DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron

Now I know that I have no way to prove this and don't want to reveal my source, but I was just told by a former player (graduated 2019) that there is a very big number of former and current players who do not like Dino and do not believe in him. Obviously not shocking news, but still not good at all. This program is broken.

Better to keep this to your friends. People get upset when anyone with potential negative information says anything on a football board.

Better to keep this to your friends. People get upset when anyone with potential negative information says anything on a football board.

Especially when others have heard or seen the exact opposite. Maybe it was a jilted former player. I have to believe if there was such dislike of Babers all those super seniors wouldn’t have come back.

The 25 limit does not just apply to high school recruits. It's High School players and transfers, grad or underclassmen.

But at the time the rule was created players could not transfer and play immediately, which has changed everything. Almost all the players under that limit were high school players at that time.

As I’ve said about all the other guys that are portal-bound, good luck, wish him all the best.

I hope if he ever comes back to visit he’s welcomed with open arms.

Thanks for representing Syracuse so well.

This is just the way it is now. Got to roll with it.

As I’ve said about all the other guys that are portal-bound, good luck, wish him all the best.

I hope if he ever comes back to visit he’s welcomed with open arms.

Thanks for representing Syracuse so well.

This is just the way it is now. Got to roll with it.
Disagree. Just like leaving a job a right way to go and then burning a bridge. This is like leaving without a two week notice, pretty selfish kid.

Why would he rather be at Akron? He would have started at Syracuse next year.

Geez, Akron was awful last year - only 2-10.
Transfers like this make me feel like something is wrong in the locker room.

Why would he rather be at Akron? He would have started at Syracuse next year.

Maybe our staff told him differently. Might not make a lot of sense when we look at the roster, but perhaps they know of transfers that are coming.

We just don't know everything that goes into these decisions.

But good to know Joe Moorhead is scouting us.

Eh, we had 4 defensive linemen come back voluntarily for a 6th year.

I think it's more that his snaps decreased during the year and he was told that would likely be the case in 2022 as well.

Eh, good luck to him but transfers like this give me some confidence that the bar might actually be raising!

Yeah, I mean wouldn't a kid transferring to Akron make you think it's more of a talent issue than a locker room issue? Just on the surface of it?

I'd worry a lot more if it was any P5 school. Or even a good G5 school.

Eh, we had 4 defensive linemen come back voluntarily for a 6th year.

I think it's more that his snaps decreased during the year and he was told that would likely be the case in 2022 as well.

But based on playing time, this is our best returning guy. I mean, what in the world is going on?

But based on playing time, this is our best returning guy. I mean, what in the world is going on?

I think his playing time decreased, as the freshman Lockett started getting more acclimated. Would be great to keep him for depth, but who really knows. Maybe he wanted to go back to play DT in a 4-3? I just don't see how him transferring to Akron leads to any bad conclusions.

Some of the losses concern me (wish we kept Cole for 3rd CB, wish we kept Lutz for specials, and emergency RB, wish we kept GCA as the 4th LB).

But Harper going to Akron just screams wasn't going to play here. And I know DL is our single thinnest position right now.

It would be nice to see a few of them tweeting that they’re blessed to receive an offer from the University of Syracuse.
Here ya go...
FHJXxXTVcAEOzJT

Pot stirring. Kid isn’t that good and got passed over. Sees the writing on the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom