Rising prospect

Top 10 prospect in SC per 247

Interesting to see how serious this is

Rodney gets second ACC offer
By Phil Kornblut
bilde

Zeek Rodney
Click for larger image
The northern most schools in the ACC like the looks of Shrine Bowl DL Zeek Rodney of South Pointe. First it was Boston College that offered. Tuesday night Rodney reported an offer from Syracuse. Those are his two major offers at this point. The other offers are from SC State, Charlotte, Louisiana-Lafayette, Marshall, Appalachian State, Toledo and Ball State. Two of his official visits are set with Marshall and Boston College

The South Carolina recruiting guys are reporting an official visit date to Syracuse being set in January

September 15, 2013

Rodney still look for big time offers
By Phil Kornblut
bilde

Zeek Rodney
Click for larger image
DL Zeek Rodney of South Pointe had 26 sacks as a junior and is working his way towards another big season of collaring quarterbacks. Rodney has a handful of solid offers but unfortunately for him, the big boys aren't paying attention. Rodney has offers from Boston College, SC State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Marshall, Appalachian State, Toledo and Ball State. He's hearing nothing from Clemson and USC. "It's disappointing," Rodney said of the lack of interest from the two major in-state programs. He's hearing the most from BC, Charlotte and Ball State at this point. Rodney has not taken any visits this season and has not thought about official visits. "I'm trying to focus on keeping on doing what I'm doing and focus more on the class room," said Rodney who has helped the Stallions get off to an undefeated start. He would like to make his decision before the playoffs.

'Cuse contacts Rodney
By Eric Guimaraes
DL Zeek Rodney of South Pointe was contacted Wednesday by Syracuse on facebook and expects a call from the Orange Friday. "They told me liked my film and they liked me as a player," Rodney said. "I like them because it's a big name and they're joining the ACC." Rodney has offers from Boston College, SC State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Marshall, Appalachian State, Toledo and Ball State but does not have any favorites. Marshall and Boston College will each receive an official visit from Rodney soon. "I'm going to Marshall November 2nd and I'm supposed to go to Boston (College) in late-November or early-December," he said. Rodney is nursing a pulled hamstring muscle this season but has managed to compile eight sacks and nine tackles for loss thus far.

Love his tape. He's got a ridiculous rip move, quick off the line, pretty good speed for a big boy

We'll get to see if he likes the cold during that visit. I sure do hope he likes it here though. He comes from a high school in a very competitive region that also has good stock (USC players Jadeveon Clowney and Devon Taylor (now in the NFL)).

This kid has an exceptional tape. His quickness is extremely impressive for the position. The only concern being 6'1 255 it doesn't look like he has much room to put on more weight with his already sturdy build. You have to figure he will need at least another 20lbs to be able to deal with ACC OL's.

This kid has an exceptional tape. His quickness is extremely impressive for the position. The only concern being 6'1 255 it doesn't look like he has much room to put on more weight with his already sturdy build. You have to figure he will need at least another 20lbs to be able to deal with ACC OL's.

Hey if he can turn out like Nikita Kruschev on Wake Forest we might be in business!

Hey if he can turn out like Nikita Kruschev on Wake Forest we might be in business!

As long as he isn't Mikhail Gorbachev I think we are ok ...

How would that be illegal? Former players go back to their colleges to workout. You can't stop a scholarship player from using the weight room just because someone else goes there to workout as well.
I would expect Dwight to be there I am sure he paid for a portion of it.

Perhaps we're recruiting him for DE? Would make the Freeney connection a lot more meaningful.

Macky