Ducking lightening strikes from the uniform truthers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ducking lightening strikes from the uniform truthers

SCREW RETRO UNIFORMS LETS LITERALLY GIVE THE KIDS THE EXACT UNIFORMS MCNABB AND CREW WORE IM SURE THEYLL LOVE IT AND IT WILL HELP US WIN MANY RECRUITING BATTLES BECAUSE THEY WERE WHAT WE WORE WHEN WE WERE GOOD AND ALL THOSE KIDS WILL REMEMBER THE 1990S EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE BORN IN 2000 AND ALSO ALL OUR FANS WILL COME BACK BECAUSE THE REASON THEY DONT ATTEND THE GAME IS THE UNIFORMS WITH THE SKYSCRAPERS AND STRIPES
Your cap lock is on:)

They look like the 1934 Steelers

6c602139cb050fd727f8fc7e13068e30--pittsburgh-pirates-pittsburgh-steelers.jpg

Then I say that ‘34 Steeler team were a classy bunch. Not sure I like the yellow and black stripes though. Resembles a bee colony.

Then I say that ‘34 Steeler team were a classy bunch. Not sure I like the yellow and black stripes though. Resembles a bee colony.

It was suggested at the time that they had escaped from a penitentiary.

3daee-thesecondhundredyears1927.jpg

That would go well with the "Orange is the new fast" theme.

As for the thread, I don't particularly care for uni threads but the title was top notch so it gets a pass from me.

Yup, another uni thread. Thing is guys, its real and something that matters to recruits. As shallow as that may be, its real. Nike did us no favors and the premise was the BS 44 and NYS team emphasized by the previous regime. These unis are cool numbers AWAY from really hitting it. The whole gothic and 44 degree angles of the # and the whole look is what kills them. We have beautiful colors to work with, that's the sad thing. I like our orange/blue/orange look from head to toe. Again, bold #'s with this look WOULD kill it. Also, a bold orange jersey with white pants. The shoulder accents and numbers kill it. Guess we gave another year with THIS look. Cant blame nike but rather the previous AD as the gothic, NYC theme was stressed and its BS.

We should target bold #'s along with getting back to what SU orange is! I like our lids, but we should be all orange and white with blue accents at home. Geez, we have awesome colors, let's make them work for us!!!

Yup, another uni thread. Thing is guys, its real and something that matters to recruits. As shallow as that may be, its real. Nike did us no favors and the premise was the BS 44 and NYS team emphasized by the previous regime. These unis are cool numbers AWAY from really hitting it. The whole gothic and 44 degree angles of the # and the whole look is what kills them. We have beautiful colors to work with, that's the sad thing. I like our orange/blue/orange look from head to toe. Again, bold #'s with this look WOULD kill it. Also, a bold orange jersey with white pants. The shoulder accents and numbers kill it. Guess we gave another year with THIS look. Cant blame nike but rather the previous AD as the gothic, NYC theme was stressed and its BS.

We should target bold #'s along with getting back to what SU orange is! I like our lids, but we should be all orange and white with blue accents at home. Geez, we have awesome colors, let's make them work for us!!!

Thats the whole point...some fans complain about the unis and create post after post about them...but its the recruits and the current team members that like them!

Thats the whole point...some fans complain about the unis and create post after post about them...but its the recruits and the current team members that like them!
I haven't seen a post by a recruit or player on here stating that they like the unis. Can you link to that post as I would like to know what the player said about them...thanks

I haven't seen a post by a recruit or player on here stating that they like the unis. Can you link to that post as I would like to know what the player said about them...thanks

Lost in one of the other threads about uni's, I found a bunch of quotes from current players and recruits at the time they were unveiled and the posts went like this:

"Recruits don't care about uniforms, they are for the fans!"

"They do, here are some quotes about exactly that"

"What do you think they are going to say! Of course they say they like them"

--

I've settled on it like this. It absolutely is something that matters to recruits and payers, though not in the top 5 of things that help them decide on what school to attend. Old fans (like me and you, I think) remember the uni from when we were relevant and link that to the Syracuse brand. This is ok. It matters. Younger fans have had very little to cheer about and are probably less enamored with the current look. If we were good now, this look would have more staying power.

The truth of it all is that it matters a bit. But not a lot. Not enough to have a bazillion threads about it.

Weird, all the recruits we have on campus post pics with the all whites or all orange and fire emojis... Some guys even make their photo shoot pics their profile pics.

That's a weird thing to do when "they don't like the uniforms."

Let's call it what it is. The fans don't like them. The players do.

I have seen plenty of retweets from current players a recruits about them. But I am not going to spend the time to go back and look. I never should have even contributed to another uniform thread to begin with. I tell myself to ignore them and get sucked into it every time.

Weird, all the recruits we have on campus post pics with the all whites or all orange and fire emojis... Some guys even make their photo shoot pics their profile pics.

Every recruit does that at every school. It doesn't necessarily mean they like them. Usually just shows what school they are visiting or verbal to.

Lost in one of the other threads about uni's, I found a bunch of quotes from current players and recruits at the time they were unveiled and the posts went like this:

"Recruits don't care about uniforms, they are for the fans!"

"They do, here are some quotes about exactly that"

"What do you think they are going to say! Of course they say they like them"

--

I've settled on it like this. It absolutely is something that matters to recruits and payers, though not in the top 5 of things that help them decide on what school to attend. Old fans (like me and you, I think) remember the uni from when we were relevant and link that to the Syracuse brand. This is ok. It matters. Younger fans have had very little to cheer about and are probably less enamored with the current look. If we were good now, this look would have more staying power.

The truth of it all is that it matters a bit. But not a lot. Not enough to have a bazillion threads about it.

Thanks for the feedback, I was just wondering what their input was about the unis. I do like the 80's era look but don't really have an issue with the current look either (unless it is all blue). I'm just looking forward to when SU is winning consistently again, which I think is going to be sooner then later.

We are close to the time when the old uniforms could be re-introduced and the recruits, not remembering that we used to wear them, would think it looks cool.

I'm getting used to the new look and it's not bad, (except for the white helmets and pants). But I like the idea of a retro game each year where give the fans a blast from the past. I still remember the excitement when Coach Mac brought back the orange pants.

Thanks for the feedback, I was just wondering what their input was about the unis. I do like the 80's era look but don't really have an issue with the current look either (unless it is all blue). I'm just looking forward to when SU is winning consistently again, which I think is going to be sooner then later.
The problem is that they do come out in all blue or all gray. Styling is one thing, but forgetting who we are is inexcusable.

Good point, the players do, in fact dig them. Then again, they never really knew our REAL version of orange and they also don't have to watch themselves on tv , lol. Funny, after hitting the field after the Clemson win, i loved the unis in person and up close and personal. They don't represent well on the tube. You mentioned the all whites, i agree, probably our sharpest look.

If we’re really lucky, we’re annihilating long term brand equity for a very dubious short term bump - again, if we’re lucky.

Good point, the players do, in fact dig them. Then again, they never really knew our REAL version of orange and they also don't have to watch themselves on tv , lol. Funny, after hitting the field after the Clemson win, i loved the unis in person and up close and personal. They don't represent well on the tube. You mentioned the all whites, i agree, probably our sharpest look.
The all whites were the most chosen unis for recruits to wear for photo shoots... Back when I was counting.

The all whites were the most chosen unis for recruits to wear for photo shoots... Back when I was counting.

I love the all white uniforms. It's the best looking uniform we have out of the new stuff. I don't care that they aren't our traditional colors. It has the block S on the helmet. Thats all I need to see. Most schools are rocking these uniform combos in non-traditional colors. It's really only the bluebloods who don't do it and frankly it's kind of boring that they don't. With that said, I am looking forward to Cuse getting a more lucrative apparel deal and making some slight changes that could make our uniforms better, but a lot of folks go overboard with the importance of this stuff.

All-white is the most boring uniform and the one most like what Nike is having many of its schools wear. It's really the Nike brand uniform.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...i67k1j0i7i30k1j0i5i30k1.0.sRsHU2z8HaY#imgrc=_

I’ll say it again and again and again. I love new style uniforms. I love Oregon’s. I love Maryland’s.

The issue is that our new style uniforms, generally speaking, stink. The all whites are OK. And I love the chrome helmet. But overall, given all the combos, they’re not good. The colors are dull, the styling is inane.

Give me 21st century unis, I don’t need McNabb’s or McPherson’s. Just make them good, not something off the bargain rack from the Beaverton HQ.

And yes, the players dig them in their Insta posts. They’ll like most anything that they consider theirs. Give them something better.