Duke board full of whining babies: | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke board full of whining babies:

UNC sucks dude get lost. stay out of a thread the involves two programs that win without changing player grades to keep players eligible like UNC does.

I understand you are upset about the L, but I'm not going to engage you in a back and forth about UNC/Duke on a Syracuse board. Congrats on playing an exciting game.

That was not a Flagrant 1 foul. He was not tackled, he fell to the ground accidentally, it was not a dirty play.
get real----------he was pushed!

That was not a Flagrant 1 foul. He was not tackled, he fell to the ground accidentally, it was not a dirty play.
never said it was dirty. only the it deserved f1...he was pushed& tackled to the ground. whatever...game over. See you in Durham...

Dude, our 2 best players fouled out on 2 flops, and Hood's dunk at the end would've been called a foul in 99.99999% of games.

I've liked this board, but you gotta understand how those of us in Duke-land are reeeeaaaalllly pissed about the reffing in that game.

UnfathomableSadness.gif

Now you know what the rest of the ACC has been complaining about for years about the calls Duke gets. There's a new sheriff in town. Welcome to Orange Nation.

On any fan board all the loonies post immediately after a loss and whine. I'll wait a few hours and then check their board.

Yeah, god knows this place is a madhouse after a loss.

I usually give myself a night of b*tching before I decide if I thought the refs were truly bad...

We had the refs in our pockets this game, and we played about as well as possible. Amazing, thrilling win, but be honest.

No we didnt have the refs in our pockets poppy. We also played poor perimeter d quite often leaving duke shooters wide open.

Dude, our 2 best players fouled out on 2 flops, and Hood's dunk at the end would've been called a foul in 99.99999% of games.

I've liked this board, but you gotta understand how those of us in Duke-land are reeeeaaaalllly pissed about the reffing in that game.
you sound a bit like the teams that play you

Ghost said:
Yeah, god knows this place is a madhouse after a loss. I usually give myself a night of b*tching before I decide if I thought the refs were truly bad...

It's a madhouse after wins :)

That wasn't a foul on Parker. Pretty obvious.
Not sure how anyone can really argue for that call.

Either way I'll take that win though.

it was close. It was excessive contact and I have seen them call that 50 pct of the time. He fell because of the contact.

Agreed, but I think they got the call right.

are you serious? then every foul at the end of a game should be a flagrant because no one goes for the ball. they go for a touch foul to send the guy to the line.
Like someone else said, if a player puts 2 hands and pushes someone in the back, that is not a play on the ball. They replayed that many times over, and it was clear.

That wasn't a foul on Parker. Pretty obvious.
Not sure how anyone can really argue for that call.

Either way I'll take that win though.
He swung his elbow into Rak's chest to create room. Absolutely a foul. One that's rarely called, but should be.

If you don't pick up four fouls, then you don't have to worry about a fifth. Questionable or not, don't put yourselves in that position.

He swung his elbow into Rak's chest to create room. Absolutely a foul. One that's rarely called, but should be.

Plenty of things are rarely called and probably should be. This shouldn't have been one of them, IMO.

Jefferson's fifth was certainly a foul, but hood certainly got fouled too.

I give Duke a TON of credit for their effort out there. Great game.

Threads with Duke and UNC fans posting >>>>>> threads with GTown and Pitt fans posting.

Especially after a W in front 35,446 at the Dome.

I think I'm going to like being in the ACC.

The Duke board is in a bad mood. Retro and AlaskaSU getting told to go F off and stuff like that. But I really cant be mad about it, if we had lost and if they came here to congratulate us, they would more than likely get the same sentiments.

Still a few good ones over there.

CJ Fair had 2 Duke players tackle him at the end of the game. F1...so I think it evened out.
The foul calls did even out.

The horrific non-call on Hood's attempted dunk is a tough way to lose a game like this.
But I was yelling about a few non-calls going the other way earlier.
That's basketball.

Don't let it undermine an epic.

I absolutely understand & even agree provided Duke home games constitute .000001% of all games (I'm not that good at math)?
Better chance of BC winning this conference than a visiting team getting that call @Cameron.

As I've said on other threads -- it was a great game. You guys played great, and ours played great.

But you guys have to understand how we feel about playing ridiculously short-handed in OT thanks to a couple of horrific calls, and the no-call on the Hood dunk in OT was the cherry on the ref bitterness sundae. It's not your fault or anything (I think that would be obvious, but just to be clear), but I felt like the refs interjected in a way that really hurt the quality of the game.

Anyway, great game guys. Can't wait to see you in Cameron.

The no-call on Hood was a no-call because our guy ( can't recall who it was ) got all ball up top. There was some contact with the arm AFTER that but no ref in his right mind is going to make that call under those circumstances. Your team played a hell of a game. I still can't believe the incessant rain of the 3's from Thornton, Dawkins. et al. Hell of a game all around.

I'm reading their board and they keep saying how we played our very best game and that there is no way we play like that at Cameron Indoor but they fail to mention how they lit it up from three. They shot phenomenally and it isn't like Tyler Thornton has been lighting every team up they've played this year. They are just beside themselves that a 50/50 call wasn't instantly tipped in their favor.

In summary, their tears are might tasty!

The foul calls did even out.

The horrific non-call on Hood's attempted dunk is a tough way to lose a game like this.
But I was yelling about a few non-calls going the other way earlier.
That's basketball.

Don't let it undermine an epic.

Eh, Hood doesn't get that call, but a few minutes before that Fair was much more clearly fouled (or at least equally) on that one break-away where he cut over to the right on a lay-up. The replay showed undeniably Hood fouled out by raking his arms as he went by - no ball, and no-call.

So in actuality Hood shouldn't have even been on the court either - he already fouled out too!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom