DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron

I know for a fact from players on the teams mouth they are having issues with the coaching staff, I could prove it to somebody in two seconds. I like your takes most of the time, I am not offended that you even think what you think but I know exactly what i am talking about.

There’s always players that aren’t happy. Those who aren’t playing and think they should. With one game left Harper decides to leave because he has issues with the staff? Yea his issue is he was bumped down to 3rd string and isn’t playing. He doesn’t all of a sudden with one game left decides he doesn’t like the coaches. I’d bet anything if he played vs NCSt and was in the two deep for Pitt he wouldn’t have gone into the portal.

There’s always players that aren’t happy. Those who aren’t playing and think they should. With one game left Harper decides to leave because he has issues with the staff? Yea his issue is he was bumped down to 3rd string and isn’t playing. He doesn’t all of a sudden with one game left decides he doesn’t like the coaches. I’d bet anything if he played vs NCSt and was in the two deep for Pitt he wouldn’t have gone into the portal.
yup.. And the coaches needed to win one of these last 3. They are gonna play the guys they think can do that..

Players have to declare before Dec. 15? That's before bowl season, that could wreak some havoc.

I'm not worried about your drive, I'm worried that you're 270 and only 5'8.

I kid, I kid (contact Babers immediately)
Low man wins! Get that Butter ball in here, STAT!

Love to have you for that 1 year before you hit the portal.

I know for a fact from players on the teams mouth they are having issues with the coaching staff, I could prove it to somebody in two seconds. I like your takes most of the time, I am not offended that you even think what you think but I know exactly what i am talking about.
Not sure any of these players now a day is happy. We have players that are starters or on the two deep entering the portal. We also have guys that barely saw the field. It’s also not just at SU.
Most these kids do not think long term. Most still feel they are going to the nfl even if they barely play for a mid P5 or lower team.
I guess it’s the new normal. Eventually people may stop watching. Maybe things will then change.

I do not disagree with that

Not sure any of these players now a day is happy. We have players that are starters or on the two deep entering the portal. We also have guys that barely saw the field. It’s also not just at SU.
Most these kids do not think long term. Most still feel they are going to the nfl even if they barely play for a mid P5 or lower team.
I guess it’s the new normal. Eventually people may stop watching. Maybe things will then change.
I will say the kids today are far different then kids even 20 years ago, lots of me me me and everybody needs instant gratification.

Its not uncommon to have disgruntled players and parents from struggling teams. It even happens on winning teams. Not sure why you need to share that publicly. It does no good.

I know that in talking with coaches of other sports at other schools that lots of kids have issues with coaching staffs. kids dont like a coaching style, dont like being told what to do, dont think they play enough. Doesnt always mean when you have 100+ kids that coaches have lost the room even if 10-20 kids are not happy. You find far more kids move on and get the same results or worse than the school they left. You seldom find where kids who dont play are really better than the ones who do and most of the time its because they just dont fit the style they need to play and not because coaches are holding grudges.. coaches want to win.
Just look at Iowa having the "revolt" that is non existent now.

I will say the kids today are far different then kids even 20 years ago, lots of me me me and everybody needs instant gratification.

Lots of kids I knew in the 80’s and 90’s were all me, me, me. I think we like to paint younger generations with a wide brush. The instant gratification aspect is likely a result of the speed, changes happen nowadays and the world these kids have grown up in. It’s what they know. You take 80 yr olds today and have them grow up in this generation and they’d act the same way.

Low man wins! Get that Butter ball in here, STAT!

Love to have you for that 1 year before you hit the portal.
Idk if Alabama will want a guy that only played 7th grace football even after my heisman year at DT:p

In general terms what are the issues? Are they valid complaints?
I am 40, I do not think they are valid complaints, I do think Dino should be fired if they lose against Pitt, but these kids hate losing I will say that, they do not like game plans, they do not like not getting a chance when they feel they should, nothing groundbreaking I do not think. What I will say is when i hear this stuff its coming from a 20 some year old so he makes it sound worse then I interpret it.

Its not uncommon to have disgruntled players and parents from struggling teams. It even happens on winning teams. Not sure why you need to share that publicly. It does no good.
what does one talk about on a message board involving a power 5 school. and a coach who makes millions? I do not have to share it, I certainly am not going to lose sleep if I am told not to, but I figured it maybe pertinent

Lots of kids I knew in the 80’s and 90’s were all me, me, me. I think we like to paint younger generations with a wide brush. The instant gratification aspect is likely a result of the speed, changes happen nowadays and the world these kids have grown up in. It’s what they know. You take 80 yr olds today and have them grow up in this generation and they’d act the same way.
fair enough

Yeah. And winning usually makes players more willing to toe the line. Losing is when the wheels come off with some of the disgruntled players.

Yeah. And winning usually makes players more willing to toe the line. Losing is when the wheels come off with some of the disgruntled players.

I am sure last season doesn't help. It had to hurt moral and brought on losing. If we were 2019 and 2021 that isn't too much losing. But throw 2020 in between and it is a lot.

what does one talk about on a message board involving a power 5 school. and a coach who makes millions? I do not have to share it, I certainly am not going to lose sleep if I am told not to, but I figured it maybe pertinent
Some info just dont need to be shared. It just gets people aggravated on these boards. There are going to be players upset with playing time and coaching. There are players that want a fresh start. The one free transfer is the new normal. There's more coming but it doesnt mean he's lost the locker room. He just lost the players that chose to seek more playing time somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom