Duck Soup Postgame Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duck Soup Postgame Thoughts

Sadly I missed the 2nd half...saw some of the 1st half and noticed the turnovers holding us back a bit.

Saw JJ hit a 3 and some nice hustle plays by the team overall. Generally liked how we closed out 1H! Quadir have a good game I take it? I love Judah...but even with the bad Quadir has been my favorite player this far into the season.

We’ll have no answer for monster front lines. But honestly if we potentially match up well with a lot of different teams. We have interesting pieces who are all clearly improving.

Reason for optimism
i actually think a team like Purdue with Edey is the perfect matchup to actually use Mcleod. ...or a team with a giant center who scores.

the worst matchups for this team are the ones who can stop 1 on 1 drives and force tough shots with great team D...and the ones who have inside outside offenses with good passing. UVA is an example.

there are only a few teams out there, imo...maybe 10-20...for now anyway, assuming they dont iron out the exisiting kinks

Really nice 20 point win, Oregon's injuries aside. Copeland looked like the best player on the floor for much of this game and it's hard not to envision what his ceiling looks like as an upperclassman. Really nice continued momentum from JJ as well, he played very solid basketball today.

I thought we got lucky in the first half with Oregon missing open looks. But credit Red for not sticking guys who weren't producing. The bench responded and then some with arguably the best games we've seen this year from all of Cope, Benny, Cuffe, and Maliq. Keep things rolling!

That was a fun game.

Along with the obvious, I thought Benny Williams played well. Some genuinely nice passing and played smart basketball. That’s a win.

I do think the team is going to keep getting smaller as the season goes on. We are going to see a lot of three guard sets and brown at center. Autry has consistently made an effort to get McLeod involved (something jb rarely did with his centers) and McLeod just isn’t up to the task.

That was a fun game.

Along with the obvious, I thought Benny Williams played well. Some genuinely nice passing and played smart basketball. That’s a win.

I do think the team is going to keep getting smaller as the season goes on. We are going to see a lot of three guard sets and brown at center. Autry has consistently made an effort to get McLeod involved (something jb rarely did with his centers) and McLeod just isn’t up to the task.
Jb always gave his centers with pedigree their 5 minutes and then benched them lately a la dajaun coleman etc

starting mcleod is the most JB thing red is doing, imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom