Duke board full of whining babies: | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Duke board full of whining babies:

Are u serious poppy? Every game where cuse fans complain about the refs you say it all evens out or whatever. Now you're gonna say we had the refs in our pockets????? I guarantee if we have 2 guys foul out in Cameron and we complain you'll say "stop complaining we lost fair and square". Duke took 35 3s, we took 4, that's why they were in foul trouble.

You are exactly right. It does even out in the end. That's why it sucks so much that a tremendously thrilling game has been sullied by yet again another ridiculous discussion about officiating. My post was a backhanded attempt to try to get people to stop complaining, but it obviously missed the mark.

I'm not here seeking your approval.

This is a board for discussion. This is a thread about Duke fans whining.

To not expect retorts is foolish.

And, as for the recently-raised topic -- no idea how my responses in a discussion about Hood's choice to go for the dunk there could be considered 'passive aggressive' in any way.

This may be my favorite post ever - a Duke fan coming to debate/disprove that Duke fans are whining about the game...by whining about the game.

Fail.

puke fans have a entitled mentality - they cant stomach that a su squad is a better team

Just so everyone knows, NOD is a Duke basketball and Georgia football fan.

Whining about the officiating is such a bad look. I hate when we do it and it looks even more clownish when Duke does it.

They forfeited that right after the 2001 NCG.

a8a6.png

I see it.

See anything else?

I do. I see the scoreboard that said you lost. Get the out of here.

From what I can see, there is very little difference between Uconn fans and Dookies, other than SAT scores. Wahhh...

And why the hell are some of you placating this whiner by say 50-50 call, etc? Blocks on dunks don't get any cleaner, period. Don't want it blocked? Bring it stronger. Duke shot an incredible % from three, given the volume of shots taken and the distance, mauled our guards all game, got nearly all the bounces, and yet lost. Deal with it. We have absolutely nothing to apologize for.

There's a new sheriff in town and he wears ORANGE.

That was not a Flagrant 1 foul. He was not tackled, he fell to the ground accidentally, it was not a dirty play.

it should have been an intentional foul and the ball back.

Whining about the officiating is such a bad look. I hate when we do it and it looks even more clownish when Duke does it.

They forfeited that right after the 2001 NCG.

Pretty spot on. We whine a ton about the refs, in the chat room and boards. This time it went our way.We'd be doing the same thing had it not

Last edited:
Pretty spot on. We whine a shut ton about the refs, in the chat room and boards. This time it went are way.We'd be doing the same thing had it not

Whining on the other team's board is the issue, IMO.
And masking the whining as 'discussion'.

Win or lose, no one's happy when a call "goes the wrong way". But, forty+ minutes of play and hundreds of opportunities for (and surely dozens of) blown calls and anyone thinks the W/L hinges entirely on one call?

Watching the replay, it appears Rak got the ball (barely) and Hood's arm came down on Rak's. Perfect situation for a no-call. It's always amazing to me just how well the refs do.

CJ was basically tackled in OT - to suggest Thorton's trajectory could have resulted in anything else seems to ignore Physics.
What about the punch to Cooney? Wild swinging arms colliding with bellies?

Disregard for the results of your actions is what a "flagrant" call should cover.

Is anyone surprised that Duke fans are a bunch of whiners? Their coach has been one of the biggest ones out there for years. Their players have been among the most demonstrative whiners on the court for years. Their assistants were among the biggest whiners I've ever seen as players, and continue to be like that from the bench(you're a scrubby little assistant Wojo, sit down). That's what they do. It's a disgusting scene down there and has been for years. They aren't classy and never have been. Having a 4.0 GPA and not getting arrested doesn't necessarily make you classy.

I haven't read all of this thread, but if Hood was fouled on that dunk then I think I would give up on this sport. It just wouldn't make any sense.

That said, the over the top replay was clear. He wasn't fouled. If you can foul a basketball, then ok. Because the ball was clearly hit.

I don't know guys, when you shoot 36 threes vs. the other team taking 4, and 50% of your attempts are beyond the arc, vs. 90% of your opponents attempts coming from inside the line, you really have to scratch your head at how you can get whistled 10 more times than the other team.

I mean, the more passive jump-shooting team always gets the calls in every game I've ever watched. Something fishy was definitely afoot.

This thread is exactly what my post earlier in this thread alluded to about how fans always think their team didn't get the calls.

The Hood dunk was questionable. it was 50/50 and in hindsight it was a good no call. i was watching the game last night with a bunch of neutral fans and they all said there was no way that the CJ Fair play was a flagrant foul. Just like all Duke fans are convinced that the Hood dunk was a foul, all Syracuse fans are convinced that the Fair play was a flagrant when in reality it was not. There was nothing malicious about the play. Jones was coming from one end to foul, and Thornton was coming from behind to foul him. Thornton did not push or shove Fair, he put his two hands him like everyone does at the end of games. If you want to think it was a flagrant foul that is fine but it was not a flagrant foul. The announcers agreed that it wasn't and the refs agreed that it wasn't after they looked at it on the monitor.

Dude, our 2 best players fouled out on 2 flops, and Hood's dunk at the end would've been called a foul in 99.99999% of games.

I've liked this board, but you gotta understand how those of us in Duke-land are reeeeaaaalllly pissed about the reffing in that game.
I guess you could be since Coach K and Duke NEVER get any calls their way, especially phantom charges. And PS the call against Parker pushing Xmas back with is elbo is a good call.

Duke fan here. The refs were slightly on the Syracuse side which is to be expected in front of a huge Syracuse crowd. When the game is played at Cameron Duke will have a edge from the refs and will get more calls. That is the nature of the game. It was a great game all around and the refereeing wasn't terrible. Great game.

Please don't misinterpret this post for whining, all I am saying is that referees usually favor the home team. That plus the crowd advantage makes it very difficult to win on the road in college and those wins should be valued very highly. Duke will have a referee edge in Cameron. No offense to you guys but win or lose I am sure there will be posts and threads about the officials after the game at Duke. It is what it is.
Apparently you never saw Higgins ref. It looked like his policy was to call more fouls on the home team to over come the home court advantage.

I'm not sure if its been mentioned or not, but Hood jumped too early,which is partly why the ball went off the back rim. He had to extend his arm too much.

If he jumps closer to the hoop, Rak isn't blocking that or even affecting it without breaking his hand.

This thread is exactly what my post earlier in this thread alluded to about how fans always think their team didn't get the calls.

The Hood dunk was questionable. it was 50/50 and in hindsight it was a good no call. i was watching the game last night with a bunch of neutral fans and they all said there was no way that the CJ Fair play was a flagrant foul. Just like all Duke fans are convinced that the Hood dunk was a foul, all Syracuse fans are convinced that the Fair play was a flagrant when in reality it was not. There was nothing malicious about the play. Jones was coming from one end to foul, and Thornton was coming from behind to foul him. Thornton did not push or shove Fair, he put his two hands him like everyone does at the end of games. If you want to think it was a flagrant foul that is fine but it was not a flagrant foul. The announcers agreed that it wasn't and the refs agreed that it wasn't after they looked at it on the monitor.

For the record I didn't think the foul on Fair was flagrant either. Or at least let's say that I didn't want them to call it that way.

Hood and Fair calls were both correct if you ask me.

I also think the 5th on Parker was fine too. Could have swallowed the whistle, sure, but the elbow was out there and was used for leverage. Christmas oversold it, but that's become such a part of the game now, I barely even notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom