DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron

You realize this thread is about Curtis Harper, right? The Curtis Harper who played for SU was not the leading tackler for DLs. Unless you are not counting Roscoe, Black, Williams, Okeck, and Jonathan.

Those stats are in the very link YOU posted.

My bad. I was looking at Roscoe. But he left, too, didn't he?

If a guy has to transfer to a MAC team to "get playing time", when he outperformed nearly every other defensive lineman is just beyond my comprehension.

The guy who led all of our defensive linemen in tackles, and led the whole team in tackles for loss - and you all are saying he isn't good enough to play here, and has to transfer to a 2-10 MAC team... I mean, "what are you guys smoking, because I WANT some of that!"

He outperformed ALL of our sixth year DL who are leaving. ALL OF THEM.

This is a huge loss. This guy was going to lead our DL next year.

You need a new stat guy.

Most of the football players that left weren't going to be on the two-deep next year, but wasn't this thread about Harper leaving and how that is a bad look for the program?
The women's hoops team is actually playing better than last year (to quote you: did you happen to notice that?), although I'm not sure what this has to do with Harper leaving.
I don't have a silver lining with the men's bb team, but again, not sure what that has to do with Harper leaving.
Yes, please don't lump Harper in with all those other things and don't lump him in with other football players who quit the team. Harper earned his SU degree in 3 1/2 years and decided to move on as a grad transfer. He's fulfilled his obligation to SU football; he doesn't owe us anything else; he is an SU alumnus. Wish him well and next man up. LGO!

Now that you said it, yes, I think you're right.
Season 3 Nevermind GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Because he will play more at Akron than at SU
Ok. Buts hes not going pro. He played significant snaps for us until the last few games. I would have gone for a better degree. Hope he does well.

Hey, at least I admit it when I make a mistake.
Ok, here’s another mistake. The poster below was clearly referring to being sought after in the portal, not as a high school player.
Your premise makes absolutely no sense. If he's going to be such a huge loss, why wasn't he more highly sought after? Why did he go from an ACC program to a bottom-tier MAC program? Not sure what you were watching, but Harper just wasn't very good. And to say he outperformed Cody Roscoe? Laughable.

How many stars a kid got in HS has very little to do with how they turned out as a player after 3 or 4 years in your system. I guess you've never heard of player development, and S&C programs.

If a guy has to transfer to a MAC team to "get playing time", when he outperformed nearly every other defensive lineman is just beyond my comprehension.

The guy who led all of our defensive linemen in tackles, and led the whole team in tackles for loss - and you all are saying he isn't good enough to play here, and has to transfer to a 2-10 MAC team... I mean, "what are you guys smoking, because I WANT some of that!"

He outperformed ALL of our sixth year DL who are leaving. ALL OF THEM.

This is a huge loss. This guy was going to lead our DL next year.

I think you are confusing Curtis Harper and Cody Roscoe

Yes, and it's on a golf scholarship, not football.
Actually, Rutgers has a nice golf course. Too bad it's surrounded by their campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom