DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron

What is going on is that you look for negative meaning in everything.

Well, I'm sorry, but about 1/4 of the team just quit.

Did you happen to notice that?

We just had a women's hoops coach have the ENTIRE TEAM quit.

Boeheim has lost 3 and 4 guys to the portal in the last 2 years.

Tell me the silver lining in all of this. Go ahead.

It's amazing how hard this concept is for people.

If a guy has to transfer to a MAC team to "get playing time", when he outperformed nearly every other defensive lineman is just beyond my comprehension.

The guy who led all of our defensive linemen in tackles, and led the whole team in tackles for loss - and you all are saying he isn't good enough to play here, and has to transfer to a 2-10 MAC team... I mean, "what are you guys smoking, because I WANT some of that!"

He outperformed ALL of our sixth year DL who are leaving. ALL OF THEM.

This is a huge loss. This guy was going to lead our DL next year.

It's happening to everyone. Alabama had 10 scholarship players transfer in 2021. Its the new world order for a while.

It's happening to everyone. Alabama had 10 scholarship players transfer in 2021. Its the new world order for a while.

Ah, but that's denying that we have the most.

If a guy has to transfer to a MAC team to "get playing time", when he outperformed nearly every other defensive lineman is just beyond my comprehension.

The guy who led all of our defensive linemen in tackles, and led the whole team in tackles for loss - and you all are saying he isn't good enough to play here, and has to transfer to a 2-10 MAC team... I mean, "what are you guys smoking, because I WANT some of that!"

Your premise makes absolutely no sense. If he's going to be such a huge loss, why wasn't he more highly sought after? Why did he go from an ACC program to a bottom-tier MAC program? Not sure what you were watching, but Harper just wasn't very good. And to say he outperformed Cody Roscoe? Laughable.

OK, you know more than me.
But, geez, this is an awful look. Don't you think?
Maybe it’s a case of water finding it’s own level

maybe he has a clear understanding that football ends after the next year and he wants to play and have fun and be a starter in the Mac vs a backup in the ACC

there’s a wide range of reasons why an individual would leave one school for another, none of which = an awful look.

his position coach was let go, thats huge for a kid that isn’t a lock for snaps

What are you talking about?

He didn’t outperform anyone. In fact he was our lowest graded DL for the season.

Most of the football players that left weren't going to be on the two-deep next year, but wasn't this thread about Harper leaving and how that is a bad look for the program?
The women's hoops team is actually playing better than last year (to quote you: did you happen to notice that?), although I'm not sure what this has to do with Harper leaving.
I don't have a silver lining with the men's bb team, but again, not sure what that has to do with Harper leaving.

If he's going to be such a huge loss, why wasn't he more highly sought after? Why did he go from an ACC program to a bottom-tier MAC program?

How many stars a kid got in HS has very little to do with how they turned out as a player after 3 or 4 years in your system. I guess you've never heard of player development, and S&C programs.

Most of the football players that left weren't going to be on the two-deep next year, but wasn't this thread about Harper leaving and how that is a bad look for the program?
The women's hoops team is actually playing better than last year (to quote you: did you happen to notice that?), although I'm not sure what this has to do with Harper leaving.
I don't have a silver lining with the men's bb team, but again, not sure what that has to do with Harper leaving.

This has already been addressed, Something like 11 of the 15 so far would have been contributors next year.

Are you confusing Harper with Roscoe?

You realize this thread is about Curtis Harper, right? The Curtis Harper who played for SU was not the leading tackler for DLs. Unless you are not counting Roscoe, Black, Williams, Okeck, and Jonathan.

Those stats are in the very link YOU posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom