Class of 2014 - DT Isaiah "Zeek" Rodney (SC) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DT Isaiah "Zeek" Rodney (SC) Offered

OK Ano.. you were right. He stayed close to home. Good luck to him. Next.

hmmmm next man up Kayton Samuels DT out of Ga has a solid verbal to Georgia Southern but reports say he will be in cuse on 31st of jan

Never had any confidence in this one. Always seemed like he wanted to stay at home. Best of luck to the kid!

Never had any confidence in this one. Always seemed like he wanted to stay at home. Best of luck to the kid!

Agreed, Zeek and Kyron Watson were both long shots in my mind so this isn't any big shock to me. But if we lose Denzel Ward to USF, thats a different story.

Not a shocker. Kid wants to be close to his dad, can't fault him for that. Staff knew they were facing an uphill battle.

Good luck , Zeek, we'll see you down the road. On to Mr. Samuels and perhaps a DT mystery recruit (?). Ward is solid . It would be a What occurance to lose him now.

Tatted with what? 803 is a SC area code...maybe he wasn't impressed with the 336 area code? Fingers crossed.
Kids are impressionable. Sounds like something the coaches gave him on his visit. You know . . . "you're an 803 kid, why would you want to go up to 315?"

Kids are impressionable. Sounds like something the coaches gave him on his visit. You know . . . "you're an 803 kid, why would you want to go up to 315?"
Wake would actually be a 336, but l get what you mean. We didn't have a real chance with him from what everyone seems to think. I won't lie, I had my hopes up. I get nervous we are losing Bromley.

If I were a D1 prospect, I'd want to stay close to home, too. Granted, that'd also mean I'd be going to SU, it's hard to ever fault a kid for that decision.

Fact is true, but the percentage of two star and unranked players is tremendously greater than four and five star players.

That is also true, HOWEVER, the number of players entering college each year (~3,000 just in FBS) is much greater than the number making an NFL roster each year (roughly 224 drafted, a handful of free agents, and not all make rosters)... the cream is supposed to rise to the top.

So, given that the NFL is a collection of elite players, it would stand to reason that most of the players would have been the best players coming out of high school too... however, we all know that being a star in high school does not grant you direct access to the NFL... you have to actually develop in college to take the next step.

Our offensive recruits this year will take great pleasure crushing wakes defense
Wake would actually be a 336, but l get what you mean. We didn't have a real chance with him from what everyone seems to think. I won't lie, I had my hopes up. I get nervous we are losing Bromley.

no true frosh is going to replace bromely. if they wanted to replace bromely they should've done that a year or two ago.

Our offensive recruits this year will take great pleasure crushing wakes defense

no true frosh is going to replace bromely. if they wanted to replace bromely they should've done that a year or two ago.
John Raymon would have been that guy, except for the injury.

Les Johns ‏@Les_Johns 12m12 minutes ago
Rodney contributed 22 tackles last season, playing in all 12 games for the Deacs. Big loss in terms of experience & depth on defensive line

Saw that on the scroll last night and thought that name looked familiar.

And I thought I remembered too many of these kids sutomcat

Why did South Pointe's Zeek Rodney take a year off from football, and what did he learn? (heraldonline.com; McCormick)

Hoisting crates of Pepsi out of a van last February, Zeek Rodney had a stark realization.

He wasn’t where he needed to be.

Rodney played in nine college football games as a true freshman at Wake Forest, then started all 12 games at defensive tackle as a sophomore in 2015. Many were surprised when the school announced he would take a leave of absence from the program in July 2016. A vague press release said Rodney “had some personal issues that he is currently addressing.”

There wasn’t one singular event, “I just wasn’t feeling like myself,” Rodney said. “I was taking everything for granted. I didn’t know if this was what I wanted to do anymore.”

He didn’t play at the level he expected during spring football and said he began to doubt himself. It was an incredible mental rut for a football player that tormented quarterbacks in high school, blasting through blockers like they were piles of dead leaves and setting new quarterback sack records at the Rock Hill school – South Pointe High – that produced Jadeveon Clowney.

“I just wasn’t feeling like myself,” Rodney reiterated Wednesday during a phone interview.

Why did South Pointe's Zeek Rodney take a year off from football, and what did he learn? (heraldonline.com; McCormick)

Hoisting crates of Pepsi out of a van last February, Zeek Rodney had a stark realization.

Rodney played in nine college football games as a true freshman at Wake Forest, then started all 12 games at defensive tackle as a sophomore in 2015. Many were surprised when the school announced he would take a leave of absence from the program in July 2016. A vague press release said Rodney “had some personal issues that he is currently addressing.”

There wasn’t one singular event, “I just wasn’t feeling like myself,” Rodney said. “I was taking everything for granted. I didn’t know if this was what I wanted to do anymore.”

He didn’t play at the level he expected during spring football and said he began to doubt himself. It was an incredible mental rut for a football player that tormented quarterbacks in high school, blasting through blockers like they were piles of dead leaves and setting new quarterback sack records at the Rock Hill school – South Pointe High – that produced Jadeveon Clowney.

“I just wasn’t feeling like myself,” Rodney reiterated Wednesday during a phone interview.
And here I thought it was going to say, "I picked the wrong school."

LOL. I really wanted him in orange. Sigh.