Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

A lot of teams are going to kick themselves for not recruiting this kid harder. I predict he is going to be the steal of the recruits for last year. Hands down. Sounds like a man crush. lol:E
In general, people love to compare new players to old players. The type of player SU generally gets are the "diamond in the rough" type. People have been clamoring for the next Bromley. Maybe Clark is it...lightly recruited until late in the cycle, coming in physically ready, ready to be a big contributer for 4 years. One upside is Steven had a few more looks from other P5s...

Just got off the phone with Steven a little while ago; all is well. The team is making Coach Hicks a very happy S&C. Steven's doing some volunteer work today at the 315 shop, so he'll miss today's voluntary workout.

Is he picking up a Northern accent already?

The roster's been updated; he's a NT. Exactly what he wanted.
They'll update it again and just list him as "DL" because he's so freaking big he's basically an entire line. I showed my brother that pic above, and he says, "That dude is 4-feet across."

CuseOnly said:
So the DT's will be below on the roster this year: Raymon Cross Clark Guidice Samuels Slayton Seems like enough beef for the interior DL to me.

That's pretty scary. Just 1 guy with any college football experience.

That's pretty scary. Just 1 guy with any college football experience.

Not worried about it at all. Not every O-Line they are going against will be seniors. At times they will be against some true frosh as well. I would rather have an inexperienced D-Line than an inexperienced O-Line. D-Line in our system seems much easier to play.

In 2 years we'll have a squad with a ton of game experience. A lot of youth on the field last season and this season.

Other schools have FR come in and succeed, we're going to have to now too.

Oh in 2 years we are going to be scary good. Just a little nervous about this year. DT is probably the toughest position for HS kids to transition into, and now we're going to need at least 2 of them to not only step in, but give a good amounts of snaps. I think Clark will be able to handle it no problem (although I don't expect him to dominate as a true Fr.), but very much doubt the other 2 will have much of a positive effect. Even expecting a lot from Redshirt Freshman is something we usually don't expect from our kids. We don't bring in the studs like some of the schools that bring in top 25 classes. It usually takes our guys a year or 2 of development, and work in the S&C deprtment before they are able to come in and give us winning snaps.

The experience these kids will gain this year will do wonders for the future, but there may be some lumps this year.

Oh in 2 years we are going to be scary good. Just a little nervous about this year. DT is probably the toughest position for HS kids to transition into, and now we're going to need at least 2 of them to not only step in, but give a good amounts of snaps. I think Clark will be able to handle it no problem (although I don't expect him to dominate as a true Fr.), but very much doubt the other 2 will have much of a positive effect. Even expecting a lot from Redshirt Freshman is something we usually don't expect from our kids. We don't bring in the studs like some of the schools that bring in top 25 classes. It usually takes our guys a year or 2 of development, and work in the S&C deprtment before they are able to come in and give us winning snaps.

The experience these kids will gain this year will do wonders for the future, but there may be some lumps this year.

Why isn't 1 enough (4 DT's total) IF everybody is always available?

I fully expect a few lumps. As far as Steven is concerned, I think he's physically capable. He'll have to quickly learn the finer points (e.g. hands, leverage). I believe, though, the experienced OL and DL will school them up in time so that, by the beginning of the season, they won't be at a serious disadvantage.

I fully expect a few lumps. As far as Steven is concerned, I think he's physically capable. He'll have to quickly learn the finer points (e.g. hands, leverage). I believe, though, the experienced OL and DL will school them up in time so that, by the beginning of the season, they won't be at a serious disadvantage.
Is Steven going to have to make me put the pads on again......