Duke board full of whining babies: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke board full of whining babies:

Death, taxes, and complaining about officiating in basketball. Great game. You guys have nothing to hold your heads over. I have nothing but respect for Duke after that game.

As I've said on other threads -- it was a great game. You guys played great, and ours played great.

But you guys have to understand how we feel about playing ridiculously short-handed in OT thanks to a couple of horrific calls, and the no-call on the Hood dunk in OT was the cherry on the ref bitterness sundae. It's not your fault or anything (I think that would be obvious, but just to be clear), but I felt like the refs interjected in a way that really hurt the quality of the game.

Anyway, great game guys. Can't wait to see you in Cameron.

How about that tackle on CJ? A flop?
And refs don't call that at the end of a game. There was tons of ball there.

When u shoot 36 3s.. you arent the aggressor. The game was called as cuse was more agressive. There were a ton of no calls on duke as well as they tried to keep cooney and ennis from getting the ball. Sad to see whining in such a hard fought game. 15 3s are why duke made it such an amazing game. Parker and jefferson were just overmatched guarding our front court.

You know what? I don't even care. I leave this game with nothing for respect for Duke. They fought like beasts the whole game and there was none of the chippy BS you get from Pitt or Georgetown. Yeah it was physical, but I hold no ill will toward them. It's the difference of them being a worthy opponent, both now and historically. Pitt is not that and it is one of the reasons I can't stand playing those turds. This was Ali v. Frasier.

I think this needs to be said a lot more. No chippy nonsens, no retaliation garbage and definitely nothing but respect for the Dukies after today. Today was a ridiculous game.

Screw the reffing complaints, there are calls to complain about in every game thats close and hotly contested. Willing to bet most on our board will be complaining about them about right after the game at Cameron.

This game was pure fun as a fan to watch for either side. You want to win, but even in defeat you go home satisified as a fan because of how amazing the game was to watch.

Here is to hoping that in the next 3-5 years we become big time rivals (not that we will be bigger than UNC for you, or you bigger than Louisville for us) but these games are going to be something to behold everytime we get together.

Dude, our 2 best players fouled out on 2 flops, and Hood's dunk at the end would've been called a foul in 99.99999% of games.

I've liked this board, but you gotta understand how those of us in Duke-land are reeeeaaaalllly pissed about the reffing in that game.

you could probably argue that point and win, however you guys shot 50% of your shots from the 3 point line, we only shot 4 total 3 pointers because we were pounding it inside. Of course, we're going to get more calls. Plus, it was only 25-15 foul discrepancy, it just happens that 15 our yours were on your bigs.

On any fan board all the loonies post immediately after a loss and whine. I'll wait a few hours and then check their board.

Dude, our 2 best players fouled out on 2 flops, and Hood's dunk at the end would've been called a foul in 99.99999% of games.

I've liked this board, but you gotta understand how those of us in Duke-land are reeeeaaaalllly pissed about the reffing in that game.

Those fouls that Rak drew were absolutely legitimate fouls, regardless of whether he used body language to draw the refs' attention to it. On Rak's block, he did draw arm contact after the block, but it didn't affect the block, and refs don't call that kind of foul consistently. We caught a break there, but it was more than made up for when Duke avoided getting called for what was clearly an intentional foul on the play where CJ Fair got knocked out of bounds from behind.

CJ Fair had 2 Duke players tackle him at the end of the game. F1...so I think it evened out.

Complaining about the refs. For every "missed call" in our favor, I can go through and find one that went against us. Hope we can bitch slap them down there. The key will be to turn Parker into a passer with the double team, but if their guards penetrate, don't follow them, go to the shooters. I think both teams played as well as they can play. Great game.
Our board is the same way after a tough loss. It's what fans do

That was not a Flagrant 1 foul. He was not tackled, he fell to the ground accidentally, it was not a dirty play.

As I've said on other threads -- it was a great game. You guys played great, and ours played great.

But you guys have to understand how we feel about playing ridiculously short-handed in OT thanks to a couple of horrific calls, and the no-call on the Hood dunk in OT was the cherry on the ref bitterness sundae. It's not your fault or anything (I think that would be obvious, but just to be clear), but I felt like the refs interjected in a way that really hurt the quality of the game.

Anyway, great game guys. Can't wait to see you in Cameron.

Did you not see Xmass get the WHOLE BALL on that attempt before he was even touched on the arm?

I understand that the home team will always get calls in a game like that; the ref's are human. We've gotten that end of the stick in every road game this season since we're undefeated and ranked highly. However, this is a part of basketball. It sucks, but it is what it is. It was a great game and we, also, can't wait to see how we handle your crowd in Cameron.

How about constantly launching yourself at an opposing player when he's already got the rebound, and that was barely called all game? I saw plenty of bs no calls go against us. Everybody's so caught up on the fact of 2 players fouling out. That doesn't mean anything in how a game was reffed. It wound up being called pretty even.

You know what? I don't even care. I leave this game with nothing for respect for Duke. They fought like beasts the whole game and there was none of the chippy BS you get from Pitt or Georgetown. Yeah it was physical, but I hold no ill will toward them. It's the difference of them being a worthy opponent, both now and historically. Pitt is not that and it is one of the reasons I can't stand playing those turds. This was Ali v. Frasier.

Duke is very physical on defense, but it isnt the traditional clutch and grab you'd see from Pitt or Marquette. They are constantly banging cutters and making it uncomfortable for people off the ball. They play pretty clean on the ball.

I was under the impression that the new officiating guidelines were going to get rid a lot of the "schucking the cutter" stuff. Havent really seen in though.

He didn't go for the ball. Should've been intentional.

are you serious? then every foul at the end of a game should be a flagrant because no one goes for the ball. they go for a touch foul to send the guy to the line.

Neither parker or jefferson hit one of the 15 3s. The smaller lineup hurt us more on d than the bigger lineup..

Duke invented the flop. The fact that they sometimes end up on the losing end of their own evil creation is nothing but epic karma.

UNC sucks dude get lost. stay out of a thread the involves two programs that win without changing player grades to keep players eligible like UNC does.

are you serious? then every foul at the end of a game should be a flagrant because no one goes for the ball. they go for a touch foul to send the guy to the line.

it was close. It was excessive contact and I have seen them call that 50 pct of the time. He fell because of the contact.

We had the refs in our pockets this game, and we played about as well as possible. Amazing, thrilling win, but be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom