Duck Soup Postgame Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duck Soup Postgame Thoughts

Jb always gave his centers with pedigree their 5 minutes and then benched them lately a la dajaun coleman etc

starting mcleod is the most JB thing red is doing, imo
The difference, imo, is that red seems to be telling the guards to actively try to get the ball to McLeod in the post. That really didnt happen with Dajuan or early Christmas. I do think red wants to be able to play McLeod.

Reminded me a lot of the Gtown game with how it was close until we woke up and then just ran them off the court. Apparently they only had 7 scholarship players. No doubt not having two bigs was key but we still punked them.
Nice to have a vibe that all would be well-
vs recent seasons depression while awaiting the inevitable meltdown.

Incorrect.
Everyone on this board will remind us several thousand times over the next few days about Oregon's injuries.
How did Oregon win 7 games? This is just their 3rd loss.

I compared their roster for their OT win against Michigan on Dec 2nd and their game against us and only 1 player, some kid named Barthelemy who scored just 2 points against Michigan was missing - who was replaced by a player named Reichle who scored 2 points against us. Oregon played 9 players against Michigan and 9 players against us. 8 players (all the starters) were the same in their win against Michigan and their loss today against us.

I will try to check the roster differences from a game they had in November and the one they just played against us. .

I compared their roster for their OT win against Michigan on Dec 2nd and their game against us and only 1 player, some kid named Barthelemy who scored just 2 points against Michigan was missing - who was replaced by a player named Reichle who scored 2 points against us. Oregon played 9 players against Michigan and 9 players against us.
they were missing like 5 players and only brought 7 scholarship plauyers to the game

Anxiously await a sign that the coaching staff is teaching NMac how to play basketball-
And not a knock on the staff.

I like the quick hook for Bell today. His shot was cold, and he wasn't playing good defense. He got unlucky with some legit blocks being called fouls in the second half. We are learning how to win with little production from Bell and Taylor, which is good at this point

Pretty nuts that we started 1-10 from the field and ended up shooting 57% overall.
I noticed even our shooting percentage at halftime was pretty good considering the start. Really solid game after that slow start.

19 turnovers in a blowout win is nuts

still way too many bonehead decisions

and giving up way too many easy buckets

Honestly enjoyed the win but there are a few more levels of improvement this team can (and needs to) reach

I like the quick hook for Bell today. His shot was cold, and he wasn't playing good defense. He got unlucky with some legit blocks being called fouls in the second half. We are learning how to win with little production from Bell and Taylor, which is good at this point
Yup. Sign of a good Team. Pick up for your teammate on nights they struggle.

less minutes for taylor and mcleod and more minutes for everyone else is cool with me

this team's edge is defense

that needs to be this team's identity

in your face man d...getting steals, boards and running

improve: decision making and stop giving up easy buckets on defensive breakdowns

would also like to see them develop a few set plays in the half court offense

seems they found the answer for when a team zones them - quadir at the foul line is dangerous

CUSE is starting to cook. Nice Q2 win.

Chef Cooking GIF by Bethany Baptist Church

You can tolerate him missing open shots. It happens. Once he starts forcing contested 2’s out of frustration , time to yank him

I compared their roster for their OT win against Michigan on Dec 2nd and their game against us and only 1 player, some kid named Barthelemy who scored just 2 points against Michigan was missing - who was replaced by a player named Reichle who scored 2 points against us. Oregon played 9 players against Michigan and 9 players against us. 8 players (all the starters) were the same in their win against Michigan and their loss today against us.

I will try to check the roster differences from a game they had in November and the one they just played against us. .
They haven’t played anyone good outside of Alabama, their Michigan win seemed good early on but they’ve clearly fallen apart. They need their guys back I guess

This is shaping up to be easily our best non-conference since 2015-16. No embarrassing losses, only quality losses, and a handful of good wins.
Very good point. I think I actually included one WTH loss in my non-conference iggy prediction just because I was used to it happening. We tried vs Colgate, but still pulled it out. Assuming we don't throw up vs Niagara, I'm happy with the results heading into the conference season.

I like the approach with Benny. It is what it is. They should treat him like a freshman in the sense that you ask him little from him. Make a good pass, move without the ball, let the game come to him.

Thought he did that today and scored 8pts without really hunting for his shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom