Class of 2019 - DT Jason Munoz (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DT Jason Munoz (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I can confirm CuseLegacy knew about this. She is truly a wizard.
2. This kid's tape is awesome. He's got a real nasty streak and plays mean. I'm impressed by his pad level too, usually that's something that needs to be taught but he explodes off the line and gets some good pop on the OL. He's going to be a monster under Edinger's S&C regiment.
Good thoughts.

Great first step, very agile and plays with his hands well for a high schooler. Received some high end coaching. This is a very nice pickup.

Do we know he'll play DT? The composite site has him listed as a DE.

Last edited:
There is a discussion on here about the accurate numbers of hgt/wgt. Only so much can be devined from a picture may show.

That being said, this kid reminds me of the body type of A. Judge, except Jason's biceps look bigger. Judge, I believe is 6'7" and in the 270s. The other thing is that he looks taller than 6'4"in the film, unless everyone else in the film is vertically challenged.

We'll find out when he enrolls and he has about six months to grow. I think he's recruited for the interior.

He’s interior.

Needs to add 30-40 lbs. Ideally he can RS.

Landing this dude still cracks me up.

Used to be, when we got a dl late, we had to talk ourselves into it being a diamond in the rough and tout how great our staff is finding hidden gems places nobody else was looking.

Now we're trying to figure out if he's fat enough because he looks too cut for his position.

World's changing.

I would be willing to bet he sees some time next year. Unless I am mistaken we have 4 total interior dline. Mckinely, Ruff, Black and Harper. Black has not played a full season yet I don’t think. Unless someone else adds more size this summer (Shaq? Kingsley?) then this guy could see some snaps. Guys get injured and fatigued in the middle. There will be snaps available sometime next year that will need to be covered.

An official visit was scheduled but kept under the radar. Munoz arrived on campus over the weekend. He had strong interest in the Orange based off of his interaction with coach Monroe. However, there was a specific moment during the visit that sealed the deal for Munoz.

"I was up there with four recruits," Munoz said. "A running back (Garrison Johnson), a quarterback (David Summers) and a DB (Dorian Hewett). At one point during our visit, they called all of the recruits into the auditorium and all of the players were in there. They gave us a warm welcome and clapping for us and stuff.

"After that, they had something called the players' panel, where the recruits and their parents are allowed to sit down with the players without the coaches being in the room and ask them questions. I just thought that was so cool that they let the kids be honest. They're not hiding anything. From that point on, I was like 'this is a real family.' It was just the vibe."

Munoz Details Moving on from Miami, Committing to Syracuse

Miami fans make it seem like this kid was some bum. Such a salty fan base. This kid has an excellent frame. One of those kids that will eventually be 290, but will carry it like he's a DE.

What a chance. It wasn't long ago we were flipping kids from MAC schools. Now we have scalps from Miami and Maryland in 2 days.

Miami fans make it seem like this kid was some bum. Such a salty fan base. This kid has an excellent frame. One of those kids that will eventually be 290, but will carry it like he's a DE.

What a chance. It wasn't long ago we were flipping kids from MAC schools. Now we have scalps from Miami and Maryland in 2 days.

They're just butthurt.

If your team lost it's head coach, went 7-6 and got absolutely plowed by an underachieving Wisconsin team in your bowl, you probably would be too lol. Especially after the expectations they had this year.

Kid's a solid prospect and the people disparaging him are morons. They deserve a losing record next year and I sincerely hope they get it.

Yeah he plays with an extremely low pad level. Great first step and has a defensive attitude I love. Damn. Great pickup here for obvious and not so obvious reasons. He will get a little run his redshirt freshman year just for experience and will get a lot his freshman year. Kinda excited about him and Rondi in there both at 6’4” and could both be 310 and explosive with our s +c coaches. What is really cool is the level of competition these guys play. He ain’t running bye a 5’10” 200 lb guard. Those are big dudes he is getting rid of and doing it quickly. How this guy is only a 3* is great for us but he plays at a 4* level for sure. Who is the dline coach there cause most of their pad levels are really low which is obviously coached up.

I always had faith in Babers/staff regarding all positions but was always worried about DT. That said, doesn't it seem that that once Babers/staff got quality DT's this team would be able to compete for NC's? IMO, that position changes everything and you can do so many things on D with quality ones.

Welcome to the Hill Jason.

Wait until Goldberg, I mean Edinger, gets ahold of him in the weight room.

Rocco to the rescue on this one. This staff continues to repair torn relationships from the past. Look at the efforts made in NJ and SoFL.

Wait until Goldberg, I mean Edinger, gets ahold of him in the weight room.

Rocco to the rescue on this one. This staff continues to repair torn relationships from the past. Look at the efforts made in NJ and SoFL.
How is this Rocco? Honest question. He hasn’t been at STA for like 3-4 years.

So, this was posted over at /r/cfb:

Miami • USA
Miamime

4 points · 11 hours ago

I'm not sure this guy is still a d-lineman. Here's the skinny from the Miami Rivals writer:
Munoz lost about 60 pounds recently and was down to about 210. There was no real explanation for this according to people close to the situation. He certainly was not in a position to play defensive tackle for Miami any time real soon.​
Last week, he and Miami decided to part ways. It was not going to be a very good situation, in my opinion. He cant play linebacker, for example.​
Nobody wants to talk much about it, so I am not sure on the logistics of how this all went down behind the scenes, but it is a great move for Miami that they got out of this one.​

So, this was posted over at /r/cfb:

Realize you aren’t saying that’s true, but in his pictures from last weekend he looks way more than 210lbs. So that seems like total bs, and sour grapes. Miami lost the kid, it happens, their fans are delusional.

Realize you aren’t saying that’s true, but in his pictures from last weekend he looks way more than 210lbs. So that seems like total bs, and sour grapes. Miami lost the kid, it happens, their fans are delusional.

I agree. There's another poster claiming he lost over 100 pounds. lol. Basically, we've ended up with a fish catch story.

Status
Not open for further replies.