Duke Football Model | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Football Model

My issue isn't with Central. It's with Duke. You insist that Duke players aren't being kept eligible by taking courses at Central while the rest of the ACC is because they're taking more courses there than the average Duke student. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The premise that Duke football players are being kept eligible by taking one class a semester at NCCU is entirely false. As in not true. A complete fabrication. Not based on any facts whatsoever.
The truth is that you won't see any Duke athletes taking courses at NCCU. As in, they don't take classes at Central. You won't see Duke athletes walking around on Central's campus. You don't see Blue Devil football players in classrooms or the dining halls because they aren't students there. This issue doesn't exist.

Last edited:
My issue isn't with Central. It's with Duke. You insist that Duke players aren't being kept eligible by taking courses at Central while the rest of the ACC is because they're taking more courses there than the average Duke student. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Average Duke students are geeky nerds who can't bothered to attend a high quality football game even if it's across the street from library, so let's please not bring them into the discussion.

Really, if UVa football players could take one course per semester at VCU, James Madison, or Piedmont CC how much difference would it make? If you really want to even the P5 playing field, you're going to going to need to cheat your ass off like you know who.

Does Dino know that we're as bad as we think we are & that it will take 4-10 seasons to achieve consistent winning? Because when he advertises that his offensive style will begin clicking between games six and eight in year two ... that is putting a lot out there. It sets him up to disappoint a lot of folks. I like HCDB but maybe he doesn't see the long term reclamation project suggested in this thread.

He's been hedging a little due to line play vs this schedule, I think.

But I still expect to see it click *after* the LSU game, just won't be as good as he's mentioned.

I have noticed that the OL isn't wracking up offsides penalties like the did last season

Give Dino 6+ years and let's see how things go.
A 3-4 year coaching carrousel hasn't been the answer since the end of the Mac/P era.

you seem to be pretty defensive.

Maybe a little bit. The notion that Duke keeps its football team eligible by sending them to the HBCU across town is ridiculous and patently false. You know, because going to NCCU is on par with getting an OCC education. Really? It's incredibly dumb and we'll leave it at that.

Ben Schwartzwalder: Ben Schwartzwalder - Wikipedia

Dick McPherson: Dick MacPherson - Wikipedia

This will be harder. We have more money and better facilities than then but not more and better than the other teams in our division. Our schedule is much harder, even with the "directional" teams. The fact that fans have been waiting through the end of the Pasqualoni Era, the G-Rob Era, the Marrone Era, the Shafer Era and now the Babers Era is irrelevant: we are where we are and it's going to take the same time and effort to elevate the program.

BY the way here's Art Briles at Baylor: Art Briles - Wikipedia

This is also harder than that. Briles was in Texas, not New York State, and had a long history in coaching there. Hopefully, Babers at SU will have higher standards that Briles did for who he recruited in terms of character. I also think the Big 12 was not as strong as the Atlantic Division of the ACC.

Not only is this going to take a while: there's no guarantee it will happen at all.

I have noticed that the OL isn't wracking up offsides penalties like the did last season

Yes, this is good news, good progress. But we have to get to the damn officials to stop the opposition from faking cramps to stop play. They have to make those guys who stop the game get off the field for the next play, just like in soccer. If you have to be attended to, you must go off, and stay off until the ref waves you back on. This is just a common sense rule, and will keep people from faking injuries, which is nothing but cheating.

Yes, this is good news, good progress. But we have to get to the damn officials to stop the opposition from faking cramps to stop play. They have to make those guys who stop the game get off the field for the next play, just like in soccer. If you have to be attended to, you must go off, and stay off until the ref waves you back on. This is just a common sense rule, and will keep people from faking injuries, which is nothing but cheating.

I've been harping on this all week. It's cheating, 100%.

Quick rant here on Dino.

I'm an SU and Duke alum so I follow both programs closely.

I know we live in a time where we want to win now. But SU football has been decimated for 15+ years now. It's not a project that is fixed over night. We need to give our coach time, and it will be fixed. I've heard Wildhack and our AD's mention they want to follow what Duke did. Invest in their coach for a long time and the wins will come. It may have taken Coach Cutcliffe a little longer than expected, but it worked. Now Duke is winning games, getting to bowls each year, and they just put millions of dollar to completely renovate the stadium (which now looks absolutely beautiful).

Please don't get on Dino after this loss. It's part of the growing pains. I know its expected we win, and frankly we should have, but this game just unraveled to the point where it shouldn't. I point to the fumble return we had (backwards pass) where our guy tripped over his own feet which should have been 6. A play like that blows the game open, and we just didn't convert.

Take a look at Coach Cutcliffe numbers, and realize we need to follow this model and the wins will come. Dino knows what he's doing. Have faith.

View attachment 109518

this post is aging well. and damn proud to have agreed with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom