact DT but he was veteran piece that this team needed when pretty much the entire two deep graduates on Saturday. Now the staff has to hit the portal with a lame duck HC to find multiple game ready Dline pieces while batting against dozens of other D1 P5 schools. Not exactly a scenario that screams success.

clearly nobody actually cares about their team anymore.

So why should we?

I’m not signing up to be any of these clowns’ personal cheerleaders. I sign up to root for the team. Starting to feel like a relic. I doubt I even follow this stuff at all in another 10 years.

I'm slowly starting to feel your pain. I love college sports because you become connected to the players. Now it just seems like a complete free for all and that is missing more and more. Makes it more difficult to feel invested, at least for me.

All that said, I still act like an idiot on gamedays. But the more this continues, the more likely people feel disconnected and college sports trend even further from what they once were. The fact you have to essentially re recruit players now is very unappealing. I imagine coaches hate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom